• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Memento

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firo

Oh Crap
Today my dad gave me a watch.

The story: My dad got his degree (college) in 1996. After that he went and visited his grandma and she gave him a watch (expensive watch). I was six then. As I grew up I always wanted his watch. In 2008 his grandma (97 years old) Passed on. So obviously that watch held a significant amount of sentimental value to him. This christmas my sister bought him a new a watch, and today he gave me the watch his grandma gave him. I've never received something like this, so it had a significant impact on me.

So like the title, that watch is precious to me.

So what have you received that is precious? It can be anything. If you want give the story behind it.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Special Things

I've got a five dollar coin, something discontinued in Australia. It's massive and minted at around 1985 or something like that.

Trag

Bronze Member
Re: Special Things

My dad gave me a watch as well, it's a pocket watch. It was my great-grandfathers, and it's solid gold. They had never distributed the things our grandfather left us when he passed, and yesterday he decided to. My sister got two rings, my brother got his favorite watch, and my other brother got his pipe and his dogtags. I like mine best though.

Reneeski

My dad's class ring. Even though he graduated from the rival school, it makes me proud to have it. It truly has no significant value other than that, except for distracting my friends with its "sparkly-ness."

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
One of my exgirlfriends gave me her necklace she always wore when I moved away/broke up with her so I wouldnt forget her. I actually still have it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i hav my grandpa's cane that he made out of a grape vine[local term].
he died when i was 2.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have my dad's custom made lighter, it has his name, birthstone, and zodiac sign engraved on it.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
After my grandpa passed away, I was given a ring of his. The ring is gold, and I heard it used to have an emblem on it, I forgot of what though. But my grandma replaced the emblem with the letter 'K'. Ever since I got it, I've worn it almost everyday.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I have a ring that my grandma gave me. It was meant to be given to her first grandson.

Mint Julep

Website
justicemuffins.tumblr.com
For my twentieth birthday, my grandmother gave me a small box. Inside the box was a pair of tiny golden earrings with a ship's anchor and heart charm on them. As it turned out, the earrings were the first birthday gift my grandfather had ever given her, before they had been married. My grandfather was in the military at the time, so the the ship's anchor plus the heart held a significant meaning to her. She's often told me the story of how when they were engaged, he came back on leave unexpectedly and asked her to marry him before he was deployed again. They were married on a Wednesday at two o'clock in the afternoon; it was a small ceremony, but a lovely one, she said. You know how elder relatives have that habit of repeating the same old stories? I don't stop her when she does. I love the stories too much.

My grandfather was very important to me and died when I was rather young. She said that rather than thinking of the earrings as a gift from her, to think of them as one from him instead. I do and I cherish them dearly.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
For my twentieth birthday, my grandmother gave me a small box. Inside the box was a pair of tiny golden earrings with a ship's anchor and heart charm on them. As it turned out, the earrings were the first birthday gift my grandfather had ever given her, before they had been married. My grandfather was in the military at the time, so the the ship's anchor plus the heart held a significant meaning to her. She's often told me the story of how when they were engaged, he came back on leave unexpectedly and asked her to marry him before he was deployed again. They were married on a Wednesday at two o'clock in the afternoon; it was a small ceremony, but a lovely one, she said. You know how elder relatives have that habit of repeating the same old stories? I don't stop her when she does. I love the stories too much.

My grandfather was very important to me and died when I was rather young. She said that rather than thinking of the earrings as a gift from her, to think of them as one from him instead. I do and I cherish them dearly.

......where the hell is my tissue box ;_;

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
My parents recently got divorced; I now live with my Dad in NJ and my mom moved away back to her home in Puerto Rico. Before she left, she had lost her job, my dad had kicked her out of the house several times (I kept bringing her back and telling him him he couldn't kick her out because it was MY apartment), and the two have been constantly bickering. I lost all hope that they would ever get back together, and was pretty depressed the day my mom was supposed to leave. Then, right before my uncle was to take her and my sister and baby brother to the airport, she nudged my dad and reminded him to give me 'the thing'. He dug into his pocket and handed me a small red box.

Inside was a charm that I knew had been in my mom's family for over three decades, held onto a chain that was almost pure gold, made by my grandfather when he started working in the jeweler business. They told me that no matter how much they fought they would still love me, and they told me never to take off that necklace. That was in August, and I haven't taken it off since.

When they gave it to me, I cried. I'm a crybaby ( ;-; ), and this was the first thing that they had EVER done together. I still don't know how they managed to get that together when they can't even spend a minute without arguing/fighting with one another.

Wonderglow

One Christmas, my grandpa discovered online shopping and bought me a plastic camera. I didn't really like it because I had seen newer and better ones out. I put it away and played with my other stuff. So he hung out for a little longer, sometimes staying at home and we didn't know why. The night after he and my grandma drove back up the San Jose, he died in bed. He had diabetes but didn't want to take care of it and was having trouble breathing. They didn't usually drive down for Christmas, but then I knew why. Ever since then I've kept that plastic camera in a treasure box and dusted it off when it got dirty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back