• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mevius Final Fantasy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Square Enix has filed for a trademark titled Mevius Final Fantasy. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I tried searching for some kind of etymology on the word Mevius but couldn't find anything other than the Japanese cigarette brand. It's probably something small like a mobile or browser game.

Square Enix has filed for "MEVIUS FINAL FANTASY" trademark in Europe - NeoGAF

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
[h=1]Square Enix Files Trademark For ‘Mevius Final Fantasy’ In Europe[/h]By Nikola Suprak on October 4, 2014

Recently, Square Enix trademarked the title “Mevius Final Fantasy” in Europe. There’s little information available, outside of it being filed in English on March 10, 2014 (and its listing under the general gaming categories for goods and services).
Obviously, there are still a lot of questions that demand answers, such as “what platforms will this be for?” and “will it be any good?” and “what the hell does mevius mean anyway?” In my completely nonscientific and dangerously uninformed opinion, the answers to those questions are “I have no idea,” “probably not,” and “a brand of Japanese cigarettes.”
No, seriously. I Googled mevius to try and get some sort of idea as to what kind of game this might be and the first result was a Wikipedia page indicating that Mevius is a Japanese brand of cigarettes. And apparently, it’s an absurdly popular brand at that; the fifth most smoked brand in the entire world, to be exact.
Some predictions: The final boss in this Final Fantasy game? Emphysema. Limit breaks have been replaced by smoking breaks, and after the power bar fills up the character excuses himself to go outside while all of his coworkers complain about the smell and threaten to take up smoking just for the extra time off. The role of talking, humanized animal creature that is contractually obligated to appear in your party for all Final Fantasy games will be filled by special guest, Joe the Camel.
We hope to have some real information for you shortly. And remember kids, don’t smoke.

Square Enix Files Trademark For ‘Mevius Final Fantasy’ In Europe | Hardcore Gamer

I just did the exact same thing. Didn't expect to be alone on getting the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back