• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message from Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

To accompany the KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer and box art that was released this evening, series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura took to Twitter to write a heartfelt message to fans. Thanks to Goldpanner, you can read what he had to say.

Usually when new information is released I speak about it in interviews with the media etc., but this time the opportunity didn't line up, so I'm going to speak to you directly through Twitter.

First, I must apologise. As was stated today, due to the adjustment of contiguous titles, our estimated release date for KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 of December 2016 has become (for Japan) the 12th January 2017. To everyone who was looking forward to a release before the end of the year, I'm so sorry. Please rest assured that development itself is moving along as planned without a single issue and we are nearly finished.

There will again be two kinds of demo booths at TGS, 0.2 and DDD. The number of DDD booths in particular will be quite low, so if you have your heart set on experiencing KH at 60fps, please leave plenty of time to come to the booths. The smoothness and feel of the controls of DDD in actual motion is very fresh. Also, the 0.2 demo booths are the same style as the ones that were out at E3 this year. That means the style is already different compared to the style in the trailer we just released. The final commercial version is currently undergoing even more quality upping, but I think you can get a pretty good taste of the controls themselves from the demo. Please take this chance to get a feel of the first KH game produced for PS4.

In the trailer released at the same time as this message, I included some rather interesting scenes, as this won't be the last trailer, and it's designed to make you look forward to what's coming next. Best of all, the Hikaru Utada's Hikari -Ray of Hope Mix- included in the trailer was remixed ESPECIALLY FOR the opening of 0.2. Please look forward to getting to hear this new version of Hikari along with the opening movie. 

With the development deadline approaching we are currently busy with last-minute work on 2.8, but for the first time in history our box art was actually ready before the release date announcement. I think I'll let the awesomeness of this miraculous planning speak for how well things are going. By the way, it will of course be compatible with the PS4Pro, so be excited. Furthermore, the other game we are working on while doing this, KH3, is coming along steadily. There are new worlds in which you can run, jump, [spoilers], [spoilers]... I'm very excited about moving Sora around in the wider space with his higher range of maneuverability. Next year is the 15th year anniversary, and first there's the release of 2.8, then that same month Unchained χ gains multiplayer functionality, and in March the full orchestra world tour (reservations for which opened today) begins, and actually, there's something else being planned for around then that I can't announce yet… One way or another, I think next year will be full of chances for me to announce new information, and I will be blessed to have reached fifteen memory-filled years with all of you. 

Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura
[/parsehtml][/spoilers]

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
thank you goldplanner this make me so happy what being planned for the annervsity

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It's a good time to be a KH fan for sure. Next year is going to be amazing with the concert, 2.8 and more KH3 news. All this stuff has really made my day, if not week! I'm glad everything is going well and Nomura is pleased with both 2.8 and KH3.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Very well said by Nomura. I'm not super happy with the release date, but the actual time the game was delayed isn't too long. That box art is stunning. It might be my favorite in the series.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thanks for translating!

Aww, Nomura. I don't even care about the delay <3

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It's a good time to be a KH fan for sure. Next year is going to be amazing with the concert, 2.8 and more KH3 news. All this stuff has really made my day, if not week! I'm glad everything is going well and Nomura is pleased with both 2.8 and KH3.
rember we have the kh3 news this winter as well unless that was pushed so really the kh3 stuff will get a good start this decmebr then keep rolling on to next year

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
So there's something else getting announced around March of next year huh? Interesting. Well, I look forward to whatever that may be. In the mean time, this was a great message and I appreciate how he just came out on Twitter and told us what's up directly. Thank you, Papa Nomura. Now if I could just get someone to locate a super high quality upload of the new box art without the logo, PS4 banner, or any overlaying text, that'd be perfect, but I'm assuming it'll take some time before that happens.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So there's something else getting announced around March of next year huh? Interesting. Well, I look forward to whatever that may be. In the mean time, this was a great message and I appreciate how he just came out on Twitter and told us what's up directly. Thank you, Papa Nomura. Now if I could just get someone to locate a super high quality upload of the new box art without the logo, PS4 banner, or any overlaying text, that'd be perfect, but I'm assuming it'll take some time before that happens.
if anything the march thing would be for japan since this message was for japan fans

Nicki6082

I'm so excited I can't wait to see what's to come!!! The box art is freaking spectacular!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if i had to guess the fina ltrailer will be at jump festa along the kh3 news

reimeille

I don't want to feel excited about that "something else" because it might be Japan only and then my feelings will be hurt even worse :v

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
there's something else being planned for around then that I can't announce yet
Kingdom Hearts 2.9 confirmed.

In all seriousness though, it's very nice of him to sent us a message. But he said everything was going on schedule, so is the reason that it got delayed really because of the Last Guardian and FFXV?
Now if I could just get someone to locate a super high quality upload of the new box art without the logo, PS4 banner, or any overlaying text, that'd be perfect, but I'm assuming it'll take some time before that happens.
Ditto that. I need it as my new laptop background.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
March announcement (exactly 15 years after the original's release) of an Anniversary HD collection for the PS4

Release the kraken Nomura!!!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's not that long of a delay and it gives me the chance to buy some extra stuff this month instead of beginning to save money for FF XV and KH 2.8.
I wonder what other thing they're going to announce next year. Also: Will we still get KH3 news in december? Because I kinda think they'll wait until 2.8 is released.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
March announcement (exactly 15 years after the original's release) of an Anniversary HD collection for the PS4

maybe i still that will come after kingdom hearts 3

I wonder what other thing they're going to announce next year. Also: Will we still get KH3 news in december? Because I kinda think they'll wait until 2.8 is released.
yeah it still coming probally at jump festa along with the final 2.8 trailer i mean that was planned orignally but it make no to push back the kh3 news to next year when you want to start next year on a high note

Bobjam

Awards
I think this winter KH3 info that we are going to be getting is pretty much Nomura telling us about what he has planned for next year in terms of the game and any specific events that it might show up at. At least, that is what I am feeling with minimum expectations seeing as the 2.8 delay might have also changed their plans a little bit for releasing new info. Hope I'm wrong though.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think this winter KH3 info that we are going to be getting is pretty much Nomura telling us about what he has planned for next year in terms of the game and any specific events that it might show up at. At least, that is what I am feeling with minimum expectations seeing as the 2.8 delay might have also changed their plans a little bit for releasing new info. Hope I'm wrong though.
the dely wont change the news why finsih this year on low note like that when oyu finish strong jump festa final 2,8 trailer along with the kh3 stuff

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

Woah, I didn't know that. I definitely wouldn't mind that. Always wanted to play the FMs.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
the dely wont change the news why finsih this year on low note like that when oyu finish strong jump festa final 2,8 trailer along with the kh3 stuff

The problem is that they wanted to focus on 2.8 until it's release and not overshadow it with KH3, so releasing KH3 info in december wouldn't be a smart move anymore now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back