• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Metal Gear Solid Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
If anyone here has played Metal Gear Solid 1, MGS 2, or MGS 3, then please tell me why you liked them or didn't like them.

I like the MGS series because of the clear story line and the action. I also like the mysteries that Hideo Kojima placed in the story line.

H

Hellpark

I think its the best series of like evr. I mean in its genre. Best ever is like Grand Tursimo series. IMO

Anyways its good cuz it is realistic and has many real life details. Cya

Ryu

an obscene gesture
It simply kicks ass, what can I say. Although lots of stupid people say they find the story in MGS2 (especially #2) vague, I thought it wasn't too hard to follow. It just requires some actual thinking. It was the first game in years, next to FFX, that actually grabbed me and played with my mind. When you're so in the game, including the lack of sleep, and you finally reach that point where Raiden was captured and freed by Olga, it seriously plays with your mind. All the messages you get, no weapons, you can't even use your fists, etc, really messes with your head.
Anyway, MGS3 just came out where I lived, so I'll have to buy that one soon.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I've never played the games much(because they're too hard!) but I watch my brother play. I was too confused about the ending of MGS2, thinking "if all twelve/thirteen of those people are dead, then who or what really runs everything?!" Anyway, I'm thinking about getting my brother MGS3 for his birthday in August. By then, it should be really cheap.

H

Hellpark

My favorite is MGS3. Best game yet IMO. I dont like metal Gear Ac!d. Crappy game.

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
I suck at playing it but I was watching my brother play Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater(that's the third I think) and I think I just might steal into his room and play it while he studies for APs. For some bizarre reason, The Boss reminds me of Larxene with the hairdo...

jusmel

MGS is such an amazing game. I had so much fun and i like the story in MGS3 and its one of my fav game. Just completed the game a week ago ^_^ The Boss was hard tho.. Wanted to get the cammo. XD

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
The only visible flaws within the Metal Gear series are Raiden and Metal Gear Solid 2. For the rest, it's a darn good game series. The patriots still remain a mistery though.

Irae

I luv it because if you put it on extreme mode in 3 and try to beat it in under 5 hours...it will be...very....very....HARD!!!

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
Irae said:
I luv it because if you put it on extreme mode in 3 and try to beat it in under 5 hours...it will be...very....very....HARD!!!

I could never hope to beat MGS3 in extreme mode in under 5 hours. I beat extreme mode in around 33 hours, and that was with all of the special cameoflages.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Dragonfly said:
The only visible flaws within the Metal Gear series are Raiden and Metal Gear Solid 2. For the rest, it's a darn good game series. The patriots still remain a mistery though.

What do you mean Raiden?! Raiden wasn't as cool as Snake, but he's fine.:cool: Oh yeah, I enjoyed looking at the naked Raiden. Yeah, I didn't like Raiden as much as Snake though.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
well, i'll say it's definitely the best sneaking game i've ever played, and the gameplay and graphics/sound were awesome. but, i'd have to disagree with u on the storyline part-- it confused me a LOT.

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
billabong13 said:
well, i'll say it's definitely the best sneaking game i've ever played, and the gameplay and graphics/sound were awesome. but, i'd have to disagree with u on the storyline part-- it confused me a LOT.

Well, some people get the storyline more than others.

HSPNO300

i loved msg 3 that was the greatest yaeh the whole series is great though part 1 is prob righht up therre with 3 anyone else find extreme mode really hard to even sneak in msg 3

Naked Snake

Website
www.s11.invisionfree.com
I like all of the MGS games I've played on the PS(2). The things I dislike:

MGS1:

Peeking can't be done.
Aiming and moving is hard unless you can be bothered to change the controls.
Can't hold up people or lower your gun without firing.

MGS2:

Raiden is a Twat.
You only play 10% with Snake.
Arsenal Gear Sucks.

MGS3:

Animal Camoflague works better than Tiger Stripe in mud. That's just not true.
Procceeding is still a pain. You can't peek and then follow through and around.
Getting DPM, Banana, Green Face Paint, AusCam, Brown Face Paint, Desert Tiger, Infinity Face Paint and Stealth is a real pain.

But I love MGS3. Simply the best. The first sneaking game EVER. I think...

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
Naked Snake said:
I like all of the MGS games I've played on the PS(2). The things I dislike:

MGS1:

Peeking can't be done.
Aiming and moving is hard unless you can be bothered to change the controls.
Can't hold up people or lower your gun without firing.

MGS2:

Raiden is a Twat.
You only play 10% with Snake.
Arsenal Gear Sucks.

MGS3:

Animal Camoflague works better than Tiger Stripe in mud. That's just not true.
Procceeding is still a pain. You can't peek and then follow through and around.
Getting DPM, Banana, Green Face Paint, AusCam, Brown Face Paint, Desert Tiger, Infinity Face Paint and Stealth is a real pain.

But I love MGS3. Simply the best. The first sneaking game EVER. I think...

How do you get all of those extra items you mentioned on MGS3.

Neverfate

Metal Gear Solid 2 killed the series. I can only play Metal Gear Solid 1 for the PS1. I didn't even bother with 3 after playing the demo. I was way to lazy to deal with it.

Cloud302

In my room playing PS2 (hopefully soon to be PS3)
I love the MGS series too. I just think it's really fun. The story is really interesting, and well done. And the boss battles are always interesting. But the greatest thing about the newest, 3, was just how well it wove into the already existing MGS stories. And it was so much longer, and more fun than the previous MGS games. It was simply a masterpiece.

~*Atreyu*~

The MGS series has got to be the best series out there, you have secret missions, guns, bombs, disguises, what more oculd you want?!?!

I read that the person who created the series MGS might sell his rights to some person, who I think plans to make a Movie of MGS. I might have my info wrong or mixed up,, correct me if you want. But I heard the moive might follow the story lines of the series, or it might be a whole new completly different setting, plot, and theme, like not at all related to Snake, Raiden, Solid Snake, and so on.

I do enjoy MGS 3 the most, its graphics are amazing, made me think it was all real for a time being!

Metal gear solid 2 is alrigh, i seem to not get pass the last part where Solidius steals your beathe away (The second time right after the few metal gears) and well, its hard >>

Never really played the first one, tho I do want to, is MGS and MGS Twin Snakes the same? or just different ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back