• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mind Boggler: Can You Figure It Out?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Would it have something to do with the fuel consumtion?
The truck looses weight from the fuel useage, after 2Km it would have lost enough for the brige to support the truck and the bird.
If so that was easy.

You are correct! Obvious answer, ain't it?

Answer: The truck lost thirty grams of fuel by the time it reached the middle of the bridge.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Ahha, that's a pretty east one, but it's a hit-you-right-in-the-face one.

Oh, I'll throw one out.

You are outside of a room. There is no way to see into the room. No windows, the underside of the doorway is covered. You cannot see in, period. Inside, the room is completely white, and bare, save for three lightbulbs. The lightbulbs are hanging about half a foot above your head. Outside of the door, there are three light switches. The light switches turn on one of the lights inside of the room, but they are not in order. In other word, the leftmost light switch might not turn the leftmost lightbulb on.

The Riddle: How do you figure out which light switch turns on which lightbulb? You may go into the room ONCE, and ONLY once. Also, you may NOT go half in, half out. You must fully walk in, and shut the door behind you.

I got this in school. In all honesty, it's rather easy, but I doubt the answer will be immediate.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
From my understanding, you can go in the room once, no? This is to check which lightswitch corresponds to which lightbulb, no? So what's stopping you from coming halfway into the room (One arm and leg in, and the other out) and testing the lights.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
YAY! I found a loop hole....sorta.

But anyways....if you turn on the switch in the middle and it turns out to be the first light, then logic would tell you that the third switch turns on the middle light and the first switch turns on the third light. That is, of course, only if they are truly out of order.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
^It's completely RANDOM. Middle Switch could turn on Right one, Right switch could turn on Middle, and Left could turn on left.

How do you figure this out by going in only once?

cricket

You go in, and check the wires that are connected to lightbulb thingy, go out and take apart the lightswitches to see what wires match the ones to lightbulb? xD

Bah, my lame attempt. You wouldn't be able to see since there wouldn't be any light in the room...unless you took a flashlight, so you couldn't see enough to be able to do that. And the wires would have to look different and whose to say they do? D: *sucks at this*

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
You go in, and check the wires that are connected to lightbulb thingy, go out and take apart the lightswitches to see what wires match the ones to lightbulb? xD

Bah, my lame attempt. You wouldn't be able to see since there wouldn't be any light in the room...unless you took a flashlight, so you couldn't see enough to be able to do that. And the wires would have to look different and whose to say they do? D: *sucks at this*

Wires are in the ceiling.

Honestly, it's a pretty easy riddle.

If at least two more people don't get it, I'll give you the answer.

M

Miss Murder

How about you unscrew one of the lightbulbs in the room, then turn on one of the lightswitches, and if nothing turns on, then that lightswitch goes with that lightbulb. That's as far as I got, but now I'm confused.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
^But how do you know which switch works each light? You can't know.

And no, it doesn't have anything to do with being white. I'm just saying that so that you can't loophole it due to colour of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back