• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Microsoft

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pestilence

Awards
If the rumours about the 2017 Xbox are even remotely true it should have by far the best version of Kingdom Hearts 3. Didn't expect this lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh hi, MS, thanks for joining us finally in the loony bin. You've been awfully quiet while the internet's been going berserk over NX & PS4K.

Right now I find the streaming devices a bit more intriguing. I may not own a PS4 but I've been interested in the remote play stuff & XB1 can already multi-task gaming & video apps so it seems like it would make sense to have a game on 1 TV & netflix on the other.

As a consumer, that has to piss you off knowing you've owned a X1 since 2013, but in less than 3 years, Microsoft upgrades the console.
Well the OG XBox only got 4 years before 360 came along. At least here it seems XB1 will be still be getting games even if they run better on newer hardware.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
If the rumours about the 2017 Xbox are even remotely true it should have by far the best version of Kingdom Hearts 3. Didn't expect this lol.
That is if square has any interest whatsoever in using the extra hardware which i really doubt.

They already have to deal with the base and neo now,now something else,they gain nothing from doing it.

Pestilence

Awards
That is if square has any interest whatsoever in using the extra hardware which i really doubt.

They already have to deal with the base and neo now,now something else,they gain nothing from doing it.

Microsoft probably will do the same thing as Sony and force developers to have an upgraded version. Also it's bad PR for SE if they develop bad ports.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It's just hard for me to see most third party companies caring about yet another console to develop for,especially when the upgraded version looks almost a gen above base version.

That i just can't see Microsoft being able to force them like Sony seeing they at least they have a massive fanbase backing them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Honestly if KH3 were to get an NX port, that'll probably be the one I'll get regardless of exact specs.

It's just hard for me to see most third party companies caring about yet another console to develop for,especially when the upgraded version looks almost a gen above base version.

That i just can't see Microsoft being able to force them like Sony seeing they at least they have a massive fanbase backing them.
MS seems to moving towards unifying XBox & PC gaming to the point that future XBoxes will pretty much be custom-made PCs with an XBox branded app. Combined with the push towards iterative console releases, MS is basically trying to force fundamental changes to how the entire industry works & 3rd parties will probably have little choice but to roll with it.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The entire Microsoft conference schedule leaked and there's only one thing worth tuning in for and it's on PS4 lol

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
What is the point of making an Xbox that powerful, especially when they're also launching the Play Anywhere campaign? If you want the best specs, you might as well focus on PC gaming then? It would make more sense to go all in for the PC market and have Xbox serve as a cheap mid-end kit for everyone who just wants to game without getting into the technical stuff. I mean, a super powerful Xbox seems so redundant when you can just go for a good PC rig instead.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
What is the point of making an Xbox that powerful, especially when they're also launching the Play Anywhere campaign? If you want the best specs, you might as well focus on PC gaming then? It would make more sense to go all in for the PC market and have Xbox serve as a cheap mid-end kit for everyone who just wants to game without getting into the technical stuff. I mean, a super powerful Xbox seems so redundant when you can just go for a good PC rig instead.

That's what I was saying in the E3 thread. Some people just prefer console I guess. I mean I do for one, I have a preference for consoles, so it's probably just one of those things. But it does seem a bit strange to such a thing. Having the options there is always a good thing though.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
PC and console gaming used to be very different things, but in recent years there has been a push to merge the two. I'm all fine with console games being ported to PC. But PC games being ported to consoles have had such a negative impact on console gaming. If console gaming was still all about games like Dragon Quest and Street Fighter, the PS4 would be ideal in terms of specs. But now people suddenly want games by Bethesda to run in 1080p60 (or higher!) on consoles. In turn, colourful and typical console games like the ones I just mentioned or Kingdom Hearts to give another example are quickly being shoved to the side. In short, people want consoles to be like PC's, when in fact they'd be better off just getting a PC to begin with but they're too lazy to learn how to upgrade them manually.

Honestly, Sony's consoles have been the primary home of most of my favourite franchises ever since the first PlayStation - but if Sony and Microsoft are hellbent on turning their future consoles to expensive yet downgraded PC rigs, I just hope that all of the companies who still like to develop "videogamey" games jump ship to Nintendo, because at least they will still try to appeal to console gamers in the future as well.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Ck2QFmBUoAEQNnj.jpg

Totally making this my custom controller.

Back