• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mobius Final Fantasy - iOS/Android August 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

agentkiss

Re: Mevius Final Fantasy - iOS/Android Spring 2015

It's depressing to see when a male character is heavily sexualized, he's covered up when people complain. However female gamers have to deal with jiggle boobs all the time, even when the female character is not moving, her breasts are bouncing here there and everywhere. I think from memory, Tifa lockhart had this in Dissidia 012.

Sigh.

( btw new here on forums )

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I forgot to comment on that black mage design on the previous page. That's easily the coolest looking black mage I've ever seen!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It's depressing to see when a male character is heavily sexualized, he's covered up when people complain. However female gamers have to deal with jiggle boobs all the time, even when the female character is not moving, her breasts are bouncing here there and everywhere. I think from memory, Tifa lockhart had this in Dissidia 012.

Sigh.

( btw new here on forums )

I agree. If Cidney/Cindy isn't covered up after this I will seriously lose a lot of respect for Square Enix.

(and welcome!)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

The Mobius/Cindy thing has also been up my craw. Though yeah, that is a pretty sweet Black Mage design.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I complained about this on Twitter yesterday. There was nothing wrong with Mr. Hero showing skin. The problem was that the outfit in general was just pure ugly. Now that they have covered him up, it looks even more ugly.

If they have the gall to change this when there have been male Square Enix characters that were half naked (Vagrant Story is a prime example like Ashley's asschaps) they they better go on and censor Cidney because she is just as half naked at Mobius guy. At least changing her design would make sense because mechanics just do not wear booty shorts to fix cars. Give her a skin-tight jumpsuit of they want to still show off her body.

God damn it Square Enix. Stick with your decisions or be consistent and change everything.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It's not just about consistency, but I think Square Enix have had quite a good track record when it comes to gender-bias or rather lack thereof. If they change the outfit for a male character because it's showing too much skin and is more of a "female gaze" perspective than a "male power fantasy" and men are uncomfortable with it, but then keeps what is, and let's be honest, a super slutty "male gaze" outfit for a female character that is quite frankly degrading towards women then that will really reflect poorly on their image. No one is arguing against characters looking attractive, but they can do so without looking like they came straight from a photo session for Playboy Magazine.

I don't think objectifying men is any better than objectifying women, but I do think that more of the former is what is what's eventually going to make many male gamers finally somewhat understand what it feels like to be represented as just "eye candy" in games and why it needs to stop.

Last edited:

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

Finally got around to watching the trailer, it actually looks pretty good. Also, this looks like a re-telling of the story from Final Fantasy I.
-Our hero Wol (obviously Warrior of Light abbreviated) must help and protect a princess named Sarah.
- We've also got a sole knight named Garland .
- The title (Mobius) makes me think of a loop without a beginning or end, just like the time loop from FFI.
- The heroes of FFI also lost their memories, just like Wol.

On another note, if you watch from about 1:10 to about 1:17 & look at the globe in the background you might recognize some of the geography. Paramitia is a heavily altered Earth, you can see North America, India & the north part of Australia. Finally we have the little Flying Fairy Eko.....who I do not trust at all lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Cloud invades Mobius Final Fantasy.
[video=youtube;wDjzHJO3hLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDjzHJO3hLQ[/video]

009.jpg

Awards

I want to play this game, but not until it's released because I can't get around with whole game being in Japanese.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Does Cloud really need to be in everything? I mean Christ, I get it, but damn.

xig28

Awards

Does Cloud really need to be in everything? I mean Christ, I get it, but damn.

he isnt in final fantasy brave exvius

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

he isnt in final fantasy brave exvius

I had to google what this even was. A mobile game that just recently released in Japan - without Cloud. Well, praise be to Yevon..

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
That dub is terrible though. Ugh. That moogle is worse than the one in XIII-2...

LingeringVanitas

Guess I"m the only one that doesn't care for this game. Japanese version has been out since June of last year, and honestly it looked ugly to me the gameplay. And a third person perspective with it being "vertical" looked incredibly weird and annoying. The graphics look beautiful though[not the same when comparing it to how the game looks] and pretty enhanced for being a "mobile" only game. I assume you'd need a pretty "new" phone or device to be able to handle it I would think or you may be looking at some Lag problems.
It does sound like I'm complimenting it and also hating it at the same time. I tend to do that....lol

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Hella excited for the title. The gameplay is very LR, and since that's pretty much my favorite gameplay from all the FF titles I've played thus far, I'm happy. Cannot wait for the straight male gamers to complain in North America about how uncomfortable the sexy back makes them feel like the straight male Japanese audience complained about the sexy thighs and sides.

Honestly, this may very well take away time from Pokemon Go and Brave Exvius. I loved the XIII trilogy, and this seems like a spiritual successor, albeit on a platform that arguably, I feel, will hold it back but I guess allow it a bigger audience?

Also, Garland as a possible ally turned bad guy? Yes. This game literally looks like a retelling of FF1 but with actual, non two-dimensional characters sooooo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hella excited for the title. The gameplay is very LR, and since that's pretty much my favorite gameplay from all the FF titles I've played thus far, I'm happy. Cannot wait for the straight male gamers to complain in North America about how uncomfortable the sexy back makes them feel like the straight male Japanese audience complained about the sexy thighs and sides.

Honestly, this may very well take away time from Pokemon Go and Brave Exvius. I loved the XIII trilogy, and this seems like a spiritual successor, albeit on a platform that arguably, I feel, will hold it back but I guess allow it a bigger audience?

Also, Garland as a possible ally turned bad guy? Yes. This game literally looks like a retelling of FF1 but with actual, non two-dimensional characters sooooo.

I mean it is pretty obvious they developed this game like an HD console game using LRFF's resources then downscaled it to mobile just 'cuz.

It is definitely FF1 Redux, for sure xD

I'd definitely be more into this if they decided to announce a console port, but for now I'll try and find room for it on my phone. Had to delete Brave Exvius to make room for Pokemon GO and I love Brave Exvius' story to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back