• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MMORPG suggestions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
AQW is more of a chat room than an actual game.

World of Warcraft is still the best MMO out there. Guild Wars 2 is nice, but endgame content isn't there. D&D Online is free to play, but the gameplay is pretty repetitive.

Noel

Awards
There is Maplestory. Although most MMORPGs are just grind heavy and are just an excuse to show off with pay-to-fashion merchandise. Although I say skype with friends would make it much more enjoyable.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I concur with what others have said. I myself have tried both aforementioned products, AdventureQuest Worlds and MapleStory, and they are excellent and entertaining. But sadly, to make grinding and farming less of a hassle, you may pay to get "shiny armors" and much, much better equipment.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
you can enjoy maplestory if you enjoy killing the same enemy type thousands of times before progressing further into the game.

Noel

Awards
The button mashing of the 3new skills you get every 30 levels.

XINekuIX

I mostly play:
Elsword and Mabinogi.

Elsword is a side scroller
Mabinogi is similar to final fantasy XIV, but I mostly like making my own music on it.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
You should wait until it's been out long enough for people to play it and figure out if it's not a steaming pile before paying money for it.

Noel

Awards
Elsword was a fun game. I played it when they released the game a while ago. What I can say about it is you feel the grind when you're doing the class promotion missions. The gameplay is solid but the social aspect of the community is quiet.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Maplestory is amazing.

I would recommend you play Vindictus, DC Universe, and WoW. There's also Tera but I haven't played it myself so I don't know if it's as good as it looks.

D

Deleted member 36435

If you're looking for the "best" MMO I'd have to hand it to World of Warcraft. As much shit as it gets it has almost always been of consistent quality, dropping and rising at certain points depending on what interests you, of course. There has been no MMO in recent times that has been as polished and consistent in content as World of Warcraft has. So, if you are looking for one that is going to hold your time for a long time and give you the most mileage for your $15/month then it's the game you are going to want to pick up. The MMO market is incredibly saturated with absolute shit (like a majority of what has been posted) that you are going to hard pressed to find a quality one.

Of course there are alternatives such as FFXIV or Guild Wars 2 but I've found these are both lacking in the quality and quantity content department when put up next to WoW. MMOs are almost always better with groups of friends to play with, so you may want to factor that in to your decision. A few friends and I have picked up RuneScape 07 in recent time (don't play anymore) and had an absolute ball playing it for a bit.

And always remember
Pick 2:
-Free
-Fun
-MMO

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Vindictus is probably one of the only decent free to play MMO's. I enjoyed playing it with a few friends. Alone, however, it gets kind of dull quickly.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'd probably recommend Star wars: the old republic mostly because most MMO's that are free to play besides AQW are mostly the same top-down viewed same engine type stuff with the only difference being the details and theme of the worlds

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Sorry to bump a somewhat old discussion but I recently started playing Vindictus. If you're into a more fast-paced action mmo, that's your game.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Archeage has diddlying sloth backpacks that dance and fly with you there is nothing I can't love about it

WoW is only so content saturated because its old as hell and it isn't worth imo unless you get it for dirt cheap expansion pack-wise etc; even then Blizzard will have new MMO out sometime in the near future.

DDO and LotRO are both made by Turbine and as a result are complete piles of poop

GW2 is decent, but still hella boring anyway

ESO in the time I've played it is decent and basically Skyrim with people (though the PvP Cyrodil area can easily be onesided because of mass stupid on the two other factions' peeps lel)

I'd be looking around for The Repopulation (its still in development and seems promising, one-time buy (like GW2), one-time optional membership purchase, and in game shop for basic cosmetics and gizmos, etc)

DAoC is still around surprisingly and has a 14-day free trial incase you're interested in that

FF XIV ARR isn't worth your dollars unless you want it want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back