• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fangsora

ok I have a theory why sora dint remember any memories from castle oblivion namie said to sora that he (might re call theses memories to the surface). the reason he dint remember is because xion was attacked by roxas who forgot about her and in the enemy files in roxas diary says xion's ultimate transformation. (sora's memories from each world multiplied her powers) technically castle oblivion is a world roxas really doesn't remember any worlds that sora has been to before he went to those worlds. so since roxas attacked xion those castle oblivion memoires were gone. but image if sora did still have those memories that would mean we would have all are abilities form re chain of memories maybe sora might get them back. slowly piecing them together that's one reason im so hype for kh 3 imagine doing the rage storm sleight or doing friaga burst. thanks for reading this but remember this is only a theory. :smile:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is shown in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix that Sora does in fact remember everything once Roxas finally merges with him for good.

[video=youtube;gvcERKGe6X4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvcERKGe6X4[/video]

MyNameisAnsem

Wasn't the "Thank Namine" thing because they left a message in the journal to do so though? Wait, no, I think I see. Sora didn't remember Namine before merging with Roxas, did he?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wasn't the "Thank Namine" thing because they left a message in the journal to do so though? Wait, no, I think I see. Sora didn't remember Namine before merging with Roxas, did he?

Bingo.

Though I think "everything" might be a little generous. Nomura kept somewhat vague on it, but yes the merger might have been a final way of things snapping back together.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Bingo.

Though I think "everything" might be a little generous. Nomura kept somewhat vague on it, but yes the merger might have been a final way of things snapping back together.
I think so as well. A lot of having them merge was to get Sora's memories back quicker but it seems it also had the benefit of bringing CoM, or at least Namine, back into memory as well.

Oddly enough though he never gained or seen Roxas' memories till DDD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oddly enough though he never gained or seen Roxas' memories till DDD.

That's most likely because these memories were never Sora's to begin with.
These belong into Roxas' new heart because they're his memories and not Sora's.
Sora only "gained" (or rather saw them) in DDD because Roxas chose to share them.
On the other hand the memories of CoM and Castle Oblivion do belong to Sora because it was actually him who experienced the events.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's most likely because these memories were never Sora's to begin with.
These belong into Roxas' new heart because they're his memories and not Sora's.
Sora only "gained" (or rather saw them) in DDD because Roxas chose to share them.
On the other hand the memories of CoM and Castle Oblivion do belong to Sora because it was actually him who experienced the events.
Fair point, unlike 'typical cases' or 'dominated cases' like Lea or Xehanort, Sora & Roxas saw each other as different people and on top of that Roxas was never destroyed.
Those factors likely kept and symbolized their desire to be their own people.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Does riku remember castle oblivion? And I might be wrong, but does sora ever question what happened to the other members of organization 13 that were defeated in COM?

Lester811

the other members of Org. XIII is where i find myself scratching my head for sure, I feel like the issue might show up in KHIII but it won't amount to much .... maybe

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does riku remember castle oblivion? And I might be wrong, but does sora ever question what happened to the other members of organization 13 that were defeated in COM?

Riku never forgot. Because Namine had never messed with his memories, he had no reason to forget Castle Oblivion. The only thing he would have been fuzzy about would have been Sora since everybody was forgetting Sora. The difference between Riku and everybody else, though, was that he never actually forgot because he had made it his sole mission to protect Sora while he slept.

Sora probably didn't care. They were dead and not trying to kill or trick him, so why would they even matter to him xD

the other members of Org. XIII is where i find myself scratching my head for sure, I feel like the issue might show up in KHIII but it won't amount to much .... maybe

What is confusing you?

MyNameisAnsem

Are you talking about Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene? Well, as long as their Heartless were defeated, they have been restored to their original selves where they lost their hearts. We just don't know where that is.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So if Riku knew about namine, why didn't he tell sora?
I don't think there was much a reason for him to by the time they reunited. (Especially since Naminé wasn't important to Sora or the plot after Roxas merged with Sora. He had his memories back the way they needed to be, so Sora had no reason to remember Naminé anymore. But I do like that Sora gets his memories of Castle Oblivion back and remembers Naminé ;u;)

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I see why Naminé wasn't forgotten. Although with her power, she could easily vanish from the minds of Sora and co.
(I really don't know where that train of thought was headed ^_^')

Anyway, I actually didn't know that he got those memories back. I thought I'd seen all the KH2FM cutscenes, but I guessed I missed some!

NeoshadowXC

The reason for all these inconsistencies honestly is because Nomura keeps throwing new stuff into the storyline without giving it much thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back