• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Miss Anything From KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I miss leveling up the traditional way. And Gummi Ship building. Actually, no I don't. I could never get the hang of it. XD;

Me neither.
At least in KH1 you could "cheat" and reduce the Gummi's weight, pack a couple boosters and just blaze through the routes.
I think they were somtimes even faster than the KH2 ones.

Rexy

Bronze Member
puzzles, platforming, trinities and dalmations...

I still think that if they changed dalmation into the Stitch experiments it would be awesome for kh3, wit some of them being extra bosses, when defeated we would get the capsule

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I actually kind of like KH1 gummi stuff. The missions not so much, but some of them were alright too. Mostly just the feeling that you're actually going from one world to another instead of just teleporting around the universe. Haven't gotten into the gummi stuff in KH2 yet, saving that for the last, but it doesn't have the same charm as the KH1 version. It was simple and clean, not trying to be too cool and stuffed full of everything. I have a feeling KH2 gummi trophies are going to be a pain.

Anyway I hope there's going to be some kind of similar system in KH3, diving in DDD was alright, anything is better than just teleporting.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually kind of like KH1 gummi stuff. The missions not so much, but some of them were alright too. Mostly just the feeling that you're actually going from one world to another instead of just teleporting around the universe. Haven't gotten into the gummi stuff in KH2 yet, saving that for the last, but it doesn't have the same charm as the KH1 version. It was simple and clean, not trying to be too cool and stuffed full of everything. I have a feeling KH2 gummi trophies are going to be a pain.

Well, obviously it was simple and clean. It was the first KH.

Jokes aside, I agree on pretty much everything.
Again, KH II tried really hard to be all cool and spectacular and forsake the real atmosphere of the game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I miss so much about KH1 that it's hard to list it all. Aero, MP Gift, Triangle to control D&G, Ragnarok/Ars Arcanum/Sonic Blade, tech points, Trinities, the Coliseum matches (that allowed experience to be gained), the effects your spells could have on the environment and in battles (blowing up walls in Atlantica, using gravity on chests in HB, fire causing Hook to go beserk, lighting fire to experiments in DJ and the fireplace in TT, etc.), platforming, the incentive to re-explore worlds, relevant Disney worlds/FF characters, Maleficent and the PoHs being critical characters, D&G being more than just comic relief, hidden nooks and crannies, I could go on and on.

I like the Gummi Ship in KH2 better, but there is a quaintness about KH1's Gummi Ship at times. I don't hate it passionately like some people do, but it's not really fun either. Like RiverofEnola, I actually built a ship or 2 in KH1, but never have for KH2.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Definitely Trinities and finding the Dalmations. I also feel action commands made things too easy, Sephiroth being an example... I actually beat him in just a few tries in the KH II. Things also felt more mysterious in my opinion for the first KH then the others, idk why... I guess since it was the first of it's kind with no expectations?

Oh yeah, and I felt the magic meter was handled better in the first Kingdom Hearts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The magic bar from KH1, the triangle button calling for help from your friends, alternate cutscenes, and Aero.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh shit, there's a lot I miss about this one.

1. The platforming. Most hate it, I love it.
2. The magic bar. It's perfect.
3. Aero, KH version. So much better.
4. The summons. There was more of them and they were better in general. Tinker bell, Bambi, Dumbo, Simba, and Mushu... the ones in KHII either felt like retreads on old characters or promotional items, like stitch or chicken little (which WAS a promotional item).
5. The theme song. So glad they used it in BbS. I don't care what everyone says, Sanctuary is always inferior in my heart.
6. The beast. He was so much of a better character in the first game, not some whiny, depressed, antisocial monster. He felt like an actual character, not a puppet of a Disney character.
7. The worlds in general. Both the original ones and the Disney ones.
8. The music. I like the soundtrack better than the other games, I think. Some of it is nostalgia, some of it is in personal taste.
9. The triangle button to summon your party members. This worked so well.
10. The fourth box being the alternative action/triangle button. I know everyone, including me, had a hard time with it, but I still have lots of nostalgia for it, even if I will admit it's inferior to the triangle button.
11. Destiny Islands as a playable world. And no, CoM DI doesn't count.
12. The atmospheres of the gummi missions. I don't know why.
13. The transform feature of the gummi missions.
14. The lack of keyblade wielders.
15. Billy Zane as Ansem, SoD.
16. Maleficent and how awesome she is.
17. The keyblade of heart.
18. Behemoths.
19. Wyverns.
20. Wizards.
21. PRETTY MUCH ANY KH & X EXCLUSIVE HEARTLESS.
22. Merlin's house in Traverse Town.
23. The fairy godmother.
24. Deep Jungle's music in particular, pretty much everything about it except for the VINES. THOSE FUCKING VINES.
25. End of the world.
26. Dive to the heart & fighting with alternate weapons in the beginning.

And many many more :)

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I also miss building Gummi Ships from scratch. I'm never really creative with this kind of stuff, but it's always a blast building a ship made out of nothing but guns so you shoot a solid block of energy with a single tap. Especially when they're on rapid fire.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
gronodonthegreat said:
2. The magic bar. It's perfect.
4. The summons. There was more of them and they were better in general. Tinker bell, Bambi, Dumbo, Simba, and Mushu... the ones in KHII either felt like retreads on old characters or promotional items, like stitch or chicken little (which WAS a promotional item).
5. The theme song. So glad they used it in BbS. I don't care what everyone says, Sanctuary is always inferior in my heart.
15. Billy Zane as Ansem, SoD.
Forgot these. Sanctuary sucks, tbh. I really only like the orchestra version.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'll just sit in a corner sobbing alone over loving Sanctuary/Passion.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wondered why Utada excluded that extra bit of background singing that was in Passion, but not Sanctuary. Love both either way, many feels.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I like all of them, but as for Sanctuary/Passion I prefer the After Battle version. And as much as I love Hikari/S&C it has been kind of overused. So I guess that's one thing that I miss from KH1. Hearing Simple and Clean for the first time. I cried for half an hour because of the ending and how beautiful the song was. Wouldn't stop until my mom threatened that if the game ever got a sequel she wouldn't buy it if I didn't shut up lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Passion = Simple & Clean = Hikari ≥ Sanctuary ~After the Battle~ > Sanctuary

"Angels in flight" is a line I always dislike xD

But I like "I watched you fast asleep / all I fear means noting"

Also the lack of the background "aahh"ing hurt the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back