• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Metal Gear Solid 4 Delayed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
This just in guys!!! :eek:hmy:

News from IGN...

Snake won't slither onto PlayStation 3 until Q2 2008.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, October 31, 2007 - Bad news, Snake fans. Solid's first PlayStation 3 outing -- which was originally scheduled to hit consoles worldwide this winter and later slated to appear in March 2008 -- has slipped, with Konami announcing that game-hungry PS3 fans (which, let's face it, is all of us) won't get to try out the Octocamo in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots until Q2 2008. For those of you who are quarterly-challenged, that translates to between April and June of next year.

A statement from the publisher said simply: "Konami has decided to delay the title's release in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide. Konami will continue its efforts to make Metal Gear Solid 4 meet everyone's expectations."

Konami also promised to announce more information about the new release date in the near future.

WHY GOD WHY!!!

Abel

Good shit. I love when games get delayed.

S

Shadow Soldier

Why am I not surprised? Only the best for the PlayStation 3!

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
well atleast its going to make it easier on me, too many good games to buy on many platforms lately

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
If they give us a demo I won't give a damn when the game comes out. There are too many games anyway, so this gives us more time to finish others as well as for KP to perfect MGS4.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
If you didn't see this coming you need to be slap, lol..

Better a deleyed game then a buggy game..
exactly. I mean it was quite obvious this was not going to be ready be ready by March.
goddamn, how many games are left for the ps3 holiday launch?
this game was never set for holiday launch so whatever games were set are still there i guess. I really careless about the holidays cause the game i want comes out in a few more weeks.

(?Cmurder?)

Well this delay doesent really help out the PS3 much

though yes a working game is better than a defective the PS3 doesent have much good games.

MGS4 is one of the games that actually may PS3 become a great system but now its being put down for the low number of good games it has, DMC4 could have helped tons, but it is going to Xbox 360

So that kinda screwed the PS3 a little

well my opinion

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
MGS4's gonna be a great game, however I don't think it will end up "saving" the PS3, like many people claim it will.

In order to save a dying system, you need a game that can continue to rake in sales for years after it's release. MGS games always help boost sales for whatever system they're on, but they just don't last long enough to be a "console savior".

The only way MGS4 can absolutely save the PS3 is if they can significantly improve MGS's multiplayer since MGS3. The reason MGS3's online servers eventually got shut down was because after a short while, the servers became almost empty. Nobody wanted to play it anymore.

MGS games may always have great single player modes, but single player will not keep a console afloat forever, no matter how amazing the game is.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Why does everyone think the PS3 is in need of immediate saving? I mean the PS3 still has some major titles that are to be released before and after MGS4's release. I think its good that Konami is working extra hard to prepare one of the most anticipated titles for the PS3 to sure completion. Also if MGS4 arrives sometime around April to May, than I could get the game for my birth day.lol

Alpha_Sonix

The PS3 dosen't need saving. It's in second place in Japan and Europe right now. Well actually fourth if you count the handhelds, but I thought it was coming out in 2008 already.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
The PS3 dosen't need saving. It's in second place in Japan and Europe right now. Well actually fourth if you count the handhelds, but I thought it was coming out in 2008 already.
The PS3 does need saving..

Its maybe in 2nd place in Japan but its not doing that great there either. It's not in 2nd place in EU either..

The sells numbers for 360 is bad in Japan but the PS3 sells should be alot better..

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
The PS3 does need saving..

Its maybe in 2nd place in Japan but its not doing that great there either. It's not in 2nd place in EU either..

The sells numbers for 360 is bad in Japan but the PS3 sells should be alot better..

actually the ps3 is doing exactly how the 360 did at the same time in its life cycle so not a fair comparison and a fact alot of people chose to ignore
hardwarco.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back