• As we all know, this is a forum for Kingdom Hearts. Even so, if anybody posts spoilers for Endgame anywhere on this site without spoiler tags, you will be banned. If you change your avatar to something related to Endgame, you will be banned. If you put something in your signature, send a message to somebody that is visibly seen, or share spoilers with somebody who does not wish to see them, you will be banned.

Memories are [NOT] Resolute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: Resolve Match#2 [Shiki, Yamato]
Time: 12PM

[HR][/HR]

Not to be underestimated, Saebyeolbe walked away with a limp as he fostered some critical damage sustained from his practice round with Try. There was something to be said here, the master made a note of it as they returned to the side. Luxu cast a powerful curative spell to afflict them both, Try's rebound re-applying the effect on top of it's original cast at 75% potency.

"Resolve. I've already said it before my students, it will put the wind in your sails and propel you forward. I will say that, each of you represents something significant, but more than your resolve, what defines you?"

He left them with a question before he snapped his finger and pointed at two more of his students.

"Alright, lets get a move on. The Savage, Yamato and The Whisper, Shiki. Same drill as the previous two."

Yamato stood up and stretched pulling from his sides and his back as he looked over at ol' doom n gloom. He grazed the scar across his left cheek, how long has it been since he'd satisfied the desire to destroy? Too long, this state of being docile running rag-tag with that fool Komaeda was starting to put a damper on his style.

"Show me something worth my time. Or this won't take very long, honor above all else, but I don't mind a challenge if we're being transparent."

He purged the gluttony into his hands and turned to give her his full attention.

The was a quiet but firm release and draw of breath from Shiki. She'd given it a moment, before her right hand brought forth a dark keyblade that bent the softest of light, shine through from an orb at it's end. This was her memento mori.

"Wits about you Whisper." Yamato said walking forward, as the seems of reality where waving about.

He plucked his shades from his shirt and placed them on his face. Placing the left foot back, he compressed the zone behind him and fiddled with the contrast and brightness of the light intensity turning himself into a walking lantern that was getting brighter and brighter. He jumped forward with a double-flight jump angled horizontally and swung his gluttony to crash against Shiki's memento mori. He was too bright to see, but the sounds he made gave some evidence to his next movement.

"Relying on sound hm? Don't get cocky!" he tore the flow of ambient atoms brushing past each other within the zone, dulling the noise as his knee lodged into Shiki's stomach.

She was launched outside of the zone. Dimming the lights around him, he noticed he hit something strange. "Looks like she erected a barrier just now. Resourceful, but you'll need to do better." it took ample time, but his resolve finally dissipated around him and he held his hand outward to forge a zone in the vicinity of Shiki. It tore through space, and consumed the area behind her in order to forge a powerful string of meteors to release from just behind the zone's threshold.

Feckless youth, you can use the zone as a gateway too?

Shiki rolled to her right noticing the meteors were largely aimed at the rest of the group. Something to understand about using her resolve, there was a surge of hesitation. Barriers to protect her external, when in truth the chains themselves acted as seals for a much deeper source of conflict within her. She'd just have to trust that he would see to their safety. With a twirl of Memento Mori she launched it down the beaten path to cut through Yamato's defenses.

Your open.

A wince of her eye, you could barely see it. A single chain fastened to her keyblade as it arc'd downward and swatted him across the chest three times. The meteors the flew past her crashing into the scarred as he towered over holding a massive shield of light before dropping it downward. Memento Mori was then resummoned to her side, as her first chain coupled and doubled around Yamato, enacting it's sealing properties to neutralize him in place.

"Thats checkmate, Yamato."

The others looked on at Shiki with some wide eyes. Saebyeolbe having dropped the shield he was holding just shook his head form side to side, but acknowledged his partner was definitely talented and cunning.

"Niiiiiiiiiiiiice I think we can wrap this one up. Better luck next time Yamato."

Yamato could feel the bind becoming undone, but once it touched him, he had realized there was nothing more he could do with his resolve. That detrimental state, his thirst for a challenge finally feeling alive. As the binds slipped away he approached Shiki and gave a bit of an over-bearing embrace to which she fidgeted in shock.

"They don't make'm strong like you anymore. Good match!" he said exposing the sharpness of his teeth with a wide grin. He shook her hand before walking with her over to the rest of the group.

Shiki released a sigh, she had some odd feeling for the safety of the others as Yamato attacked recklessly in the way he did. Perhaps this sense of security came from Saebyeolbe not being a slouch to act? There felt like there was another interaction but she couldn't put her finger on it. She looked over at Eth briefly and he sighed.

"I didn't think we had crazies in our happy little flock." he said holding onto an umbrella and twirling it over his head.

Last edited:

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: He...Can Do That..? [Lucrecia, Komaeda]
Time: 12:30PM

[HR][/HR]

"Alright, your up. Numero Quatro, Monochrome and Number V, The Harbinger. Get in there and show us your resolves, Reesh, Lucky Pants!" The master clapped to the dismay of his two students barely having the desire to make eye contact.

"Ugh...YOU. Why did he have to match me against you, out of everyone here. I'd of taken Reforge over this creep."

"Woooooo! I'm popular with that ladies you know!" A child Ref shouted from the side.

"Put a sock in it Reffy." Try tapped his forehead and he sniffled.

Komaeda pulled forward, his sleeves were long and you couldn't see either of his hands. He cuffed his chin and tilted his head slightly, his teal orbs with their unorthadoxed swirls seemed rather demented. As good as it was going to get, fight with his resolve? What was the master's angle here, no one would even understand what was happening if he actually tried. He thought about it in the back of his mind briefly before he dropped his hand.

"This is a mistake master, can someone else fight? I don't want to use my resolve, it's worthless and wasted on someone as amazing as Lucrecia." he said it point blank and as bluntly as ever.

"Erk~!" The master cringed. "Well...you see...about that. Oh come on, I worked so hard to get you all out here. Fineness each other and impress them with the skills you developed from me! It's only fair!"

Lucrecia unfolded her arms and rolled her eyes at Komaeda before taking position. She was the daughter of a military commander, her tact and poise where far from abysmal. This rag tag shenanigan starter needed to be ironed out and fall in line with everyone else. She snorted purging the white radiance of her Lucient, and the grey eye that sat in the end of her keyblade.

"If you aren't going to fight Komaeda, then get off the field. Last warning."

"You wouldn't attack someone as worthless and uninteresting as me. Your heart always feels the need to save the ones like me, it's just how the natural order of things goes." a dark raincloud lingered over his head, miniature, without explanation it was just...there.

"Saebyeolbe is incredible, Try is phenomenal, Shiki and Yamato, flawless executioners, and now you Recia. Your lights are all so warm and radiant, I'm just happy to be able to bask in this kind of talent." Komaeda cupped both shoulders embracing himself as he shivered intimately. "It sends shivers down my spine. All of you are so wonderful!"

Komaeda snapped his finger. "I got it!" he reached behind his jacket and pulled out a revolver. "I'll show how my resolve works. Lets play a little game of russian roulette."

"SERIOUSLY!? WHERE DID YOU GET A FUCKING GUN!?" She retorted, justly so and in a panic eyes fixed on the revolver.

"Such language Recia, calm down. As you can see--" he removed the chamber to reveal six bullets, and only removing one. "It's loaded save for one bullet. Now what I'm gonna do is spin the chamber two times, the first time i'm going to point the gun at you and then fire. The second time I'm going to point the gun at myself and then fire. My promise is that both times, that 1 in 6 chance will occur both times, and the bullet won't leave the chamber." he spoked with his right eye open and left one closed.

Lucrecia was speechless, was this really a resolute? He sounded like a lunatic.

"Master! This is unacceptable, are we really going to just let Komaeda freely shoot himself and Lucrecia?? Where did he even get a gun."

"Yes, we are going to allow it." the master said folding his arms behind his back and standing by.

"WHAT!?!?" the remaining resolutes said as a collective, even Luxu and Eth.

"Then it's settled, no arguing with the master." Komaeda turned to Recia and pointed the gun between her eyes in the short 9 meter distance away from her. "Don't look so nervous, just trust me alright?" he started chuckling as he only had a single eye open when spinning the barrel and popping it and pulling the trigger back.

Everyone's eyes where on Komaeda as he was fixed to pull the trigger. Trusting in his resolve to bring with him fortune or misfortune, this was a reality twisting, gut-wrenching moment. Lucrecia a bit dumbfounded to even be in this situation, as his finger lurched slowly over the trigger. Finally a pull.

*click*.

empty. Empty. EMPTY.

"Huh? Well whaddya know, out of the five bullets left, you got the empty slot...thats not exciting at all."

Lucrecia's heart jumped into her throat, and she felt sick to her stomach. The sense of dread that hung in the air as their ally casually looked at the gun and counting the bullets, five where still in the chamber. Judgingly looking at him, Recia tumbled back and fell on her hands with her eyes wide as he spun the barrel a second time, this time pointing the gun at his own head, barrel to temple. Without wasting any time this time he pulled the trigger.

*BANG!*

"Hmm?"

"Working as intended Komaeda?" Eth's voice near him as he held the bullet in his hand and everyone looked at where Eth was last, and then holding the bullet in his left hand.

Laughter broke out from Komaeda as the gun dropped to his side, and you could visibly see the smoke sizzling from the barrel. To front, let alone laugh after narrowly escaping death or rather, cheating death on himself in that very instinct to force the probability of this outcome. What kind of mad man would use their resolve in a way that implicates or forces the involvement of their peers. He was happy, happy to have been a participant in a game of life or death and to beat it.

"You're...INSANE!" Lucrecia said nearly on the verge of vomitting as she returned from the field.

"I guess none of you really understand Number V's resolve then yeah?" The master folded his arms as he watched them walk back
slowly. "It's actually fairly complicated, but lets just say he can input his will over causality effecting multiple different timelines. Mind you, it's all about luck, so lets just say he's rolling a dice and gravity is his will all of it. In five out of seven potential scenarios at minimum, he shoots himself in the head and dies, in the remaining two despite the fact there could be more, he shoots a blank in one, and in the last scenario Eth saves him. Truthfully we'll never know which is which until the outcome is upon us. Hmph."

The master looked at Komaeda and then again at the revolver. "You must understand, it's dangerous game your playing with your own life, there more to his resolve than just that, but his luck does not mean he himself receives the benefit of it all the time. There has to be a trade off somewhere, if Recia not taking a bullet means he will while chancing on a different scenario where he lives, he'll gladly take it."

"A guy like that would risk everything on a gamble? Willing to die knowing he will or not by chance alone...? Recia is right, he is insane..." Saebyeolbe gave Komaeda an odd look one where even he was unsure of that kind of resolve.

Last edited:

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: Resolve Match#4 [Reforge, Midna]
Time: 12:40PM

[HR][/HR]

After Komaeda's less than stellar stunt that nearly put everyone's blood pressure through the realm of darkness and back, things calmed down. The master gave everyone a couple minutes to calm their nerves, and from the distance Komaeda was talking to Eth, Shiki, and Saebyeolbe. Recia rightly so was having a conversation, still shaken from the pair of balls Komaeda had on him for playing double jeopardy with both of their lives as if they were throwaways. Unable to respect how quickly he would extinguish his own light if it meant the others could blossom and prosper.

"While everyone's settling down, we're continuing with the matches. Gonna ask that number X, Harbored Destiny and number IX, The Eloquent step forward to do the tango with each other for a couple minutes."

"Oh?? You don't have to tell me twice master!" Reforge perked up and came flailing forward in his child form no taller than three feet and nine inches. His arms were arched like and airplane and he scuffled about in circles waiting for Iontis.

"Hard to believe that he can do that at will. Seems a bit odd, but I digress, lets have some fun Ref-kun" Midna said with vigor.

Placing her left heel on the back foot his shifted his stance to one of aggression. Midna took a breathe and her palms glowed with white transmutation circles as twirled and and graced the field inside of a massive white circle, encasing her and Reforge inside.

"Spellcaster??" Reforge said as he was preparing an incantation.

"Alchemist." Midna responded clasping both hands together.

"Lets gooooooo!!!" his mind uttered the words Progenoskes & Fortainbras and the key blades came to him. "Mystokinesis, Tenga-Ryu."

Reforge released both of his key blades and they suspended around his form moving in accordance to his mind. They hovered just behind his back crossed in an "X" position. He raised his hand to Midna and taunted with a motion to come at him. Holding up that same hand, his palm opened. "Don't go running away...Ruinga." A sliver light rapidly purged into his hand creating tiny silver orb that released from his hand and dropped slowly above her, before inducing a massive explosion.
"More where that came from!!" he said firing another blast as a few seconds past before the next one was on it's way.

Midna's raised her hand. "Come, Cedo." purging a red keyblade, she snapped it into the circle creating a red-light the filled the air with it's color and erected pillars of light that tanked the damage of both Ruinga spells. "Crush." From the sides of the pillars massive red arms jettisoned forward collapsing on Reforge from both side.

"Reflect~!!" Reforge shouted taking stance erecting a barrier bouncing back the physical force to collapse the hands, but they reconstructed as quickly as the recoil hit. "What??"

"Constant repair, thanks to your spell it can reconstruct by converting the damage it receives to reconstruct itself."

"Totally cheating! Lets see how you like this!" Reforge pushed both hands outwards towards his Reflect spell, releasing his aura. "Double!"

Explosions pinged outward completely over taking the arms, and Midna jumped backwards as they would trail back to her position. "He amplified the spells effects and outpaced the reconstruction of the arms. Well alright."

"Hyper Glide." Reforge emerged through the red explosions like a rocket, both of his key blades floating around him carving out multiple swipes in all manner of direction.

"Haste x5" The white circles over Midna's body activated and her overall movement speed enhanced to keep up with reforge's mystokinesis.

The clanging sound of his fortainbras and progenoskes clattered throughout Midna's massive circle against her Cedo. Seems he wasn't just reliant upon spell casts, neither her alchemy exclusively. She swung an uppercut straight up, as both blades broke position and quickly reversed to swing into her knocking her near the circle's outer rim. Midna reached a hand out, her palm glowing to completely stop the sliding of her own momentum. She flipped up and held her side briefly, looking at Reforge.

"You landed a hit, well done Reffy." She smiled.

"Oops! Might've been a little too hard there!!" Reforge cheesed hopping in place. "You still wanna do this??"

She stood in place, her hand on the circle from the floor crafting a red-canon, and pointing Cedo towards Reforge as it charged. "Resolve right? Show us yours." Red lightning channeled from the entire circle into a compressed point at the barrel of the canon.

"Right!!!" He said happily acknowledging her resolve with his own and using his aura and double skills to their utmost limit. Reforge's physical extended to where you could visibly see light rising from beneath his feet and compressing at the tip of his keyblade. "Zetta Flare!!!"

Reforge cast with one of his key blades spinning in place to mimic the canon-like construction. The beam compressed, at the very tip of Progenoskes and ushered in a bright light, before ripping through the air like a knife of light. Midna's canon fired on all cylinders and came to collide with the raw power of Reforge's Zetta Flare. The cohesion between the massive bursts of damage seemed unparalleled but the zetta flare pulled ahead slightly. Midna shifted the trajectory intersection of the beams on a vertical but was ultimately obliterated as the circle shattered and the force of both attacks exploding collided in an upward cone animation. Holding in place the wind blew outward towards the rest of the group, kick up one hell of a storm of dust and dirt and the sound of panting from the two of them could be heard. Flying reverse from both sides where Reforge and Midna and they tumbled along into two wicked rolls before finally stopping.

The master then clasped his hands.

"I swear. It's like you kids want to destroy half of the field to show off...jeez." The master said scratching the back of his hood. "Well then! Good job Reffy and Midna, I'm really excited to now remove you both for all that collateral damage! Have a seat!"

He was teasing of course, but if you looked directly up you could see the explosion extend outward high above the stratosphere.

"Haaaaaaaah! Take that, pew pew!" Reforge rolled along the dirt and pushed himself up, hands on his hips standing triumphantly. "That was SO much fun! Let me go again Master!" he said shaking his head vigorously.

"Reforge, you nearly blew the dust in our eyes. I think it's time for your nap." Try said folding her arms.

"Ack!" Reforge grueled, "Not yet! Hey Midna say something to her, she's not my mom!!" Reforge touted with a puffy cheek in response to Try with a tongue sticking out that followed shortly after.

"He's a pretty damn impressive spell caster. Let him have his fun." She walked over to him taking his hand firmly and walked back towards the group.

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: Resolve Match#5 [Iontis, Jay]
Time: 12:55PM

[HR][/HR]

Iontis was on the field this time, holding his Bahamut Arc in his hand and he was looking at the ashes and crispy singes of the blades of grass. Reforge and Midna truly did a number on the training field and he looked up briefly at the sky as the sun hung high over the world of The Dorms. His eyes looked over and he saw Jay stood on the opposite side a few meters away, it didn't take a genius to figure out they were the last two that had yet to go.

"Motivated this time?" Iontis said picking at Jay who wasn't saying anything.

Jay turned and slighted his eyes with a turn. There was a fire burning in his eyes, that skeptic, that atypical dissonance he brought to the table didn't exist at the moment. This whole string of matches, since watching one of them hold another down at gunpoint without knowing the outcome, all these things rattled around in his head. Rubbing the side of his short cropped hair, he released a breath and just didn't say anything.

"Split." he illuminated on a split, one of light, the other or darkness both seeming to fade instantaneously.

Iontis balled his fist looking to the left and to the right, scanning the area and no Jay to be found. His fist closed, tightening the grip on his bahamut arc, he may not even need the assist of his armor but he'd have to show them, per master's orders. His dark hair blew over his shoulder and he held stance. His ears twitched, hearing the sound of buzzing and then looking straight up. Two key blades were dropping from the sky as if in a motion of free fall, these were Jay and Jaz's Dark Paradise and Redemption key blades.
Forms from light and darkness burned into existence resting their hands around the grips as two sets of hands slamming hard into Bahamut Arc.

"So this is Crossroads. Two hearts in one body that can separate at will? You've been holding back number VI."

Iontis did a bit of a dance backwards parrying the blows of their two-pronged assault. Instantly pulling themselves back together, Jay crossed up Iontis, and dual-wielded both his key blades. Thrusting his right foot behind Iontis' left heel, he pushed forward, shouldering him with a bump. Iontis tripped over the locked heel assailing forward and upward as Jay pointed his Dark Paradise forward.

"Triple Firaga." Jay swept his key blade throwing three firaga spheres directly colliding into Iontis sending him on high before it exploded in a brilliant light.

Does this make me less of a coward...Recia?

"THUNDAZA!"

A massive quadruple burst of lightning reigned from the sky zapping Jay who stood with a fidget in his step eating the jolt head on. "Ungh..." he grunted jabbing both key blades into the grass.

Dropping down fast Iontis fell, baring his keyblade armor's second form. Clutching his bahamut arc, he held it like a shield in his hand and approached slowly while Jay was still in a state of stun from the lightning grand magic.

"You're running away less, I suppose it's a start." Iontis said as his keyblades was transforming into an elongated version of itself. "Don't bother trying to flee, that spell has an adverse effect from my resolve. You'll be neutralized for a few more seconds, so you won't be splitting anytime soo-

Jay spun around and pressured Iontis back with a string of normal attacks from his graceful dance of dual-wielded strikes. Sure enough, he couldn't use his future sight, split, summoning, or even shape-shifting abilities to tip things in his favor. His raw talent and fighting ability burned like a bon fire as he stringed along a combo of strikes. Two swings came on the vertical upward, separating Iontis from his bahamut arc keyblade, crossing both key blades under his neck in an X-formation.

The sound and tone of the breath had changed over the course a few moments, it sounded more feminine and Jaz held the key blades in place. With baited breath she pushed the key blades closer to Iontis neck. He dropped his hands slowly and placed it on her shoulder.

"I think that'll do for now. You have my respect Crossroads." he cleared his throat behind the armor's helm, "I mean, Jaz."

The key blades lowered and the master dropped both his arms and shouted loudly.

"ALRIGHT! I think we'll wrap it up with that submission!"

Jaz fell backward and Iontis took her by the wrist and pulled her up over his shoulder. His armor then decoupled and he was in his standard blue tunic and carried a fatigued Jaz on his shoulder off the field.

Last edited:

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: Final Resolve [Master of Masters, Luxu, Eth]
Time: 1:15PM

[HR][/HR]

The master clapped briefly. "Proud of you for your participation in the demonstrations so there should be no mysteries between what you can do. To keep things fair, I'm gonna ask Luxu and Eth to reveal their resolves for real this time."

Eth stared off the the side and looked at Luxu to whom was shrugging.

"If you insist Master." Luxu cracked his neck from side to side and stood out. "You sure this is a good idea putting us against-"

"Me. You'll both be pitted against me. How's that for throwing a wrench in your expectations?"

"That...might be a bit overkill master..." Eth said nervously, "Luxu and I aren't...well...i guess they'll see for themselves..." Eth sighed.

"Ethy is right you know, sure you don't wanna reconsider Master?" Luxu extended a palm as he retorted, "Once we get started...As if, we're gonna slow down after that."

Eth purged the keyblade Luxu had entrusted to him recently in his left hand and standing rather close to Luxu, the normally translucent keyblade could be seen in it's full marvel. The eye towards the blade's very edge standing out the most. Luxu scratched the back of his his hood, a dark swirl of fire burned into his right hand, and to him came the Gazing Eye. Each taking a mirror stance to the other.

The master plucked a dandelion from the grassy fields as he leaned down and brought it towards his hood. "Some day this will be all of you. Scattering to the winds like the seeds of a dandelion, bringing your light, resolve, and hope to the worlds in dire need of it." he blew into the dandelion and the seeds scattered across the fields being carried on the wind.

The master clasped his hands loudly as he purged to pure blinding wells of light, one was blue adrift with a white tint, the other yellow adrift with a deep purple tint. In his hands, they were expanding to the size of two bounce houses, titilating on a parallel to the other. Slowly he raised his hands towards the sky and merged the two orbs, caught in between what appeared to be transmutation circles similar to what Midna had demonstrated earlier. The orbs began to fuse and compress until he was holding holding a weapon about the length of his entire body, emblazoned with a heart at it's center and an eye that was no different than the one in Luxu and Eth's key blades.

"Keyblades can be forged. Light. Darkness. There is no discrimination so long as the wielder bares a powerful heart to carve one forward. Are there such a thing as special key blades? Absolutely, in fact some of you were blessed with those, none the less they all serve the same function." The master whisked the elongated keyblade to the attack position.

"Another tool that can enact a war or bring about it's end. The wielder decides which. Which will you decide? Let this be your first lesson everyone..." the master swiped forward and carved through the air burgeoning a powerful diagonal slash illuminating with dark chains that whirred along towards Eth and Luxu both.

The two guarded with their stance, struck at the oncoming blast, Ethernal and The Gazing eye both proved to be quite formidable. They'd slid back a tad before a blade of light formed by Eth came to hit from the top and one of darkness from Luxu from the bottom, effectively snapping the fold in half.

"Counter-offensive? As if!" Luxu spun his keyblade and pulled in the light surrounding them as it grew darker and darker until he created a range where the light dimmed. "Haaaaahhhhh!!!" a jagged zigzag of light bounced around through the air moving rather quick moving towards the master.

Without moving, the master lifted his keyblade and smacked the jagged moving particle of light diminishing it's return of power. This let to a multiple string of deflections as it picked up speed between Luxu and Eth returning the beam backwards with a counter-hit and this quickly became a game of badminton.

"Your tickling my sense of humor you two, why is this so much fun??" the master laughed shattering the beam on his last hit, and splintering it into micro shots that looked like tiny daggers of light being spread like raindrops.

"Looks like we're screwed." Luxu said holding stance.

"Stopza!" Eth lifted his hand and tapped Luxu's shoulder as everything suddenly froze in place.

"Whoa...would you look at that." Luxu whistled in an enamoring fashion, "You totally stopped the flow of time just now. That how you stopped that bullet from entering Komaeda's brain earlier? Same with the meteors right?"

"....." Eth looked away. "Would you rather we be down multiple resolutes from everyone abandoning self-restraint? None of them seem to think about the others well-being."

"As if. Trusting you to bail'm out seems like an understanding to me. Not that I'm complaining if any of you live or die. It matters more what you do amongst each other. Now come on, the master gonna-"

"How long do I have to pretend like I'm frozen in time??" the master's voice from his body suddenly started to talking. His shoulders dropped, and he rubbed them as they were stiff from all the standing still.

Eth's swords of light quickly formed and slammed into the master's attack cross-clashing to neutralize the other, as time slowly started to pick up and the sound effects rippled across the field. The master zipped across the field, gripping Luxu by the hood and throwing him towards the sky.

"Luxu!!" Eth touted before the master spun butting him in the chest with a jab from his keyblade and throwing him into his partner.

"You won't have time to mourn when the end comes. The darkness will never stop coming, and you'll be faced with even harder decisions to make." There was an explosion and the two resolute fell like ragdolls from the sky. The master's keyblade boasted a powerful apparatus, transforming into a canon mounted over his shoulder's in a similar way Iontis utilized his Bahamut Arc, and a powerful collection of light forming into a beam-like conjuration expelled from the canon.

Eth grabbed Luxu's hand and spun him around to wrap around the Master as he fell. Luxu free-fell downward with a swiped upward to knock the trajectory of the beam that would've annihilated Eth in one fail swoop. It shuffled past the resolute gaining his baring to move instantly toward the last place he was standing on the ground. He tackled the master as Luxu was reeling back for a second swing.

"Tch. Don't get in the way Ethy!" Luxu said holding off on his cross-slash follow up.

As Eth and the master tumbled to the ground, Luxu stood over them both. There was a tight hug on the master from Eth, and a sense of connection as the tackle quickly turned into something of a hug from his pupil. The master released the hand holding his keyblade and stroked Eth's head. While giving Luxu a gesture of no resistance.

"That'll do you two. I suppose we can call it for today." there was a brief laugh from the master as he lay there with his student a while longer and the rest of them collapsed from the sidelines to generate a large circle around the three of them.

"We're done for today everyone, head over to the dining hall by 4 after you've rotated showers, I've got something to tell you all there."

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: 8.9 [ALL]
Time: 4PM

[HR][/HR]

The dining hall was buzzing with conversation this time around. It'd roughly been over a week, but today's escalation of training seemed to give each of them perspective in it's own way. The master proceeded to respond in kind to oblige their kindness that actually seemed genuine. As he took his usual spot at the head of the table, the chatter quickly dispersed as he took a spoon and tapped his glass.

"Settle down everyone. Thank you all for choosing to stay this time and not abandoning the table. Ahem, all of try and Iontis both." his call out encouraged some snickering from Komaeda and Reforge.

Clearing his throat he spoke with precision, "Your participation today was better than I could have hoped for. As you should well know by now, each person in this room to whom is not your partner is to be considered your ally, dare I even go so far as to say your friend. That friend you will come to find in each person here, should persist through in through."

He tugged down on his hood and exhaled.

"I know this will not be an easy road for many of you, I know of much of your histories, grueling and down right cruel experiences from most of you here. I only ask that you share that vulnerability over time and build connections with your comrades. It isn't my place to force anyone here to operate outside their safe spaces and self-security, but it would lend strength to your heart to remember the fine line between the roles some of your will operate under and where your heart itself resides on the matter. Listen carefully..."

The shift in his tone grew feverishly serious.

"May your heart be your guiding key." he placed his hand on his chest before dispersing arms comedically outward, "I say it all the time. You ultimately need to do whatever your heart feel is right, but understand the consequences of such actions well before you cast such judgement. Conflicting with your own ideals or even principles, morals, or duties I've tasked you with, there must exist some form of counter-weight in your decision-making."

The master snapped his fingers, a light protruded off the bodies of each of the resolutes.

"When you accepted Omni and made it your own, your resolve, you invoked a promise to inherit my will. Understand that the brands that appear randomly across your form speaks of loyalty to that conviction, to my will. Should the day arise when that brand no longer exists...well...so too shall you perish and your resolve or fragment of Omni will return to me, even if I am gone."

The room was silent, some eyes were widened and unmoving from the master's position and fidgeted nervously.

"W-w-what?? Don't give me that look! I'm kidding about you vanishing! No, it's not that you will perish, but you will essentially be abandoning your beliefs that made you worthy to inherit omni in the first place. The heart can waver, some of you i've given roles to ensure that you do not stray from the path I've set to guide you on, as for the others that I have not given a role to, you are to facilitate and balance your comrades with roles without the burden of structure and heavy conviction. You see, you are much different in being...well, how do I say this."

He took up a position of deep thought briefly before he continued.

"Your kindness is a welcome invitation to those with task that shouldn't be underestimated. It may come out strange, Komaeda's obsession with pushing you all to the absolute limit for example, is a way to motivate you and keep you determined. All done without a roadmap, because you believe in your heart to be right, I won't say that your misguided, the brand vanishing from you or not will let you know if your breaking any rules or not. Considering two of you almost caught a bullet today, i'd say that qualifies as right by way of honoring my will."

He chuckled, then what the hell qualified as not honoring his will.

"Betrayal." he folded his arms behind his back. "Is completely unacceptable and by no means would I recommend you turn against each other. You can disagree, you can take up arms against each other, hell you did it today, but the heart will determine on what basis you do these things. For malicious intent, for treachery, for unnatural gains to benefit you while denouncing another, all things that defile my will, that mark will fade."

That one. Is worthy to lead. his final thought was silent.

He raised his glass.

"We will be leaving this world to take live classes being held on the Cul-De-Sac world in two weeks. There are things about that world, about the keyblade, about certain techniques that i've taught the children there that I must teach you and those grounds are more fitting to facilitate all of it. In the meantime you can wander about as you please and check the bulletin board in the lobby for your assignments and group tasks, it will be updated daily for your convenience."

The Master cleared his throat and spoke at length.

"You will always be asked to sign off and date and time your start and completion as per usual. All completed task are to be removed from the bulletin board and placed on filing cabinet next to it for me to review before posting your next set of assignments to be completed the following day. If you ever come across an empty board, it means all twelve of you are off that day. If you ever see a single piece of paper on the board, it should give you instruction on a meeting or set of announcements akin to this. I've taken enough of your time for now, the board will be empty tomorrow, so try to relax everyone. You're dismissed."

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
[Author's Pow Wow#2]

*Wipes away bead of sweat*

Now that I've gotten demonstrations of a majority of the casts "resolve" out of the way time for a some break down explanations. In this world I've assembled if you read the previous post about "Omni" in the actual roleplay this is what is known as a resolve. Your resolve is your unique and quite frankly blatantly over-powered skillset as a character that manifests on of the above aspects listed in my previous Pow Wow.

Resolves
(as per the role-player's who represent these characters in the thread currently):

The Current Casted Resolutes Templates can be found [HERE].

??? - The Master of Masters
[The Almighty]
The Master is able to freely utilize the existing components of his disciples at will, and even taking it a bit further. However unlike the others the key component of his resolve is the bestowal and removal of "omni" IE: The Almighty's main trait. This essentially means the master can at will bestow or grant the user a component of Omni that matches the resolve they are compatible with. This also means he can at will, remove the specific component of Omni from the user indefinitely. The Almighty in utilizing the resolves of his students is by no means anywhere near as potent as their control over their resolves. Finally par for the course, the master has incredible foresight, utilizing the eyes of the world embedded in multiple of his resolutes keyblade, over the course of several centuries he's foreseen the future, the fate of reality, and many other components. When the master speaks confidently that an event will transpire and says it is "unavoidable" this is to be taken as fact. The limits to the master's foresight were first introduced as he speaks with an unknown enemy (in the roleplay) and admits "even I don't know what will happen." and proceeds to trust the actions of the resolutes he's trained.

∞ - Luxu
[Continuum]
Luxu has an interesting skill set compared the other resolutes. He is currently the only resolute now that exist who can freely use multiple different variations of both light and darkness. In a sense it like this [see below]

[Darkness]------[Dawn]------>[Light]
[Darkness]<------[Dusk]-------[Light]
[Darkness]------>[Twilight]<------[Light]

Just as a base example.

Effectively, he and Eth are polar opposites of each other. Where as Eth utilizes and embodies both time and memories as a variation of light/eternity, Luxu unquantifiabley embodies a resolve that is infinity/perfect zero/endlessness in that of space, it's content, and all things that inhabit. Using variations of light and darkness in their most physical sense, creating areas, portals and gateways, even amassing attacks that cannot be stopped by even Eth's time resolve depending on how they're made. His preference ultimately dabbles in darkness and the many variations he is able to call fort, generating pocket areas that can absorb massive amounts of light.

10 - Midna
[Celestial Transmutation]

(Given that Midna like the Master and Luxu is an NPC, here is an official explanation of her resolve as well.)

Midna is the 10th resolute chosen by the master and boasts an innate talent of using alchemy that isn't bound to any set of rules or restrictions when constructing matter. It requires here to have a thoroughly and methodical understanding of materials, their strengths and weaknesses and she can then proceed to construct the material. Any physical piece of matter that Midna touches, can activate her resolve and she is able to freely adjust and change the composition of the object or surface. These interactions work a bit differently with resolutes as she's demonstrated possessing the skill to forge key blades from the wielder's heart via touch. Midna can also amplify a key blade's power, as strong as key blades are in general, even they can be shattered or deemed unusable.

She is the only resolute on record that can repair broken key blades. In addition to powering up a key blades durability, she can effectively increase the attack power and magical potency of key blades, even going so far as to amplify limits when used with a resolutes partner. As a resolute she is no stranger to weaponizing light using her transmutation circles, this light can be purged red when she's charging it to it's max potency. Midna additionally is skilled with the application of minor buffs drawn on herself and allies by marking them with a transmutation circle. Any allies within a circle can receive the benefit of a mobile buff such as barrier, reflect, haste, and empower.

Loosing your resolve.

Now this is important because it becomes pivotal. Each resolute when they received Omni to forge their resolve, a brand or number appeared somewhere on their body. This mark/brand is acknowledgement of the master's will, that the master chose a resolute and tasked them with a responsibility, an aspect of omni to uphold indefinitely or til they perish.

In real life, specifically in our society we have our instances where people break promises, break hearts, break or disrupt rules. Resolutes by their very nature, have a belief complex so strong and they commit to those principles, set of beliefs and is that which makes them worthy to be a resolute.

How do I lose my resolve?
If I do, is it gone indefinitely?

You can lose your resolve by choosing to abandon your role
You can lose your resolve by choosing to abandon what you believe in that deemed you worthy
You can lose your resolve by death
You can lose your resolve if your All Series is destroyed
You can lose your resolve if you use your finishing move on another Resolute
You can lose your resolve by using it against another resolute if it violates your resolve
Indefinitely? It returns to the master of masters whence it came.

Example: If Komaeda's resolves to empower his friends by being a controversial be it by the most extreme or subtle means, and that is his belief, choosing to fight his fellow resolutes under this condition if it is believed it will boost their current abilities, morale, or even hopes, this does not violate his personal resolve that made him worthy.

If Komaeda tries to destroy his fellow resolutes and abandons the very idea of helping them through his actions and believes to the utmost extremes in their peril or just the idea of killing them unjustly, his resolve will vanish, the mark will fade, and he will lose his resolve indefinitely.

Nothing will kill you faster than going against you initial belief. Nothing will kill you faster than being unable to understand and realize that while these characters develop and ultimately change, forgetting what makes you worthy, will in return make you worthless.

Last edited:

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: 10 [ALL]
Time: 9AM

[HR][/HR]

It was early and the sounds of shuffling feet through some grand halls of Cul-De-Sac's Keyblade Academy loud. An understatement shared among the students, alumni, and staff almost unanimously. As you'd wrap the first corner from the massive lobby, the halls become narrower, one side facing a string of glass and on the other side a grand scaled courtyard. On the left were doors leading into classroom after classroom, about large enough to seat thirty children and two teachers, one being a study or teacher's aid.

The master tapped the board with a rather elongated wand and grazed it underneath a word.

"Session." he said reading it aloud. "Your first official extra-class will be about sessions."

There were some yawns from other students, the resolutes for a change, where the far older individuals here and within reason. Rolling up his sleeve, the master pulled down a projector screen.

"A session is what is commonly referred to as a joint-limit move. Requiring two and only two to perform, namely your partner or rock. Sessions are conjoint 3-part combination attacks. Harmonizing their maximum combo output requires a concrete understanding of rhythm with your partner and developing synergy all your own."

The master dropped the baton on the white board's ledge and pointed into the class room as his finger scanned. "Come up here Cerczi, Alfa. I want you to demonstrate a session for my Resolutes." the master said.

Watching attentively, his resolutes could see the somewhat somber faces of the men and women of the academy's faces around them. The two young kids had only the best intention as they came forward, but there was a sense of hesitation between them. As the master stood there with folded arms, he started to understand the reasoning behind their delay.

"You all seem to sorely miss your friend. An ode not to fight, I believe thats what you all took isn't it?"

"Master..." the two students said at the sometime, sudden sorrow blanketed their eyes and voices.

"No no, it's fine. Your parents communicate things such as that very well. I think it's admirable, but I'm training a joint class and I'll need as many willing active participants as I can get." The master cleared his throat and his eyes rolled around to the side.

Sliding out from the desk. "We'll do it!" you could hear Midna's voice perk up as she cupped Iontis' hand and dragged him to the front.

"Oh ho hoooooo. I appreciate it, but if you don't see it performed first, you can't just do it on the fly. These kids are seasoned, I'm gonna need to show you how to personally so..."

An image of the master stepped outside of himself and gave him a high five.

"Session: The Omni Grip."

The room went dark, so dark that the light from their very eyes had all fizzled out and expired before bursting forward in a hellishly blinding fashion where they al phased in limbo. The master and his double had changed this classroom and split it into a completely different dimension. Color left everyone, consciousnesses were splintering out into multiple different directions, and there was a feeling of weightlessness."

"URAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" You could hear Yamato's voice echoing across the shifting area as he leapt forward.

"Yamato wait! Do you have a death wish?? What are you-" Komaeda shouted barely missing the grasp of Yamato's foot as he jumped from his position in the elevated seating.

A b-line was made from Saebyeolbe who dove from the seats and caught Yamato, flipping over and setting his back to dive towards the right side of the desks, sliding across the long counter-top.

"Lets not get too reckless, alright Yamato?" Saebyeolbe said, fastening his arms in a bear hug around his waist and applying pressure to ensure he didn't get any ideas.

The fissure of power siphoned out and hitting in all directions above head level and in a fixed area. The two master's committed to a dance, of elegance and grace. The disorientation, the change of scenery seemed to be a trait exclusive to the master as it was very possible for him to do just this. His student's marveled and his dance was brilliant, unsuppressed the light he brought worth vanquished several test dummies he'd set up.

"Get the idea now, my resolutes?" he said extending an invitation and point to them all, as numbers from their tattoos flared up in response from random spots on their body.

Dari

All's End
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
Memory Fragment: 15 [Saebyeolbe, Eth]
Time: 7PM

Two sets of foot steps trudged a long since dead and beaten path. The marks of many of the deceased create a path for them, separated only by the light, the dirt, and death. Leading in front, Saebyeolbe walked ahead and Eth followed until they broke the clearing, the darkness sank into the graveyard as the sun was no longer visible anymore. As the night fell, the two continued to pace themselves along, realizing curfew was in roughly two hours.

Saying nothing, Sae stopped Eth, and the stood staring at three key blades in particular jammed into the ground.

"See those Eth?" Sae said pointing in the middle. "Thats the reason I come here after hours."

Eth was confused, he scratched his head and squinted his eyes. "Some rusted keys from wielders that no longer exist in this reality..? Am I...I don't know...supposed to feel sentimental here?" his tone was flat and brazen.

Saebyeolbye walked with a slow rhythm and weight to his foot steps. His frame was fairly light, you could see some clear formation of his physical training in the definition and shape of his shoulders. Eth largely was looking past him fixated on the key blades and posed the question of "why is this relevant to me?" on repeat. His comrade walked towards them and got down on both knees and raised his hands.

"Um...what are you doing exactly..?" Eth said, a look of cringe furrowed.

"Paying my respects to the lost masters from a long time ago." Saebyeolbe said as his eyes were closed tight and he put his will into a prayer. "Gone before our time. I would've very much liked to have met the heroes from the old world."

Eth was feeling cynical, more so than normal. "You're chasing power aren't you Sae?" he inquired.

Saebyeolbe turned, shouldering the question as he released his hands from prayer. "I'm seeking the power to protect, yes."

"Then question. What happens when the world ends...and theres no one left to protect. Then what was the point in chasing that power? Attaining it even, only to fall short-"

"Eth." Sae interrupted. "Why do you want to know this?"

Eth sighed, "I'm an advocate for taking it a day at a time, but resolve means resolve for a reason doesn't it? Your conviction in using yours...just like me, matters, beyond just you Sae. I want to know what resolve means to you. What power, power you have, power you have yet attained, MEANS to you."

She's silver hair flit a bit in the wind, and the sun finally disappeared from sight. Night had finally fallen, and number one answered, "Kindness." he spoke softly.

"Kind...ness..? Huh? What kind of answer is that? Explain." Eth demanded Saebyeolbe tell him the deeper meaning.

"Your show of analysis, distancing, all don't really fall in with how I resolve. Kindness. I'm overly understanding to a fault, inhumanly kind, but thats because i've committed every sin and carry them on my person as a constant reminder. You know Eth...Shiki's told me some fucked up stories too. Do you even talk to anyone Eth?" The questions were turned towards Zero now.

No sound came from him, a simple shrug of the shoulders, cold guarded, and he turned and started to walk in the opposite direction. "Some other time. We have a curfew Sae, lets go already."

His eyes were a bit sad, Sae looked down and sighed, the distance was apparent, but worth the slog.