• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey's keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

Any explanation on why Mickey used Star Seeker in re: Coded? I'm pretty sure he uses Kingdom Key D in KH:3D.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Any explanation on why Mickey used Star Seeker in re: Coded? I'm pretty sure he uses Kingdom Key D in KH:3D.

He has more than one keychain. Sora uses plenty of different keyblades from using keychains. Why can't Mickey?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
King Mickey uses the StarSeeker in BBS as well. I don't think it holds any significance as far as plot,story goes.

State

Awards
Starskeer is Master Mickey Mouse's original keyblade. He started and ended his Mark of Mastery with that keychain. After entering the Realm of Darkness, he acquired the Inverse Kingdom Key and kept using it from henceforth.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Mickey has two keyblades. Star Seeker and Kingdom Key D. Star Seeker is a realm of light Keyblade, Kingdom Key D is of course a realm of darkness keyblade.

A Keyblade Wielder can have more than one Keyblade. However, they can only wield one Keyblade at a time unless they have two hearts. To explain i'll give examples in the series of three different cases:

1. Sora: In KH1 Sora had his own heart and Ventus' heart. Therefore even in KH1, Sora had the ability to dual wield. But Sora was in position of only one Keyblade. It wasn't until he obtained Roxas'/Ven's Keyblade in KH2 after Roxas returned to him that he could dual wield.

2. Roxas: Roxas had Ven's heart in 358/2 Days, so he had the ability to dual wield from the begining, but he only had one keyblade until he inherited Xion's keyblade.

In these two cases it is shown that a person can have the ability to dual wield (By having more than one heart inside of them) but they have to obtain a second Keyblade in order to actually dual wield.

3. Mickey: Mickey's original Keyblade is Star Seeker. But later Mickey obtains the Kingdom Key D. Now Mickey only has one heart (His own) so even though Mickey is in possesion of two keyblades, he cannot wield them both in battle at the same time. He can only use one Keyblade at a time.

So in Mickey's case, a person can have two keyblades, but he can't wield them both at the same time unless he has two hearts inside of him.
----------------------

Sora is a very interesting case. Sora has his own heart, Ven's heart, Roxas' heart, and Xion's heart. In other words he can possibly quad wield. He's already been shown to be able to triple wield in KH2 Final Mix during his fight with Roxas.

State

Awards
I'm pretty sure he'll quadwield by using a Drive Form, wield two keyblades and manipulate the others with his mind (like in Final Form).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, in theory, Roxas should be able to triple-wield while Sora could possible quad-wield due to four hearts being within him.

There is one question remaining though that could topple over the whole stuff:
It was said that Roxas could wield two blades because of Sora and Ventus, so it isn't actually confirmed that Roxas' and Xion's new born hearts are actually hearts with the wielding ability.
After all, even Sora himself got his wielding ability only by connecting with Ven's heart as a newborn.

Also, that Drive Form idea is moot since Sora isn't Xehanort. He won't keep the hearts inside him to use them, Sora will set those hearts free to live in the end.

State

Awards
so it isn't actually confirmed that Roxas' and Xion's new born hearts are actually hearts with the wielding ability.
Yeah, seeing as how they're relatively new hearts, so yeah, the Inheritance Ceremony would have to be performed on them (and I'm sure Sora/Yen Sid/Lea/Riku will perform it on either of them).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The whole wielding more than more than two Keyblades thing reminds me of the ASAS/DD secret ending end how they showed Roxas with three Keyblades. Makes me wonder where they were going to go with that.

State

Awards
Makes me wonder where they were going to go with that.
Nomura adds elements to the story as he remembers. He remembered Roxas triplewielding in ASAT, so I guess he introduced that in the new scene formulated in KINGDOM HEARTS II - Final Mix - based on that thought, so I guess we'll see something along those lines in a future. Who knows, maybe we'll see one of the Master pull this out?

Ruran

Awards
Nomura adds elements to the story as he remembers. He remembered Roxas triplewielding in ASAT, so I guess he introduced that in the new scene formulated in KINGDOM HEARTS II - Final Mix - based on that thought, so I guess we'll see something along those lines in a future. Who knows, maybe we'll see one of the Master pull this out?

I guess so. It just seemed like in that old trailer that "tri wielding" was going to be more important but it got reduced to a game mechanic. Perhaps they'll resurrect the concept.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Tkingdom key D is more powerful then the starseeker, so mickey busts it out for all important battles.

Just becasue tri weilding was an ability used by his boss form in a final mix games doesnt mean its gonnaa show up again anytime soon. Roas is know for dual weilding revers grip offesnsive style and that what he will proably stick with

Ruran

Awards
Tkingdom key D is more powerful then the starseeker, so mickey busts it out for all important battles.

Just becasue tri weilding was an ability used by his boss form in a final mix games doesnt mean its gonnaa show up again anytime soon.

Makes sense.

I don't much about the FMs so I wasn't taking that into consideration. I was thinking about ASAS/DD.

Roas is know for dual weilding revers grip offesnsive style and that what he will proably stick with

Also, whaaaaaa?
This part blew my mind for several reasons.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Also, whaaaaaa?
This part blew my mind for several reasons.

I couldn't even properly read it, lol.

---

As far as I remember though Roxas never used reverse grip. Sora does it rarely (as does Riku once in DDD), but Ventus is the only one (so far) constantly wielding in a reverse grip as his standard style (and also the only one who uses shorter Keyblades, while Terra so far is the only one to use longer ones).
Roxas does have one of the more aggressive battle styles though, although it remains to be seen if he will (and can!) continue to dual-wield.
In the opening of Dream Drop Distance at the end Roxas is shown also without dual wielding, brandishing a single Oblivion when he stands between Riku and Terra.

State

Awards
Yeah, Ventus likes them shorter and Terra longer; they were meant for eachother. .3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, Ventus likes them shorter and Terra longer; they were meant for eachother. .3.

Yikes, that can also be seen ambiguously, lol. (as so much other stuff in this series, not that I would mind though. XD).
Although I'd dare to assume it also has to do with their physical build and preferred style. Ven is after all relatively tiny and a speedster, while Terra is more bulky and one of his hits has probably four times the power behind it than one of Ven's.

Then there's the deadly combo of Terra using D-Link with Ven in BBS. Terra's brute power combined with Ven's speed = Ouch-Time.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Star Seeker and KKD are just Keychains that Mickey swaps out.
Keychains seem to appear whenever a connection between a wielder and another person is made. Star Seeker, Mickey probably got as his Keyblade since Yen Sid and him have a connection. KKD, Mickey was in the RoD. Something happened there to give him a connection with someone or something, and then he got the KKD, and since he was in the RoD it was a Keyblade of Darkness.

I really doubt KKD is another actual Keyblade that was someone else's that Mickey acquired. If that's true, then that just leaves too many questions, like who owned the KKD and why was it just hanging around in the RoD for Mickey to find.

Ruran

Awards
Star Seeker and KKD are just Keychains that Mickey swaps out.
Keychains seem to appear whenever a connection between a wielder and another person is made. Star Seeker, Mickey probably got as his Keyblade since Yen Sid and him have a connection. KKD, Mickey was in the RoD. Something happened there to give him a connection with someone or something, and then he got the KKD, and since he was in the RoD it was a Keyblade of Darkness.

I really doubt KKD is another actual Keyblade that was someone else's that Mickey acquired. If that's true, then that just leaves too many questions, like who owned the KKD and why was it just hanging around in the RoD for Mickey to find.

KKD seems to be Mickey's legit Keyblade. Star Seeker was Yen Sid's Keyblade that he gave Mickey because it seems he didn't acquire his own until he went into the RoD to get it. It's much like how Aqua now uses her Master's Keyblade...only sort of in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back