• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[minor spoilers] Vanitas has a bad AI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelentingLight

By now most of you have probably seen the videos of Vanitas Sentiment's stupid AI. I experienced something similar with Ven's first Vanitas battle. Vanitas just sat behind a rock for an extended period of time doing nothing. I made a short of video of it for those of you who are interested. I was playing on LV1 CM btw.

[video=youtube;6bqD_Ly2otc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqD_Ly2otc[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
AI?

I was just waiting for vanitas to pop out of the rock and kill Ventus but that ending was just fine :)

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
There's actually a better rock to have him stuck behind. From the position you start at, at roughly 10 on a clock face from that position, there's a large rock with a slight indent on both sides. Trapping him behind that is pretty good for the Strike Raid glitch, aside from the fact he occasionally runs around it, which you can counter by running the opposite direction, anyway.

Stars

リク
It is too happened to me during VS's battle with Aqua. He couldn't see Aqua as she is behind the rock and just keep running around without attacking.

Beyer

That is pretty dodgy but I don't think it affects much. You can't hurt him from that spot either and the moment you move to get him he can strike back. Just makes for an amusing standstill for me.

Fascinating to find out though. I mean, does Vanitas Sentiment not have a <if block is in way move to side> sort of code? The way the enemy moves around the battlefield seems like a basic thing to me. Eh, just a minor overlook and as I said above it has no major exploitable repercussions.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
You can hurt him, though. As I stated above, Strike Raid can hit provided you're locked onto Vanitas/Vanitas Lingering Spirit. Aside from that, though, there are no other ways (that I know of) to hit either of them. And they do actually try to move around the rock if you break their sequence, i.e. through hitting them with Strike Raid, otherwise I would think they'd contantly be running in a straight line for the player.

UnrelentingLight

I know there is a better rock to get him stuck by but I was not trying to do so. I was just playing and it happened. Also this was regular Vanitas, not Vanitas Sentiment.

Well. lulz aside, i'm sure you'll have a better time with Vanitas's Lingering Spirit's "A.I."

And good luck with the Mysterious Figure too. lolololol

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That is pretty dodgy but I don't think it affects much. You can't hurt him from that spot either and the moment you move to get him he can strike back. Just makes for an amusing standstill for me.

Fascinating to find out though. I mean, does Vanitas Sentiment not have a <if block is in way move to side> sort of code? The way the enemy moves around the battlefield seems like a basic thing to me. Eh, just a minor overlook and as I said above it has no major exploitable repercussions.

Ya know sometimes I think the programers know about this little glitches but don't fix them cause honestly they find it just as amusing as we do XD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Oh lol. Apparently it happens on both Vanitas and Vanitas Remnant.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well...for some reasons Vanitas seems to hate big rocks and can't bring himself to go around them...lol

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
He does do that. However for Vanitas LS he seems to learn to go around the rock. However he never goes around the rock in the JP.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well the problem is obviouse. It's not the A.I. that's just how pwntastic Terra is.

If I knew I could've done this to Vanitas I would've tried when I played Ven, I then I would be all like:s1seafoodsoup.

I'll have too try it with VS.

UnrelentingLight

Well. lulz aside, i'm sure you'll have a better time with Vanitas's Lingering Spirit's "A.I."

And good luck with the Mysterious Figure too. lolololol

I have taken down the Mysterious Figure. Did he have AI problems as well? I've seen videos of Vanitas Sentiment's AI problems, too lazy to go play with them.

Crystal

Silver Member
^ If MF having AI problems , it will be good xDD
Lol..same happen on VS but i didn't face this problem during Vanitas' battle xDD

JULIO VP

I liked Vanitas Spirit. AI, even tho your pritty safe behind a rock, but damn was he persistant to go throw that rock to get you!
RELENTLESS BASTARD!!!
And MF was pritty smart

Last edited:

Flickr

LMAO. He doesn't come to you, YOU COME TO HIM.

Van: hell no you suck i'm not movin till you come around this rock, dammit.
Ven: .... ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back