• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message from Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
They delayed all of his projects for Versus, they delayed Versus for everything else, they gave him the boot and now XV is pushing his projects even further down the line. Must feel nice. :(

I knew if I waited enough hours after all the glorious 2.8 news, I'd find a post that made me sad. Poor Nomura-senpai </3 Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

pennyjpie

The footage already looks way better than the last trailer, so I'm fine with it being a couple weeks late. I just want it to be complete, and it looks like that's what they're doing!

But, does this mean we're not going to get that special KH informational until January now? Either way,2017 is gonna be such a good year, oh my gosh I'm so ready!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
But, does this mean we're not going to get that special KH informational until January now? Either way,2017 is gonna be such a good year, oh my gosh I'm so ready!
no a delay cna stop a peron about the next game i mean we dont even what the news going be in december anyway it could they going to reveal kairi and riku supose outfits

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
no a delay cna stop a peron about the next game i mean we dont even what the new going in decmber anyway it oculd they going to revel kair and riku supose outfits

Yeah, they should do that. As well as reveal the Foretellers without their masks! Seriously, are we ever going to see them without hoods or masks?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It was pretty nice from Nomura that he choose this method of directly talking to the fans.

With the development deadline approaching we are currently busy with last-minute work on 2.8, but for the first time in history our box art was actually ready before the release date announcement. I think I'll let the awesomeness of this miraculous planning speak for how well things are going.

Good to know things are going this smoothly!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Poor Nomura. He was all ready for a Christmas release for KH too. I really appreciate this kind of message from him, and his initiative to speak about the delay without an interview. The transparency is really positive imo. <3

Yeah, they should do that. As well as reveal the Foretellers without their masks! Seriously, are we ever going to see them without hoods or masks?
Invi has her scarf away from her mouth in the shorter trailer so it's possible we could see them in Back Cover.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Darn, sad enough Nomura had to go on Twitter to tell everyone the delay. :(

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Invi better not look like a Aqua replica!

tumblr_inline_nqhg4c0pf41r9aung_500.gif

If Invi, as well as any of the other Foretellers, don't look like familiar characters then I am gonna be hella surprised/slightly underwhelmed.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As Xehanort would put it, guess II.8 was fated to be delayed, since the series' anniversary is on March, and January is the closest.

Haha, but in all seriousness, I appreciate when video game directors take their time to personally address a matter.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Invi better not look like a Aqua replica!
I have to agree with this, it gets old seeing the same face spread across multiple characters. I'd rather that all of the Foretellers be completely original characters, it makes no sense that they should be forcibly tied to pre-existing characters.

Ixza Reprisae

Seeing as how March will be the 15th anniversary month in Japan, a Kingdom Hearts III release date reveal to coincide with the concert seems very likely.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I think people are too cautious with their predictions of how far they think the game is into development. Osaka has proven their efficiency and competence time and again and I think it is time we give them more credit in regards to Kingdom Hearts III's development.

Lest we ignore the fact that Nomura has wanted to share information about it for months on end now; pretty much his sentiment every time we've heard from him in the last year, so the idea that "it's not far along in development" is highly illogical at this point considering how excited and anxious he has been to actually tell or show us what has been done in regards to the title.

If he's that excited about it, then clearly there's something to be said about how well things are progressing.

I get that people are miffed by Versus XIII— now Final Fantasy XV —taking as long as it has, but the Osaka team had nothing to do with that, and projecting XV's situation andcircumstances onto Kingdom Hearts III and other SE titles is simply unfair to Square Enix as a whole, let alone Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts team.

Just my thoughts on the matter, take it or leave it, but I think anyone who is convinced that Kingdom Hearts III is a couple years out is going to wind up being completely wrong come the mid of next year.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Seeing as how March will be the 15th anniversary month in Japan, a Kingdom Hearts III release date reveal to coincide with the concert seems very likely.
I concur, though I disagree on the very likely part. I'd say likely, haha.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I think people are too cautious with their predictions of how far they think the game is into development. Osaka has proven their efficiency and competence time and again and I think it is time we give them more credit in regards to Kingdom Hearts III's development.

Lest we ignore the fact that Nomura has wanted to share information about it for months on end now; pretty much his sentiment every time we've heard from him in the last year, so the idea that "it's not far along in development" is highly illogical at this point considering how excited and anxious he has been to actually tell or show us what has been done in regards to the title.

If he's that excited about it, then clearly there's something to be said about how well things are progressing.

I get that people are miffed by Versus XIII— now Final Fantasy XV —taking as long as it has, but the Osaka team had nothing to do with that, and projecting XV's situation andcircumstances onto Kingdom Hearts III and other SE titles is simply unfair to Square Enix as a whole, let alone Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts team.

Just my thoughts on the matter, take it or leave it, but I think anyone who is convinced that Kingdom Hearts III is a couple years out is going to wind up being completely wrong come the mid of next year.
FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII/XV and KINGDOM HEARTS III are two veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery different projects. One suffered through Development Hell because its development team was constantly being shifted back and forth from FFvXIII to FINAL FANTASY XIII and its Trilogy.

KHIII, meanwhile, has somewhat had a consistent work put on it.

Ixza Reprisae

I concur, though I disagree on the very likely part. I'd say likely, haha.
Fair enough, I'd say. The addition of very was a little superfluous, I'll admit.

FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII/XV and KINGDOM HEARTS III are two veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery different projects. One suffered through Development Hell because its development team was constantly being shifted back and forth from FFvXIII to FINAL FANTASY XIII and its Trilogy.

KHIII, meanwhile, has somewhat had a consistent work put on it.
This is exactly my point. I've spoken to many who are convinced that XV is the standard for development times for Square Enix's projects, when it most certainly isn't. I just don't understand that line of thought, personally.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Fair enough, I'd say. The addition of very was a little superfluous, I'll admit.

This is exactly my point. I've spoken to many who are convinced that XV is the standard for development times for Square Enix's projects, when it most certainly isn't. I just don't understand that line of thought, personally.

xP

Ehh, I think it has more to do with the fact that many of us practically grew alongside FFvXIII's development and shift into XV. The project has been in work for a decade now.

Ixza Reprisae

xP

Ehh, I think it has more to do with the fact that many of us practically grew alongside FFvXIII's development and shift into XV. The project has been in work for a decade now.
See, I was one of those who didn't care for the project until it became a main series title, now that it's XV I have actually been following it. So for me, I see it and have seen it as a completely separate project from what it was before... That may be why I am more optimistic in regards to KHIII's development, heh.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
See, I was one of those who didn't care for the project until it became a main series title, now that it's XV I have actually been following it. So for me, I see it and have seen it as a completely separate project from what it was before... That may be why I am more optimistic in regards to KHIII's development, heh.

Pretty much, yeah. The series has seen a stable development phase for its games (minus KHII which suffered from rush).

Ixza Reprisae

Pretty much, yeah. The series has seen a stable development phase for its games (minus KHII which suffered from rush).
I'd argue that 3D was a bit of a rush job as well, but that's likely just my general disdain toward 3DS titles speaking. I honestly dislike Dream Drop Distance an unfair measure, so I'm extremely biased against it.

Though there's something to be said there, that development for this series has almost always been stable; save for the switch from Luminous to Unreal for KHIII but we don't have details on that other than it was rocky as first so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back