• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mobius Final Fantasy - iOS/Android August 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
icR4AUBL0XXPA.png

Platform: iOS/Android
Release: Japan (Spring 2015)
Coverage: Final Fantasy Network

Key Staff:
Yoshinori Kitase (producer)
FINAL FANTASY Series

Kazushige Nojima (scenario)
FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY XV

Toshiyuki Itahana (character design)
FINAL FANTASY IX, FINAL FANTASY Crystal Chronicles

Toshitaka Matsuda (image illustration)
FINAL FANTASY X-2, FINAL FANTASY XII Revenant Wings, FINAL FANTASY XIII

Yoshitaka Amano (logo illustration)
FINAL FANTASY Series​

“Born of a line unending.”

You wake up in a strange world, having lost all your memories.
Not knowing where you came from or where to go, you walk.
A mysterious voice calls out to you:
This is the land without hope, Palamitia.
Looking downward, the light of hope shines not.

“A new era of gaming is here. We’re crafting a full-scale high-quality RPG world the likes the world has never seen before on smartphones and tablets. This is the end product of longtime Final Fantasy creators bringing the series to mobile–and things will never be the same.” -- Yoshinori Kitase, producer

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: Mevius Final Fantasy - iOS/Android Spring 2015

It's got a lot of good names attached to it. But while I'm a sucker for Amano artwork, when has his artwork ever been truly indicative of what we will be seeing in game? Furthermore, I feel like SE has made the "highly ambitious for a mobile game" statement before. I'll look forward to seeing more of the game this weekend at Jump Festa.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

I'll wait for reviews. It's hard to get excited when Square gave us All The Bravest not too long ago.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

It's got a lot of good names attached to it. But while I'm a sucker for Amano artwork, when has his artwork ever been truly indicative of what we will be seeing in game? Furthermore, I feel like SE has made the "highly ambitious for a mobile game" statement before. I'll look forward to seeing more of the game this weekend at Jump Festa.

Its not so much that it might be indicative of something, it just seems like they're throwing a lot of effort, talent and weight behind it. While they've made statements like this before, there's really never been much beyond that to back it up. This seems different to me. Will it be good? I have no clue. I just feel a little more...optimistic about this game than I have about mobile games in the past.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

My hype is up but if it ends up being really good, they better port it to the Vita at the very least. I am on my phone a lot but I really don't like gaming on it because of how much battery it uses.

(Also dude looks like a warrior Hope with a tan lol)

ze89Nq3.jpg

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Haha, always with the white-haired, tanned men for these mobile games lol.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

New images revealed, followed by an outcry of male gamers who don't like how exposed the protagonist is.

MFF_12-25-14.jpg

291dysh.jpg
a371c.jpg
34s3zm1.jpg

B6YVES8CYAAEMDS.png

More screenshots here.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Lmao at the last comment about SE becoming the romance novels of gaming.

The male sexualization doesn't really bother me. It's pretty tame compared to what girls have to put up with. I just don't think the design looks good at all. Like, if you're going to wear such a ridiculous..... shirt?.... you might as well just be completely shirtless. Like Jecht. Hopefully equipping different armor changes your appearance accordingly in the game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Imagine how this game would've looked on the current consoles. The character art looks great.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

when I looked at the amano artwork just the overall detail of the face and hair reminds me of Genesis although looking at the actual models of the MC definitely screams Hope Esthiem meets Tidus Tan

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

The way he's lying on the ground reminds me a lot of Yuna in her X-2 dream.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

The way he's lying on the ground reminds me a lot of Yuna in her X-2 dream.

I KNEW that pic reminded me of something! And I think the armor is going to change over the course of the game. Notice how in the 1st two pics he's only in the black leotard thing with the armor leggings and has a different sword.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Mevius Final Fantasy screenshots highlight events, battles, and job system
posted on 02.26.15 at 10:55 PM EST by Thomas James (@iiotenki)
Ranger and Black Mage jobs introduced.
Square Enix has released a new set of screenshots and details for its upcoming smartphone Final Fantasy title Mevius Final Fantasy.
As previously announced, Square Enix is creating a “high-qualiy RPG” that rivals the scale of a console game with Mevius. It is due out in Japan this spring.
Get the new details below.
Events
Here we see a girl reflected in a giant crystal. Could she be a guiding force of some sort for adventurers?
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_001-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_001-600x1067.jpg
The series’ icon Moogle character will appear, soothing as ever.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_002-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_002-600x1067.jpg
The protagonist, who wakes up in an strange world, is guided by an entity known as “Voice.” Whether hope or despair awaits after everything is said and done, it’s hard to say.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_003-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_003-600x1067.jpg
Battles
Battles are optimized for smartphones, offering simple controls and an unprecedented level of immersion. The basic “fight” command can be carried out by simply tapping the screen and you can perform multiple attacks per turn.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_004-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_004-600x1067.jpg
There are a number of magic abilities players will be able to make use of, including ones that should be familiar to series fans. “Flame Blast” bathes the hero’s sword in flames as he attacks surrounding enemies.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_005-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_005-600x1067.jpg
By defeating enemies, you can acquire “Elements” by defeating enemies in battle, which will in turn unlock more and more abilities as time goes on. A solid mixture of standard attacks and abilities goes a long way to keeping battles thrilling, while also ending them succinctly.
Job System
The series’ landmark job system will return. The attacks and abilities for each job are different, so it’s important to change up your job or attack process in response to the enemy you’re facing off against.
The “Ranger” job, for example, has high mobility and specializes in close-range attacks. It is one of the thief-type jobs in the game and has the hero wielding two daggers.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_006-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_006-600x1067.jpg
The “Black Mage” job, meanwhile, naturally excels at magic and is an advanced class among the mage-type jobs available in the game. In exchange for low HP and physical attack damage, a Black Mage can more than hold their own when it comes to magical damage and criticals. Their black robes are adorned with golden ornaments, giving off a dignified aura.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_007-600x1067.jpg
Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_02-26-15_007-600x1067.jpg
Graphics
HD Final Fantasy makes its way at last to smartphones after a long history throughout the series of greater and greater graphical fidelity with each new installment. Mevius Final Fantasy proudly draws upon this legacy, bringing to smartphones a level of fidelity, smoothness, and final detail in its polygonal graphics that was once only possible on high-end dedicated game machines. Nevertheless, the game is being optimized so as to be enjoyed on as many different handset models as possible.
Mevius Final Fantasy also supports Metal, which is a newly adopted API for iOS 8. As a result, things like reflections in the game are rendered even more finely than ever.

Read more at Mevius Final Fantasy screenshots highlight events, battles, and job system - Gematsu

Reminds me of Lighting Returns, that command on the right side definitely gives it away.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

There are definitely a lot of elements that appear to be borrowed from the FFXIII series. That Moogle shares the same structure as Mog from XIII-2 and the UI design is pretty similar.

Other than that, this looks pretty impressive as a mobile game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It's been renamed Mobius Final Fantasy now. Also, they decided to cover the protagonist up a bit:

2u9qtet.jpg

I'm going to be really annoyed with Square Enix if they don't do the same with Cidney/Cindy now.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

It's been renamed Mobius Final Fantasy now. Also, they decided to cover the protagonist up a bit:

2u9qtet.jpg

I'm going to be really annoyed with Square Enix if they don't do the same with Cidney/Cindy now.

Yeah, that would be super annoying...it will probably be how it goes though :/

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Was there really that much of a fuss over his design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back