• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message from the KINGDOM - Release date for Re:Coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pianoajd2

Exactly how wide was Coded's release in Japan? As in, how many phones had the ability to play that game? this may be the reason they're rereleasing it on a console owned by millions...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Exactly how wide was Coded's release in Japan? As in, how many phones had the ability to play that game? this may be the reason they're rereleasing it on a console owned by millions...

Only Docomo Prime Series P-01A mobile phones were able to play coded, so not many people got a chance anyway.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I honestly dont care if japan gets it too... i bet a bunch of ppl in Japan didnt get to play coded either. :/

Only Docomo Prime Series P-01A mobile phones were able to play coded, so not many people got a chance anyway.

So yeah, not a lot of people got to play coded.

Pianoajd2

Hence why they're re-releasing the game. While it is frustrating that they get it twice while we haven't gotten it yet, there's still logic behind their choice.

Sempied

Wasn't RE:Coded an original to the NA/EU fans? Yes I can somewhat understand why they'd do this, but it still just give me an ugh expression in the end of it all.

Knowing how sluggish the Osaka team was with BBS release here, I'd expect a RE:Coded release in a very very hopeful early summer.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't think we'll have to wait too long for Re:coded. I mean, they've already done voice recording.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
They never said it was only for NA. And the fact that it has hints for KH3D in it, it only makes sense for it to be released everywhere. and story wise, coded cant be released before BBS anyway.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They never said it was only for NA. And the fact that it has hints for KH3D in it, it only makes sense for it to be released everywhere. and story wise, coded cant be released before BBS anyway.

Nomura said "We wanted to do something special for the western regions" meaning Re:Coded since we didn't get original Coded. So they didn't literally flat out say it was for NA only but if this was supposed to be that something "special for the western regions" then they lied because they're giving it to Japan too and therefore it isn't special.

Sempied

You do realize BBS covers almost the exact material Coded so called gave us? The only substantial thing worthy of it is the info in it on 3DS, and even still that doesn't contradict having it earlier than BBS at all. :|

I almost regret saying this: Even if japan didn't have as much people play it, the NA/EU fans have yet to play ANY of it. Now not only will they get our little present exlusively for us before us, but also Japan gets not one time to play it, but two while we get none as we were said to have it first.

Shadow Key

Ya know, everyone's talking about how KH3 and 3DS would be released sometime between 2011-2015.

If 2012 is true, I would be POed. But, we all know what will happen in 2012!

[video=youtube;9bgBT-HFWKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bgBT-HFWKQ[/video]

Fabala011

I don't mind Japan getting the game before we do, considering that happens all the time anyway. However, an international release seems likely, considering it wouldn't be smart for Square Enix to release the game after the holidays. That, and there's also the fact that the only gameplay screen I've seen of the game was in English, not to mention that the VA for Jiminy Cricket seemed to know about this a while back. I seem to remember that during the rush to confirm voices for BbS, someone sent him a message asking if he would be voicing Jiminy in the "next Kingdom Hearts game." He said he would. Then, later, he said he "didn't know there was another Kingdom Hearts game..." Riiiight, Mr. Cricket, suuure you didn't.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura said "We wanted to do something special for the western regions" meaning Re:Coded since we didn't get original Coded. So they didn't literally flat out say it was for NA only but if this was supposed to be that something "special for the western regions" then they lied because they're giving it to Japan too and therefore it isn't special.
he said it was something that came about for the western regions so they could play it. them also releasing it in japan just makes sense. he never said it was only for na so just get over it all ready.

You do realize BBS covers almost the exact material Coded so called gave us? The only substantial thing worthy of it is the info in it on 3DS, and even still that doesn't contradict having it earlier than BBS at all. :|
i completely disagree.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm guessing there will be an international release for Re:Coded, espicialy considering the gameplay screen we have shows the game in english, thus showing the english version is already deep into it's development, so i'm expecting Re:Coded for Fall 2010 for America or Winter 2010 for America.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm fine with it now, after a couple hours of complaining.
Barely anyone in Japan even played Coded. It was only available on one type of phone in the whole country. And with factoring in the hundreds of types of phones available, the amount of people into phone gaming, and the amount of people who buy games for their phone... I bet only a couple thousand copies were sold. Did a google search to find how well it sold, but didn't find anything. To most KH fans in the whole world, Re:coded will be like the first real release that everyone will be able to buy.

Plus, imagine if we only got it. NExt year there would be Re:codedFM! Or maybe a Re:Re:Coded for PS3! That would suck! jk. Those things would probably never happen/

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I am thinking a worldwide release. It seems voice acting is done. But due to limited exposure at E3 I say S-E doesn't really care about the game and will just release it ramdomly in the Fall before,during, or after BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back