• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mobilizing the site

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do we need to mobilize the site?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Today I couldn't use my computer, forcing me to surf the web on my itouch. Once I'd logged on to KHI, I realized that we don't have a mobile site which would make it easier for people on the go and it's a bit irritating navigating the site on a mobile device.

So what do you guys think? Should we have a mobile site or is it fine the way it is?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I wouldn't mind a mobile site, but the only problem would be people typing in text message esque language, which is really annoying.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
It's a good idea I suppose. I just don't think that the trouble of creating a mobile site would be worth it for the few people who would actually use it, unless it were more like a iPhone/iTouch/iPad App.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Actually, when typing on an itouch, you're text is spell checked

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I don't have an iPod though lol. But yeah, if your typing names, it could change them to something bad. I once saw someone saying something about some person named Anna, and their iPod changed it to anus lol. But whatever.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Actually, when typing on an itouch, you're text is spell checked

And then the voice of the iPhone/Touch speaks the voice to you. :S It scares me sometimes.

Personally, I can see why it's a good thing to have, but ehh; I've toddled on KHI with my iPhone, and the only thing that really bugs me is the buttons being smally on it. Luckily I have pinky fingers. :D

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
My main problem is the text boxes. Sometimes when I type in them, something messes up and the text is either split in half or not there.

O

Oberon

A mobile style would be great. Ideal, even. Though I don't know what resources we'd need for it, or if staff/the owner would even want to go through with it since everyone is so busy these days.

Well, except now; it's winter break. lmfao

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The only person on this site that may have the ability to do it is digital gopher but even if he could do it, he might not have the recources to do it

D

Deleted member 36435

Today I couldn't use my computer, forcing me to surf the web on my itouch. Once I'd logged on to KHI, I realized that we don't have a mobile site which would make it easier for people on the go and it's a bit irritating navigating the site on a mobile device.

So what do you guys think? Should we have a mobile site or is it fine the way it is?
You are posting this as if you are going to make a mobile site yourself if there is enough agreement.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I've been browsing on this site with a handheld since I first got an iPhone 3G 2 years ago. I have an iPhone 4 now and I think it's safe to say that anywhere between a third to a half of my posts are made with my phone. I don't think it's difficult at all. So we don't need to mobilize per se, but if it'll help some of you out, then why not?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
definitely....
or at least make it so apps like taptalk or other forum apps will work with it. My phone runs on android os and there are alot of apps for forums but none work with this site.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I certainly wouldn't mind it, seeing as about half of my posts are made from my iTouch.

Of course, I don't think it's necessary, per se, but it'd certainly be swell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back