• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Miyamoto And Aonuma Leak 'Zelda' Info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultamaSora

In a behind-closed-doors meeting that was supposed to be about Super Mario Galaxy at last week's E3, game designer legend Shigeru Miyamoto and director of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Eiji Aonuma got off topic when they started to discuss the newest addition to the Zelda series, The Phantom Hourglass. Pointing out that the control scheme has brought the gameplay and puzzle solving to a new level, PH has already become one of the biggest selling handheld games of all time in Japan.

Surprising everyone, Aonuma continued on his thread and started talking about the excitement he has for the next Zelda chapter for the Wii. With Miyamoto trying to hold his lips for him, Aonuma talked with excitement about the control scheme for the next Wii Zelda game and how he hopes it will simplify gameplay in order to be accessable to casual and hardcore gamers alike.

Source: G4 - The Feed

Link to entire interview: IGN: E3 2007: Nintendo Developer Roundtable

Though it is very little info, I am excited for any info on the next Zelda. :D

Mighty

This after Aonuma said we may not see another Zelda on the Wii.

Clearly Nintendo rather keep it a secret.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!

Or not, it has been known that they are making a Zelda Wii since the Wii came out in europe (tat is in the beggining of December). There has just not been any info on it that´s the fact.

Exept from what I heard then it now has been in development for 1,5 years...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Uhh, shortly after Twilight Princess was released, Nintendo made a statement that a Wii Legend of Zelda title had been in the works for over a year

Here are some excerpts from the round table discussion:

Q: Supposing you do make another Wii Zelda game, are you hoping to have one-to-one sword control in the game?

A: Would you like that? We're still fleshing things out, so I'm more than happy to hear comments from everyone.

Q: What is your favorite moment from Phantom Hourglass?

A: It might seem like a minor thing, but because of touch-screen control, players can now make notes on their map. When players make notes on their map, Link will do the same.

Q: Can you speculate at all about how many years it will take before the next Wii Zelda is out?

A: Actually, I've been speaking with Miyamoto about allowing developers enough time to creating something really quality. Just how long that takes depends on the project.

Q: Have you ever considered making varying levels of difficulty in Zelda games?

A: I understand the varying difficulty idea, but with Zelda my goal is always to create something that will appeal to new and core users. It's about creating something that will appeal to a vast audience.

Q: Have you thought at all about setting the game in another setting?

A: I've thought about things like, "What if we sent Link to the contemporary world? How would he react? Or what if he was dropped into a WWII setting?" I've imagined all these ideas, but how these ideas might become a game, I still don't know yet.

Entire interview here: IGN: E3 2007: Nintendo Developer Roundtable

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Interview said:
Aonuma talked with excitement about the control scheme for the next Wii Zelda game and how he hopes it will simplify gameplay in order to be accessable to casual and hardcore gamers alike.

Let's be honest. Could possibly get much simpler? I personally thought that it was universally accessible already.

Q: Have you thought at all about setting the game in another setting?

A: I've thought about things like, "What if we sent Link to the contemporary world? How would he react? Or what if he was dropped into a WWII setting?" I've imagined all these ideas, but how these ideas might become a game, I still don't know yet.

I myself thought not to long ago about something different so far as the story goes. What would you guys think if Hyrule got thrown into a war with the surrounding nations? After all, Hyrule isn't the only place in the Zelda universe. What about bringing back Termina and creating some others?

Mighty

Uhh, shortly after Twilight Princess was released, Nintendo made a statement that a Wii Legend of Zelda title had been in the works for over a year

That was a rumor from Gameinformer, Nintendo has never said they were working on a Wii Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back