• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Miraculous Ladybug

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
1025380-miraculous-tales-ladybug-cat-noir-debuts-nick-december-6.jpg

After seeing this spamming on tumblr for what feels like ever I found it on tv and watched an episode or two. Okay at best so far. Has anyone else seen this yet?

Personally I like the 2D look I seen in this trailer:

Keyblade Meister

The show is rather boring to be honest, it never gives a proper introduction to the characters, villain, or origin of their abilities. Also conflict is usually the same with a different themed villain to overcome never poses much obstacles or threat. Lastly cat nior is a bad side kick the girl is the true hero while cat nior is usually a one trick pony with seemly unneeded assistance. The fight always ends the same with a tweak difference on what defeats them. Overall not a good show to watch.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally I like the 2D look I seen in this trailer:

This is the Japan animated series that is supposed to come out sometime whenever, which I definitely find to be more interesting since it looks like it'll cover the backstory a bit.

The French animation is great, but I hate how it literally threw the audience into the thick of the story. It's a very basic shojo magic girl plot and you can see the Sailor Moon influences a mile away.

Anagram

Banned
This is the Japan animated series that is supposed to come out sometime whenever, which I definitely find to be more interesting since it looks like it'll cover the backstory a bit.

So the 2D thing is still happening? That's good too hear because I definitely like it's look far better. I haven't seen much of this 3D French version but I figured I had just missed the intro bits. Didn't know the show literally starts out in the middle of a plot....

Keyblade Meister

The Nickelodeon cgi version is childish which is what I was referring to however the anime style seems to take a new change of pace. Looking forward to seeing this interpretation.

Anagram

Banned
Can never go wrong with 2D~ *unlessitslazyandsloppy* *butit'llalwaysbebetterthanCGItome*

Edit. Apparently the created has comic covers made of it. (not actual comics themselves just fun cover art)

latest

aqualight

I haven't watched any of the english dubbed episodes, though have watched most episodes in both korean and french. A lot of the attraction of the show is in the relationship between Marinette/Ladybug and Adrien/Chat Noir, so understandably it's not going to be for everybody. That said, the show's really very cute and pretty enjoyable in my book. I find it's a good little pick-me-up show.

That being said i agree that nothing much has been explained in regards to how everything happened. Thomas Astruc, the creator of the show, has promised there will be at some point a origin episode. I'll be bummed if i don't get to see that this season. However it has been speculated that most of the first season is more or less going to act as filler episodes to appeal to tv stations, where they can show them in any order compared to having to broadcast them chronologically - which makes it easier to fill up whatever time slots they need filled or whatever.

As opposed to the original PV while there's some aspects i do like, there's actually quite a lot i am happy they got rid of. I really prefer the CGI as opposed to the 2d animation, i find the art style far more refreshing and pleasant to look at. I'm also pretty glad they got rid of Felix, and swapped him out for Adrien. Felix's personality is such a crusty and overused stereotype, and i really didn't need a snobby and mean male lead once again. As to why it was changed, it was determined by the broadcasting companies that they needed to slightly lower the target audience age and make it CGI in order for it to go into production. While i do hope some slighter darker aspects make some sort of appearance, i don't think it makes much of a difference for me as i still enjoy the show as it is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So they aren't going through with the CG and 2D dual series plan they had before (at least I remember that was a thing at a point in time)? I remember there was supposed to be the French animation that would be CG and the companion to it would be the anime by Toei. Well that is a bummer.

I do admit that the animation of the French version is vastly superior, but it hasn't proven to be doing anything very different from the typical regardless of the changes in the main guy. He may not be stiff or serious, but his character is definitely in line with the typical tropes of male deuteragonists and love interests.

I really want to lower my expectations to better enjoy it because I was super excited for this series ay back when, but the episodes I have seen aren't really doing it for me. It feels too...simple.

Anagram

Banned
I can't agree to 3D ever being superior to 2D. The way cgi shows and models look to me is incredible unappealing, stiff and just a whole list of other things. If they aren't gonna do the 2D then I'm gonna have to lower expectations like Ethy. u_u

Keyblade Meister

I can't agree to 3D ever being superior to 2D. The way cgi shows and models look to me is incredible unappealing, stiff and just a whole list of other things. If they aren't gonna do the 2D then I'm gonna have to lower expectations like Ethy. u_u

The cgi look is great, the male main character I would say actually looks better then the 2D version but the show in general definitely isn't worth watching. The 2D seems way more enjoyable from what I can see.

Anagram

Banned
I dont like cgi. It's off putting to me. Okay in still pictures or other medias like games but for animated shows I just can't really stand it well. That's another kinda topic though.

The 2D does seem way more enjoyable. D= Maybe they'll do something with it eventually.

Kaijuguy19

The show so far is fairly harmless though I can understand how this isn't going to be for anyone. There's a lot of tropes that people can see coming a mile away and I'm worried that if they don't try to do something new like add more of an arc,surprising character depth and information about the backstory like how did Ladybug came to be and why isn't the main villain going after it himself,people and even kids are going to get bored pretty quickly. All the same while I don't think it's anything special so far,I don't think it's among the worst either. I'm happy we're still getting the anime version like it was originally planned and I'm betting that they'll be able to make it more interesting in comparison least I hope so.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So I started the show and yeah like everyone already stated, it's pretty simple and cliche. I was hoping for something more like Code Lyoko, another french animated show but had a recurring and ongoing plotline.

Anagram

Banned
Hopefully the 2D variation can give more. It's mostly what I'm interested in.

Anagram

Banned
^ That's about all it has going for it tbh but yeah I got Pixar vibes too. o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back