• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mirage Arena v. Olympus Coliseum, which did it better?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which did the mandatory arena better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

After so many games, Nomura has to always have an arena feature where you can compete for good prizes. This has been primarily in Olympus Coliseum, where you face off against the evil hordes and maybe a final fantasy character or four (god I still have nightmares of that KH2 4 vs. Sora) for upgraded spells and weapons. Then when KH BBS came out, we were treated to a better arena in the form of the Mirage Arena, something that clearly took advantage of the multiplayer capabilities of the PSP. But since it wasn't the Coliseum, it had more creative liberties, allowing itself to replicate the various bosses that you would face in the main story. And this made sense, you can justify fighting Hades and Zack together because they're not the real thing, just illusions of them in an illusionary Olympus coliseum. And then there were the minigames which after dealing with them 3 times in a row, I honestly could care less about them. But enough about that, let's focus on the arenas. Which do you think did the job better? Olympus Coliseum has the benefit of appearing as a actual gladiatorial stage where you would expect the clashes, while the mirage arena can replicate areas, foes and even bosses to provide a great challenge. I'll leave a poll up top/

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I gotta go with KH1 Coliseum and how it splendidly ties with the main story and lessons learned by Sora.
Also its atmosphere, I'm very biased on that.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I gotta go with KH1 Coliseum and how it splendidly ties with the main story and lessons learned by Sora.
Also its atmosphere, I'm very biased on that.
Agreed. The Mirage Arena feels a bit empty. Having the Hercules characters as NPCs makes the world feel more lively outside of the arena fights.

doublerainbow

Awards
Mirage Arena.I prefer the mini games,it helps breaking it a bit after all the long consecutive fights there.Also, I actually co-op with my nephew regularly throughout all the stories mode,that might be why I remember having more of a blast with this place than most ppl that played this on the 2.5 port.

Laurel

Awards
KH1 coliseum for me, I found it more fun and I liked battling the FF characters. Not to mention that we fight Sephiroth and when I finally beat him I was so happy. Mirage Arena was fun too, but I hated fighting that one Unversed that kept evolving and becoming more challenging, I forgot what it was called but it had a cage to trap you in and it was always spinning at you, giving you very little time to counter back.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1. KH1 Coliseum ~ They interwove it between Sora's travels very well, along with providing some great bonuses (Diamond Dust, One-Winged Angel, Olympia, Save the King/Queen, spell upgrades, etc.)
-
-
-
-
-
2. Mirage Arena
3. KH2 Coliseum

sephydark

Awards
1. KH1 Coliseum ~ They interwove it between Sora's travels very well, along with providing some great bonuses (Diamond Dust, One-Winged Angel, Olympia, Save the King/Queen, spell upgrades, etc.)
-
-
-
-
-
2. Mirage Arena
3. KH2 Coliseum

This is my ranking too. KH1 Coliseum felt very rewarding and like it was part of the story, KH2 Coliseum felt like it was shoved in a corner because they had to, and Mirage Arena wasn't as easy to forget as KH2 Coliseum but didn't feel like it had much to do with anything else either.

Final_Key

Mirage area just felt too empty, like it was put there because it just had to be. KH1 Colliseum was part of the story and had character

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Olympus wins by default by being a Disney property in a Disney game. Mirage Arena is representative of a time where the dev team and most fans were weirdly ashamed of the Disney stuff because it wasn't "cool" enough, because Olympus was literally in the game and they didn't use it.

Soldier

Awards
Well this isn't going the way i expected, I'd still prefer the opportunity to re challenge any boss with any keyblade over story any day of the week.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The Mirage Arena has, like, zero personality. It's Olympus for me. The Underdrome wasn't that great either though, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back