• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MFC71.DLL -- Not Found?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Hey!

Alright, so I am trying to install Photoshop CS2 into my computer (Windows XP) but every time it's done downloading and rebooting my computer, a message comes up reading:

"This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
"

I have tried to fix the problem myself, but nothing seems to be working. After I read that downloading MFC71.DLL from one of those free downloading sites wasn't something that should have been done, I took the files out from my computer (the files weren't working anyway) -_-

So, if someone knows how to fix the problem, I'd very much appreciate your help. I know there are some really good computer-fixing people here, lol. 0_0

Thanks.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
After I read that downloading MFC71.DLL from one of those free downloading sites wasn't something that should have been done
That is not true and doesn't even make sense. The error arises specifically because that particular .dll file is missing (or corrupt. Simple reasoning tells you that you WANT to replace your current MFC7.dll file with a new copy.

Not replacing the mfc71.dll is the exact opposite of you need to get Photoshop in functioning order.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
That is not true and doesn't even make sense.
I took it to mean someone mentioned that there is a good chance of downloading a virus/spyware/adware/etc. from a site like that, not that replacing a necessary file is a bad idea. In the correct context, it makes perfect sense.

And Sora, for reference, not all of those free download sites are malicious but it can be dangerous to replace system files with files from unknown sources.

As for your missing file, you can try replacing it with mine at http://www.brokenrevolution.com/MFC71.zip. It came directly from my system32 folder on a computer that is currently running Photoshop without issue. Granted, since I'm completely contradicting myself with this offer, it's up to you whether or not you want to use my file though I assure you, I've done nothing to it. If you want it, make sure you take it soon though since I'll only be leaving it up there for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back