• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message from Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Whaetever. 12 days is nothing, we had much worse gaps

We've had worse, but damn, we've also had better. I know the game was only scheduled for "Worldwide Release: December" which could also have meant December 10 (JP) and December 22 (Overseas) (although I don't believe that) but why the difference at all? How am I gonna walk around on the internet during that gap ;_;

SORA619

Awards
I mean it's almost two weeks and they could do a simulate release like FFXV. Hope I don't jump into any big spoilers.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
We've had worse, but damn, we've also had better. I know the game was only scheduled for "Worldwide Release: December" which could also have meant December 10 (JP) and December 22 (Overseas) (although I don't believe that) but why the difference at all? How am I gonna walk around on the internet during that gap ;_;

When has Kingdom Hearts had a shorter gap between releases. Nomura even said months ago that when it was December there was still going to be a gap between Japan and the rest of the world.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just hope there won't be cowards on this forum going creating Threads like
"OMG TERRA BOSS FIGHT IN .2 :OOOO"

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm sure they have their reasons, and it could definitely be worse than 12 days but... it does still kind of suck. I'm not too upset because everything looks so amazing that I'm just glad we're getting the game, but it is going to be tough waiting and avoiding spoilers when the time is actually here. More than anything else though this makes me worried about KH3. If there's going to be a gap between releases then too, that's when the spoiler danger for major plot points is going to be very real.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
When has Kingdom Hearts had a shorter gap between releases. Nomura even said months ago that when it was December there was still going to be a gap between Japan and the rest of the world.

I was talking about releases overall, not explicitely Kingdom Hearts or Square Enix. Just saying that it should've been possible.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Well the reason they scheduled the release in January instead of December could be so that they have a year extra for Kingdom Hearts 3. Because of that 1 thing a game year thing Nomura wants to uphold. Had they released it this December he would have to release KH3 by December 2017. Now he has time until December 2018 without breaking his goal. Atleast, that's why I think, there is also the FFXV everyone is talking about.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well the reason they scheduled the release in January instead of December could be so that they have a year extra for Kingdom Hearts 3. Because of that 1 thing a game year thing Nomura wants to uphold. Had they released it this December he would have to release KH3 by December 2017. Now he has time until December 2018 without breaking his goal. Atleast, that's why I think, there is also the FFXV everyone is talking about.

But uh...that only makes sense if you take Unchained X into account and even then, nothing "released" in Japan regarding the KH series in 2016 then, right?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
But uh...that only makes sense if you take Unchained X into account and even then, nothing "released" in Japan regarding the KH series in 2016 then, right?
I actually took Unchained X into account. Saw some other older discussions about it. Some people do it worldwide, some only from Japan. And if I remember correctly he only missed 1 year with the worldwide count. For the rest he really tried to keep it up. And that's why I called it a goal instead of a record, since he already failed it, but he still tries really hard to uphold it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I actually took Unchained X into account. Saw some other older discussions about it. Some people do it worldwide, some only from Japan. And if I remember correctly he only missed 1 year with the worldwide count. For the rest he really tried to keep it up. And that's why I called it a goal instead of a record, since he already failed it, but he still tries really hard to uphold it.

He tries, but I don't see that as a reason at all as to why they'd delay 2.8 and get the players mad. Besides, if the "secret" thing he's still keeping from us is 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, then he'd still have a 2017 release even if 2.8 released this year.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
He tries, but I don't see that as a reason at all as to why they'd delay 2.8 and get the players mad. Besides, if the "secret" thing he's still keeping from us is 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, then he'd still have a 2017 release even if 2.8 released this year.
Well following the logic I just gave, it would give him a whole year extra. That seems like a pretty good reason. And it's only 12 days.
True, but we don't know if that is his secret thing (not that I would mind). So for now this looks like the most logical explanation to me. But yeah, if it turns out to be a whole recollection, then I have no idea either. Probably that FFXV thing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back