• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Microsoft

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Microsoft are just clueless in dealing with Japanese developers and the Japanese market though. I really think that's the root of the problem.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It's such a shame that this happened, but in my opinion the game hasn't looked great in a while. I think Platinum has fallen off a bit since their prime, but no doubt Scalebound's cancellation has to do in part with mismanagement by Microsoft. Just sad to see all the hard work people put in end up in this.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
1395014.jpg

So the Xbox Scorpio's specifications have been announced exclusively by Digital Foundry. Here's how it compares to the original Xbox One and PS4 Pro. What's everybody's thoughts on this?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
1395014.jpg

So the Xbox Scorpio's specifications have been announced exclusively by Digital Foundry. Here's how it compares to the original Xbox One and PS4 Pro. What's everybody's thoughts on this?

Meh, it's more power of course, and definitely more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but I'm not interested. If there was an Xbox exclusive that I really wanted to play at a higher power, PC still seems like the better option. Plus, I'll assume the console will cost $500, and if you add a game or two to that and maybe Xbox Live, I can build a decent PC if I budget well.

With that said, I have always been a console guy, and pure power is certainly not the reason I play on console. As a PS4 owner there was nothing compelling enough about the Pro for me to pick it up, and even though this is more powerful, there's still no incentive for me to spend the money here, whatever it'll cost. Maybe they'll knock it out of the park at E3, but in all honesty, meh.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1395014.jpg

I suppose if a store was a decent trade-in plan for XB1 I'd bite.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;KfARlsRtdPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfARlsRtdPY[/video]

A step in the right direction for Microsoft. Good to see.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I really hope that Cuphead hasn't been canned. The developers have been way too silent on that game...

I doubt its been canned. People weren't happy with the platforming, and rightfully so, so I assumed the dev went quiet until they can get it right. Don't show something that sucks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
FYI: OG XBox version of Psychonauts on base XB1>>>>PS4 port of PS2 version on PS5. Graphics/resolution/control inputs/framerate/load times are all so much better on the XB version despite my playing it on weaker hardware. A shame, I had hopes for getting the platinum trophy but it's not worth the hassle of the inferior version.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
HOLY SHIT: https://www.destructoid.com/microso...d-purchase-acquisition-call-of-duty-warcraft/

So much to process here: Halo, Wolfenstein, Doom, Call of Duty, & Overwatch now all under 1 roof. Crash went from being the perceived mascot of Playstation to 1st party Xbox character. Warcraft, Starcraft, & Diablo all on Gamepass, would we even need to pay for a WoW sub anymore? . Banjo will probably have to wait in line Crash & Spyro. CoD will finally cease to be the best selling game of the year every because everyone got it on GP instead.

Microsoft can totally do their own Smash Bros. now & it would have a fairly killer roster.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Pretty big news. The rights to IP is heavily shifting in the digital media industry. A major question is will the value be returned to Microsoft over the next decade? Microsoft stock took a plunge today. In my opinion it’s a bit of a gamble.

Back