• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Misfortune...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralChaos

Ugh... seriously dislike the name... if you can think of a better one, please let me know. Anyway, I have written this for two reasons. 1) Because I really feel like being creative today and 2) It's my birthday.

CHAPTER ONE

At first, everything was blurred. Even the figures around him were just white blobs to his eyes. Jake tried to wave his hands in front of his face but found they had been strapped down. He heard voices all around him, but could not make out what they were saying. He struggled to free himself from the binds around his arms and legs, which seemed to have gained the attention of one of the blurs. He then felt a sharp pain in his arm, after which he fell off to sleep again.

After what seemed like a deep sleep, Jake had awoken, but this time his vision had cleared and he was no longer strapped down, but he felt stiff and sore all over. His arms felt like lead as he tried to lift them. He looked around the room to survey his new surroundings. He was in what looked to be quite a small room, but well-kept. There were a few drawers lined up against the wall and charts were lining the wall on one side of the room. The door leading out was on the opposite side of the bed he was in. There were a few insturments lying around which looked like they were used for medical reasons. This alone gave him the impression that he was in a hospital bed, but he did not know why. He checked himself only to find his chest, left leg and right arm in bandages and a scar on his cheek.

Feling a bit scared, he lifted himself off the bed and tried to stand on the ground, but fell in a heap on the floor. Jake struggled to get himself back up using one of the drawers as a support and managed to get himself on his own two feet. He tried to move himself away from his support, but almost fell over again. Instead, he tried t refresh his memory, in particular how the hell he got here and who did this to him. He tried his hardest, but could not find it in his memory. He didn't even remember being hurt.

"Where the hell am I?" he said aloud, but of course, no one heard him. He pushed himself over to the door and collapsed just short of it. he dragged himself the rest of the way and pulled himself towards the door by the handle and slowly turned the handle. As he turned the handle, he heard footsteps coming towards the door. He froze on the spot and listened. The footsteps came closer and closer until they stopped at the door. Jake slowly let go of the handle while this person was approaching and silently lay back against the wall.

The whoever-it-was slowly turned the handle on the door and held the door slightly ajar, then swung the door open , but did not come into the room. Jake could not get a good look at the person, but he could hear her swearing. It was obviously a womans voice. The woman stood at the door just out of Jakes view. He heard her dialling a number into what he could only assume was a mobile phone and wait for a moment.

"Come on, pick up goddamnit!" he could hear the woman muttering. "Ah, Mr. Carlson! ... no, he is not here... it doesn't matter, the fact remains that he is not here... no, you said that..! Tch, fine!" the woman put the phone away and punched the door. "Dammit, how could he get away?" The woman walked out again and closed the door behind her. Jake heard the woman cursing and swearing until both her footsteps and voice died away.

Jake had been left with a lot to think about while he waited for the numbness in his legs to subside; who was she? Who was she talking to? What did she want with him and how would he escape? All these thoughts flooded his mind as he planned his escape from this hospital...​

Please tell me what you think of it!

Last edited:
J

jenova-absolute

ever thought about the title being OBLIVION?
i nou its not a really good tittle,but put another word in it and..

GeneralChaos

Oblivion and another word... i'll have to think on that. Anyway, I can't really think of anything to add right now. However, I will definately have something for tomorrow for those of you who like this. Not very many it seems... :eek:

J

jenova-absolute

Cmon...post something or ill kill u!!!!!
i really liked ur story...
keep up the good work!!!!

GeneralChaos

Calm down, I just haven't been on in a while... jeez... I don't deserve death, do I? And thanks for the Happy B'day R2S4U. Anyways, heres...

CHAPTER TWO

It took quite some time for the numbness in his legs to subside and during the whole time Jake heard people walking around outside the room, talking, screaming, crying... however, not one of these people even attempted to enter the room he was now confined in. Jake was not thinking on why no one entered the room, but rathar how he would escape from it with all those people outside it. He obviously couldn't just wander out the door dressed as he was, nor would any of the doctors let him leave anyway with all of those seemingly serious injuries. Instead, Jake planned to wait there until there were less people wandering around this floor of the hospital, which would take some time. He concentrated instead on walking, lifting objects and finding something in here that would explain why he is stuck in a hospital with injuries he can't even remember having.

After a thoural search, all he could find was medical equipment. However, he did take a few scalpels which could come in handy in case he came across that woman who was after him. By this time, there were almost no voices heard behind the door and any footsteps heard were quite far away. Jake slowly crept towards the door and turned the handle with one of the stolen scalpels in his other hand and slowly opened the door and peeked out. There was no one down that side of the corridor, but there were still voices. Jake slowly opened the door further and looked out the other side, only to see a well-built man in formal clothing sleeping on the floor right next to the door, but as soon as Jake laid eyes on the man, he woke up and stared right back at Jake with a look of suprise on his face, which quickly turned to anger. The man stood up straight and faced Jake, who was holding the scalpel out in front of him.

"Wh..who are you?" Jake stammered while the man stared straight into his eyes with a look of uncontrolable rage on his face. However, whatever the man may have been feeling was for the moment being supressed. He slowly reached up to his left ear while Jake spent the whole time studying this man. He had seen him before, but was not sure where... "Sir, I have found L-72..." The man was speaking into an ear peice. His voice was rathar high-pitched for someone who looked so strong. It reminded him of his own voice when he was a child. "No sir, that is not possible... yes, he has a weapon..." an evil smile spread across the mans lips. "Yes, yes... yes, sir!" The man took his hand away from his ear and reached into his pocket.

"Whats L-72? Who were you talking to? Who are you?" All of these questions came spilling out of Jakes mouth but the man made no reaction. He pulled out a gun from imnside his jacket and aimed it directly at Jakes head. The gun was huge and looked about as heavy as a tank, yet this man was holding it up with one arm, aimed directly for his head. Thinking fast, Jake dodged to the side and stuck the scalpel directly into the mans head, but nothing happened. No blood came out. The man didn't even make a reaction. He kept smiling that evil little smile while turning around on the spot and again aimimg the gun for Jakes head. "How... how is that..!" Jake had fallen back against the ground and was shielding his face from the gun, even though he knew it would not do anything to stop such a gun.

"You've had this coming for quite some time, L-7..." Suddenly, there was a loud blast coming from down the corridor. Both Jake and his formally-clothed assailant looked down the corridor to see what made the noise, but as soon as the men turned to see what was the cause for this noise, the mans head, scalpel and all, were covered in a white light. A second later, the light, the head and the scalpel were missing and repplaced with nothing. The mans body fell forward onto Jake, almost crushing him. "This guy must weigh a ton..." Jake thought to himself trying to push him off but stopped mid-way through. The crushing pain and shock and alarm of waching a full-grown mans head suddenly disappear in a white light were replaced by amazement. Jake stared down into the mans neck to find that this man was not actually a man, but seemed to be some kind of android.

Wires of multiple different colors were hanging out of it's neck and there wasn't a drop of blood anywhere. Still in his little dream, Jake lay back, not noticing that the body was being lifted off him. "Well? Are you gonna help me or not?" Jake reconised the voice and instantly took out another scalpel and held it to her throat...​

Well, there you have it. Hope it's good enough for you to not want to kill me anymore.

Last edited:

GeneralChaos

I just wanted to get in another chapter before the weekend, so...

CHAPTER 3

The woman threw the body down next to Jake, completely ignoring the scalpel being held against her. When she finally turned to look at him again, she instead looked down at the scalpel being held towards her. "What is your problem?!" She yelled at him and, faster then the eye could see, the woman snatched the scalpel out of his hand and crushed it between her index finger and thumb, then threw it at the deceased android, watching it bounce off it's leg. "I just save you and what do I get for it? Typical human, no manners whatsoever!" She then continued into a long, rather boring rant about the more hateful points of humanity, but Jake was no longer paying any attention to her, but was instead getting changed into the decapitated androids clothes and was just about finished when she began complaining about human hygiene.

I think it's about time I described exactly what Jake looks like. Jake, aged 29 still looked every bit 19. His face was perfectly smooth, not a spot or mark on it, which made him extremely proud of the fact that he hasn't altered it a bit. He has quite a strong build, but is hardly a power house. He has soft blue eyes and brilliant white teeth. He would have quite a career as a model if he wasn't completely bald. Not a single hair on his head.

"Hey, hey, calm down already!" Jake tried to also lift the androids gun but it was much too heavy. Jake heard a crack and fell back on the floor. His back was killing him. The woman, watching him in his feeble attempt to lift the gun, pushed him to the side and threw her own gun at him. The gun landed right in his chest, knocking the wind out of him. He watched the woman stride over to the gun and quickly pick it up and twirl it around in her hand, then hold it at her side, watching Jake fondle over the gun he had just thrown her. GER-22's weren’t exactly standard issue. Momentarily forgetting what was going on, Jake asked the woman "Where did you get a gun like this?" The woman grinned and leaned against a wall. "Well, it wasn't exactly easy, but I found a man in Cairo selling rare weapons. I noticed that one," she pointed her new gun at her old one, "and asked for a price. Wasn't very cheap, so I beat the hell out of him and... Well, he gave me a special discount." the grin suddenly disappeared from her lips as she bounced herself off the wall. "Well, enough chit-chat. It's about time we left." "Wait, wait, wait, we? Why we?"

Jake had gotten over his fascination with his brand new gun and looked up at the woman with a puzzled expression on his face. "You gonna take me somewhere?" The woman nodded her head slightly and walked down the corridor and with a wave of her hand, beckoned Jake to follow. "Well, if were gonna be 'working together', then can I at least know your name?" Jake jogged down to keep up with her. It was amazing how quickly he found himself able to trust this woman... but suddenly he thought on that. "And could you tell me what you are while your at it?" The woman slowed slightly and turned her head to reply. "I'd be glad to. I am K-00985-33.9, codenamed S.A.R.I.A. I have no idea what it means, so don't ask. And as for you," she turned her head further around and looked directly into Jakes eyes, "I know everything there is to know about you from your date of birth to your favourite food. So, no more questions. Time is of the essence now. We have to get you out of here before the biggies in Washington find outwhere you are." She turned a corner and walked down another corridor towards an elevator with Jake trailing behind her.

"What, the American goverments after me? Why?" Jake stood still for a moment, shocked by the news. America practically controled the world since they defeated China in WW3 and had the millitary power to take over the rest of the world in days. They were unstoppable, and he had all of that chasing after him for a reaon he didn't even know. For once, he seemed to have suprised the android, who stood as still as him for a moment, shocked. She then suddenly laughed as she understood what was going on. "Ahh, you must be having Amnesia after the opperation! Oh well, if telling you what you America's after your blood makes you freeze on the spot, i'd best not tell you what you've done. Probably peg it from a heart attack." S.A.R.I.A. grinned and pressed a button to summon the elevator.

There, that'll do me for now, I guess. Oh, and please, if you happen to come across this and read it rather than leaving immediatly, please leave a message on how it is, good or bad. Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back