• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Message from the Director - Future of the Main Story & Unchained Updates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura left a message for the fans to celebrate the Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. In this message, he talks about how they have prepared over 200 main quests, of which more will be added each month. The story of Unchained X as well as its PC counterpart, Kingdom Hearts X[chi], will eventually overlap, allowing the players to discover the truth about the legendary Keyblade War.

He also introduces the new characters, such as the Foretellers, Chirithy and Ephemera, and hints that they may become a part of the main storyline of the Kingdom Hearts series. 

You can read the full translations below, thanks to Zephyr.

- Message from the Director -

Finally a new KINGDOM HEARTS has begun.

There were countless occasions where the "Keyblade War" was mentioned. Moreover, the story can already be attained through the PC Browser service, KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi], and with KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, players can personally become Keyblade wielders and experience in the KINGDOM HEARTS universe.

First of all, in order to grow as Keyblade wielders, we have prepared over 200 main quests. Since main quests will be added every month, continuing to clear them will bring you closer to the truth of the "Keyblade War”. Preceded by KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi], in this month’s story, you will be greeted with an expansion. But in KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, while you are welcome to progress in either expansion, there is a time where two of the games for χ overlaps and I believe will bring you closer to the truth.

So, the Foretellers, Chirithy, and Ephemera, they are new characters who progress in the world of χ. They are the future and may become what exists in the main storyline of the KINGDOM HEARTS series. And I think that is why experiencing the world of χ will be enjoyable.

In the future, you can enjoy a variety of KINGDOM HEARTS stuff in the game and because it’s planning to add a variety of content, we hope to continue the long journey together.

It should be noted that, the people managing the official Twitter will have announcements about management from time to time with up-to-date information. While we do not correspond to questions, it is recommended that you follow it. It’s possible slightly informal contents may appear rarely.

KINGDOM HEARTS series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
over 200 main quest boy that a lot of stuff i guess this will keep us busy until kh 3 comes out

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
'sigh' never had to dig through twitter for KH answers before...

Well, we'll be posting anything remotely important here on the forums regardless so you don't have to if you don't want to.

but you should totally follow them anyways for support :3

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Over 2000 main quests. Whoa, that sounds like a lot of interesting things are waiting for us in the future of X. I wonder what Nomura means that the stories of these two titles will overlap? And the truth about the Keyblade War.... hnnggg, Nomura I need to know now. :(
Also looking at this message, it feels that KHIII will be little more enjoyable if you have kept up with the story stuff of X.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Over 2000 main quests. Whoa, that sounds like a lot of interesting things are waiting for us in the future of X. I wonder what Nomura means that the stories of these two titles will overlap? And the truth about the Keyblade War.... hnnggg, Nomura I need to know now. :(
Also looking at this message, it feels that KHIII will be little more enjoyable if you have kept up with the story stuff of X.

It'll be easier to catch up as well, since almost everyone has a smartphone nowadays (objectively speaking)

HugoDipper

200 Quests! This is a lot! Seens like Pokemon Shuffle and Kingdom Hearts Unchained will drain all the battery from my phone :p

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I can see people trying to use the amount of quests as a mean to calculate the time to KHÌII release date. If they know the precise amount of main quests, and if the amount that is added every month is always the same, I guess you could try calculate something. Not sure if I am that desperate thou. :D

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ooh, an actual reason for me to bring my phone everywhere I go. I'm holding out for an English release date... that'd be nice. I'd like to avoid even more continuity lockout, especially since it seems like Chi and Unchained are going to be important to the overall story.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'm also holding out on a English version (Not that I mind japanese people thanks to FFXI, but I do mind not being able to read it.).

Since I had a feeling this was going to be important, I've been keeping up with story translations. Hopefully I won't have to for much longer!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The fact that I wouldn't be able to read or understand a single thing in the game would drive me up a wall, I'm not gonna lie. They haven't confirmed or hinted at a possible English release yet, have they?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The fact that I wouldn't be able to read or understand a single thing in the game would drive me up a wall, I'm not gonna lie. They haven't confirmed or hinted at a possible English release yet, have they?

Besides what we got at E3, they've been silent. The English localizers are credited in the Japanese app, though, so it's coming at some point.

kinxsonic

Why I have this feeling that they'll wait until the story is finished then they will translate it...hope not though.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I guess the current quests aren't included in the 200 main quests or not? I've lost the the overview since we started the main story with Daybreak Town.
- 1-1 - 3-8: Dwarf Woodlands
- 1-1 - 4-3: Wonderland
- 1-1 - 3-1: Agrabah
- 5-1 - 5-16: Daybreak Town & Olympus Coliseum
- 6-1 - 7-6: Dwarf Woodlands (finished?)
- 8-1 - 10-2: Olympus Coliseum (finished?)
- 11-1 - 13-4: Daybreak Town (Ephemera's story)
- 14-1 - 17-4: Wonderland (finished?)
- 14-1 - 14-3: Daybreak Town again (shouldn't this be 18 now?)

But if you counted correctly that's 35 quest phases (e.g. 14-1, 14-2 & 14-3) for Dwarf Woodlands, 40 for Wonderland, 22 for Agrabah, 26 for Olympus Coliseum and 18 for Daybreak Town (excluding the tutorial and the 1st Anniversary) that already adds up to 141. If you just count the main quests (e.g. 14, 15 & 16) it's just 25.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why I have this feeling that they'll wait until the story is finished then they will translate it...hope not though.

Uh, were not going to be waiting for 200 story updates for UX to come to the west. The game was announced for a western release at E3 which was only two months and some weeks ago, so it'll be coming much sooner rather than later.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if i had to gues maybe at the end of october or mid to late september

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Also, I'd like to remind people, Square has done translations "on the fly" for their MMOs before; FFXI and FFXIV, and those turned out pretty well, translation wise.

I'm expecting it in a month, two tops, and they do translations like their mmos. ^^ The delay may be getting up separate servers for the NA folks, since the Japanese have sorta lost their taste for having combined servers since FFXI. And Square knows it..

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I can see people trying to use the amount of quests as a mean to calculate the time to KHÌII release date. If they know the precise amount of main quests, and if the amount that is added every month is always the same, I guess you could try calculate something. Not sure if I am that desperate thou. :D
Doubtful. From a fuller translation by goldpanner:

-About Future Updates-
[About New Main Quests]
Regarding main quests, we plan to add 50 stages each month until around Jan 2016.

I don't think KH3 is coming out early 2016 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back