• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Metroid Franchise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
de2t3af-dc6adea7-474c-4df2-8e79-5d37b31deab0.jpg

Couldn't find a thread, so I thought it'd be best to concentrate Metroid and Prime discussion here.

METROID Dread
October 8th, 2021
Nintendo Switch

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
People keep saying there needs to be a Prime Trilogy collection but those are actually kinda the wrong games to port. AFAIK, Prime 4 is really following up on plot threads from Hunters & Federation Force, the 2 handhelds entries. Theoretically, those are the ones that oughta be remastered for players to be up to speed.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In other news:
Essentially, they offer both a permanent and temporary bonus. The first time you use each Metroid Dread amiibo, Samus gets a permanent upgrade. However, you can still use both for boosts after.

Prime 4 is really following up on plot threads from Hunters & Federation Force,
I think we might get a plot summary about those two games before they release Prime 4. But I'm willing to bet that 2022/3 is/are gonna be the year/s of Metroid. I presume at e3 2022, Nintendo is gonna announce the Prime Trilogy HD Remaster and give us a date for Prime 4.

I've never played Prime 1-3, so I have way more hype for Dread than Prime 4 lol.
Haha, same here. Though I'll take advantage of the opportunity of playing the Prime Trilogy as soon as they announce a Switch Remaster :)

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Haha, same here. Though I'll take advantage of the opportunity of playing the Prime Trilogy as soon as they announce a Switch Remaster :)
Same! I really hope they do, and that I like them. Any attention Metroid gets that can make Nintendo realize we want more is fantastic.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Some more news regarding Dread:
  • ‘It’s really about Samus encountering fear, but she actually stands against that fear and fights it and beats it’
  • MercurySteam, the makers of Metroid: Samus Returns, are behind Dread
  • Dread was intended to be a Nintendo DS title, but the specs Yoshiro Sakamoto had in mind were incompatible with the DS'
  • In the promotion for this game, Sakamoto had stated that Metroid Dread would be the conclusion to the story of Samus and the Metroids. When asked for clarification about this, he explained, “The Metroid story until this point has dealt with Samus’ strange fate that’s been intertwined around this being called the Metroid. And until now, that has been the focus of the series. But what this game represents is a bit of a pause, or kind of a new start to something else.

Xblade13

Awards
I am so ANGRY!

Scalpers. F***ing scalpers. They have ruined me getting a PS5, ruined me even trying to get an Xbox instead. Now they've ruined the ONE thing I was looking forward to this year, getting the special edition of Metroid Dread for an early birthday present for myself. I wanted that artbook and steel case so bad. I rarely get special editions.

And now you go online and they are unable to get from retailers and the only ones you can get are selling for $200+. That's insane, wrong, and needs to put a stop to once and for all. This is getting ridiculous.

The two solutions I can see are

1) Making it so people can no longer resell any product for more than the starting retail price of said product, across the board. If a game is $60, then nobody can sell it for more than $60.

2) Making it so you can't preorder games online, forcing people to go to a physical store, show they are a real human, and are limited to one or two copies each.

I just am so mad and upset and want to do horrible things to these "people".

LostArtist

Awards
I’ve played all the 2d metroid games (minus the original Metroid 2) and like part of other M, lol rip never finished that. But never played the Prime games so If they do come out with prime games remaster I’m buying.

Also maybe unpopular opinion, but Super Metroid didn’t age well. The controls are wonky af. When I played it for the first time last year I had to modify the controls through the settings (via switch online). Also after beating mother brain/saving at the last save point, the game doesn’t let you go back, it’s freaking mind boggling that they did this.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
currently so hyped for metroid dread that it hurts. i may or may not have sunk mad money into buying a sealed copy of fusion in my hype frenzy.

D

Deleted member 263385

I've got prime 3 but i hadn't got the other games yet.

Xblade13

Awards
I got Metroid Dread and am playing through it carefully.

So far it's amazing! I'm really digging that the map is so interconnected (compared to the linear nature of Samus Returns), it is more like Super Metroid in that regard. The controls are very nice though they take a little getting used to. Luckily rebinding is also available on the Switch natively.

Oh, and it's hard. These are some the most epic bosses I've seen in a long time, and they are tough!

The E.M.M.I.s are also terrifying to me. Going to have nightmares of the chitter noise they make lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I got Metroid Dread and am playing through it carefully.

So far it's amazing! I'm really digging that the map is so interconnected (compared to the linear nature of Samus Returns), it is more like Super Metroid in that regard. The controls are very nice though they take a little getting used to. Luckily rebinding is also available on the Switch natively.

Oh, and it's hard. These are some the most epic bosses I've seen in a long time, and they are tough!

The E.M.M.I.s are also terrifying to me. Going to have nightmares of the chitter noise they make lol.
Dread doesn't mess around. I definitely had to hunt from time to time for the next path forward and even minor enemies are more aggressive and take more hits to kill than before.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I've personally never been a fan of pretty much any FPS (except DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal), so Metroid Prime had nothing much to offer me. Metroid Dread -I found- had a few flaws in it for it to break my top 3 Metroid games (Fusion, Zero Mission, and Samus Returns). I found the power-ups were either too far and in-between, or so close together that it didn't really offer any sort of feeling of reward. I also thought that the EMMIs weren't as terrifying as they could be. If they were like SA-X, like just casually walking around a site you needed to get past, but they were a chasing obstacle, I thin they would've been much more Dreadful. The fact that they were secluded to such small areas kinda took the fear out of the game.

D

Deleted member 263385

oh i am so planning on getting dread on the switch

Back