• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Melodies of Life -- Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark,
For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart,
To weave by picking up the pieces that remain,
Melodies of life - love's lost refrain​

FINAL FANTASY IX --- MELODIES OF LIFE

The city of Alexandria is filled to the brim with excitement and anxiousness. The streets full of citizens running left and right, doing everything they can to secure a ticket to be a part of the birthday celebration for Princess Aria til Alexandros the IX. This won't be just any year, for this is when the young Princess turns 18, entering womanhood and starting on her path to become the glorious ruler of Queen Brahne's Kingdom. In truth, the people could not have been happier. All was well across the glorious world of Gaia, and this occasion marked the continuation of an era of peace.

"With all of Gaia as a stage, Terra shall be revived..."

The Regent Cid of Lindblum was one who did not find this coming day joyous. Despite caring much for the Princess, his suspicions have been growing as to Queen Brahne's true motive for her recent actions. Increased military action, production of weapons, and stocking the borders with soldiers. The scent of war loomed over the land, and The Mist didn't help. Acting as a blanket over these Kingdoms, the beasts of the land grew aggressive ever more, day by day. Regent Cid worried a great deal, thus he reached out to an old friend, and hired the Tantalus Theater Troupe to kidnap Princess Aria on her 18th birthday.

"The pieces are all falling into place, one by one..."

The Prima Vista, airship of the Tantalus Theater Troupe, has arrived. They are here to give the Kingdom of Alexandria the show of a lifetime! Princess Aria shall never forget this day. The day she turned 18. The day she meets her 'Prince' Charming. The day explosions light up the night sky. The day she leaves home on an adventure. The day she last smiles with her mother. The day a sleeping power awakens. The day that started it all.

"Let the curtains rise for our opening act!"

Yes, today would be the day. The entire castle was abuzz, with people left and right preparing for whatever it was they were responsible for. It was an organized chaos, people never standing still unless they were barking orders at one another. The kitchen was aflame with the latest dishes, the orchestra tuning their instruments, even the performers were warming up.

The royal family of Alexandria was getting tended to. The Queen herself was already in her seat, a fiendish grin on her face as she watched the crowd. Fanning herself lightly, she let out a small laugh simply out of joy. After all, it was her dearest daughter's eighteenth birthday; what wasn't there to be happy about?

Said princess was putting on her crown as she walked towards her own seat, dressed in an elegant blue dress, her hair up in a perfect bun, as always. She let out a small gasp of amazement as she watched the crew get ready for the play. Of course she was excited--it was, after all, one of her favorite pastimes.

"Sit, sit, darling, the show's about to start!" Queen Brahne cooed, ushering the girl to sit down already.

"Of course, Mother." Princess Aria agreed, taking her seat immediately. While expected to be ladylike, she couldn't help but let out a girlish giggle as she waited.

Today would be a marvelous day.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
The Tantalus Theater Troupe had arrived! What a greeting they had, oh what a greeting indeed! None of them would have ever guessed the day would come, the day this ragtag band of misfits would be ushered into the Castle of Alexandria! With open arms, no less. With such a welcoming reception, it was a mystery to them why this wasn't done before.

What, exactly? Kidnap the Princess, of course.

The Troupe was running frantic on the stage and behind the scenes, all in preparation to make not one, but two impressive performances that the Kingdom of Alexandria would never forget. Among those taking part in this grand show, V was one the most excited of them all. Still shocked that Baku would place such an important task on V's shoulders so soon after returning, he was ready to prove himself. Above all, he was ready to have some fun.

Silence blanketed the area, the Narrator's voice hushing the attentive crowd. The actors were taking their places, ready to perform their hearts out as they've done for years. V peaked out from the side, the darkness keeping him out of sight from the audience. Up on the balcony, as expected, were Queen Brahne and the target; Princess Aria. His mind went blank from trying to find words to describe her beauty, as none felt worthy.

V shook his head, knowing now was not the time to space out. His part in the play wasn't up just yet, but he had to remain focused. Once he took stage, the first part of the plan would be underway. V only hoped that guy wouldn't blow his cover and that guy wouldn't blunder this magnificent performance...

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
It was such a lovely day in the town of Alexandria. Everyone was gathered near the castle to watch an amazing play. This play had been done so many times but, yet it was the most glorious play to grace the performing arts. Unbeknownst the citizens of Alexandria, this was the day they would lose the beautiful Princess Aria. Cid was effortlessly proud of the part he played in the kidnapping of his lovely best friend. She came to him and his father, looking to get away from her mother, Queen Fatass. Queen Fatass was the name that he used for his auntie because he simply hated the woman and everything she did. He was willing to help Aria no matter the cost.

Cid stood outside the very doors to the balcony where Aria and Brahne resided. He wasn't too much worried bout Azriel since his master was in o nthe kidnapping. It was planned that he would sit in the front row and act as backup if anything went wrong. Hopefully nothing did go wrong as Baku had came up with a masterful plan. The only other problem was Cara which he was would soon rectify. She had been with him the entire time he was visintg Alexandria, acting like someone was gonna try to assassinate him. Turning to his royal guard, who followed damn near everywhere, Cid pulled her in close. He looked into the woman's serene eyes as if he was peering into her soul. He gave a smile that caught her attention like a fly trapped in a spider web.

"Cara, can you you go sit with Azriel? Tempus can handle things up here. Besides I like it when you get to relax. Keeps that beauty at it's peak." Cid's words cut through the air before his lips touched her. The kiss from him wasn't deep but, it was good enough to finish the job. Not many could match Cid's entrancing kisses but, many weren't as skilled as him. The kiss wasn't just a ploy though since there was always romance between the two but, Cid usually kept it lowkey because of his dad. Turning from Cara, Cid continued onto the balcony. He was spotted by Tempus, Brahne's personal guard and strongest man, upon entrance but, he knew Cid wasn't dumb enough to try anything.

"Hello Auntie Brahne and dear cousin Aria." Cid spoke with poise and grace while taking a seat by Aria. He leaned onto Aria, whispering into her ear "The plans all set. Hopefully Blank and Marcus will be ready after me and V get started."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
There was never an end to a Knight's job.

Caralynn Adelaide was scoffing at the knights of Alexandria. They were much too casual, much too festive. They hardly paid any attention at all to their surroundings--why, she could pull a sword to their princess and they wouldn't retaliate fast enough! The fools! The imbeciles! The nincompoops! Was that a word? Well even if it wasn't it described the Alexandrian Knights to a tee. With the exeption of Lord Tempus, of course. They really should be following him.

The woman nodded to herself, as if confirming something, closely trailing behind the Prince. Only when he turned to her did she stop, body erect as she listened for his next command. Unless it was 'stop following me', that was the only one she had to refuse.

Cid pulled her close to him, giving her a look that easily turned her legs into butter. My Prince~ she squealed within her thoughts, though she actually kept up appearances on the outside.

Until he kissed her.

Unable to resist, and despite her own personal preference, Cara let out a lofty sigh and nodded. "Of course, Your Highness. I implore you not to go too far, however." With much reluctance, Cara watched the prince leave and hung her head. She knew he was going to the princess--it wasn't fair! Cara's breasts were bigger! She was prettier, damn it! Throwing a rather small and quick fit, Cara recomposed herself and joined Cid's mentor, flashing a smile.

"A pleasure to see you again, Master Azriel." She spoke as she plopped down into her seat.

On the balcony, Cid approached Brahne and Aria. Aria smiled at him, and listened as he whispered the plan to her. Making sure her mother wasn't listening, she whispered back, "I do hope this works, it would be terrible if something goes wrong..."

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Azriel plays the part of a welcomed guest admirably, even if he does say so himself. He greets those that have influence with a smile and never oversteps his boundaries by initiating physical contact. But he does shake hands when he needs to. But then something hits him. He knows that there is a plan to go against Queen Fatass, as Cid so eloquently calls her, but he should still greet her as a member of the Lindblum Royal family, granted he isn't really a part of the family. But his advance is cut off with the appearance of Cara walking down the aisle looking a little heartbroken. He knows instantly what must have happened and he truly does fill sorry for her. Still, there's nothing that can be done when Royals are involved.

"A pleasure to see you again, Master Azriel." She spoke as she plopped down into her seat.

Azriel falls into his seat next to her and places a comforting hand on her knee. He offers her a smiles and says, "Don't worry. I'm sure things will work themselves out. Besides, you don't have to address me as 'Master'. Cid sees us both on the same level, I'm sure. So just call me Azriel." With that he leans back into his seat and crosses his hands across his stomach. He eyes the weapons that rest against his seat, something he has a strange feeling he might need, and thinks of how he was only able to get them in thanks to his standing as the teacher of Cid himself. While most people in the higher levels don't really like those of his standing, they still show respect because they know of the influence teachers have over royal families. That and he has the skill to silence any opposition himself.

"Say, Cara? Do you think that you can help me with something? I seem to have run into a bit of bad luck in finding a suitable wife."

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
V's gaze never let up, as he didn't want to miss the signal to start it all. The play was progressing with perfection, the crowd giving the glorious actors their full attention. This was all going perfect, as the more focused they became, the higher chance this plan would succeed. For now, V had to wait for Cid's signal, which was due to arrive in the midst of the fight scene. Any minute now...

"Come on V, you're on stage soon! Get ready, and don't screw up!"

V jumped in place, forced to regain his composure so he didn't shout too loud. Without even needing to look back, he knew the source of the voice was Baku. He knew he was right, but V was hesitant to begin without first knowing Cid was in place. Before heading into position, he gave one last look into the audience, and his worry was washed away. There he saw the annoying, yet attractive, female bodyguard of Prince Cid making her way next to Azriel.

"There we go. Now that we've wowed the audience, it's time for the real performance to begin!" He shivered with excitement, dashing to his place, ready to enter the stage and get this show on the road. The climatic fight scene was reaching it's final moments, the audience entranced by this scripted battle. The swordplay was marvelous, the actors practiced for years to perfect the motions. However, tonight's show would take a different route then the normal. It was time for some improvisation.

Just as the final slash of the fight was to be made, a large gust of wind caught the actors unbalanced, stopping them in their tracks. The lights dimmed, a ghastly fog rolling in across the stage, spilling out into the audience. The actors displayed the shock and confusion to perfection, questioning this ungodly turn of events. Then, silence.

BANG!

A flash of light blinded the entire area, and standing between the two swordsmen was V, his arms stretched into the air and a malicious smile on his face. "Muahahahahaha! You foolish mortals! You fight a pointless battle, one that neither of you shall prove victorious!"

"W-what are you doing here, Dark Magus?! And what do you mean neither of us can win?"

"Why, do you not find it obvious? The two of you fight with your lives on the line for your beautiful Princess! So foolish of you both, for your lives shall be wasted! Neither of you shall acquire the fair maiden's heart!"

"What nonsense do you speak? Why is the Princess's heart out of our reach?"

"Muahaha, why, you ask? It is simple; I shall be the one who steals her heart!"

Upon his declaration, V pointed up into the balcony, queuing a spotlight to shine down on Princess Aria. The crowd was clapping with such enthusiasm, for they enjoyed what they believed to be an interactive play with the audience. On stage, lights flashed and smoke erupted up from the stage, knocking the two actors to the ground. Laughing manically, V ran to the edge of the stage and jumped off! Landing in the aisle, he charged through the audience, a smile with evil intent spread across his face.

As he arrived below the balcony, V hopped into the back of a seat, leaping towards the wall and climbing his way upward using the decorative ledges, indents, and lights. He flipped over the edge of the balcony, landing with grace facing the Princess. "My, what a beautiful sight to behold." V began, bowing as the spotlight focused on himself and Aria. "To see you up close is more blinding then I thought. Quickly, before your purity renders me immobile, come with me! With my magic, I shall open your eyes to a reality you never dreamed of!"

V's hand was outstretched, a plea to the Princess to take his hand so they may be on their merry way. "Hurry, before your guards attempt to get in the way. For I shall show no mercy to any fool who dares stand in the way of Dark Magus!"

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Aria placed a hand on Cid's shoulder as she rose out of her seat. Here goes nothing. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted her mother gleeful. Giving a proper curtsy to her, she took his hand, trying not to feel so nervous. She turned back towards Cid, taking his hand in hers, and let herself slip away from his grasp as she went along with Dark Magus.

"I hope you come and save me, my Prince." Aria spoke, giving a little smile as she winked.

~

"Personally, I think you're just too picky." Caralynn replied with a coy smile, then burst out laughing as she smacked his shoulder. "All you have to do is pick a girl and sweep her off her feet, it's not that hard.

Cara watched the play, nudging Azriel once in a while every time she was surprised, angry, happy, or...well...for everything. She gave out a little sigh and lightly kicked his weapons and motioned towards him. "You really think you'll need those?" She asked, though she was certainly not one to talk; her own spear was right behind her seat. But it was different. Kinda. Not really.

Last edited:

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Princess Aria's gentle hand was placed in V's, and in assuming the role he pulled her in close. For a moment, his eyes locked onto hers. If not for the situation at hand, V would very much had enjoyed staying this way for much longer. However, the audience was waiting, and the kidnapping was under way. It was time to return to the stage next, removing Princess Aria from her assortment of guards. Most of all, the infamous Tempus, a Royal Guard no one wished to cross in battle.

"Please, Princess, do not hold on to such false hope. You are mine, and mine alone! Now, let us be on our way, say goodbye to your Queen!"

V wrapped his arm around Aria's waist, holding her tightly against his body. "Hold on tight." He whispered from the corner of his mouth for her to hear alone. He jumped up onto the edge of the balcony, lifting her up as he did so. Next, what he did would get him into a ton of trouble from...just about everyone. But hey, V wanted to enjoy every bit of this. One could say, this was a welcoming to a new life from V to Aria.

His free hand grabbed onto a rope, one stationed there before in preparation, and pulled Aria off the balcony with him. Together, they swung across the theater, the audience looking up with gaping mouths. Whether or not Aria was enjoying this exhilarating ride, V was laughing to no end!

Once they reached the stage, V let go of the rope first, landing with ease and grace. He turned and caught Aria as she came down, placing her feet on the ground so she may stand, and leaving a hand at her back to keep her from losing balance. All the eyes where on the two of them, waiting for what was to be the greatest final scene of them all.

"Come now, Princess. As you can see, there is no such 'Prince' that can save you from I, Dark Magus! Accept my love, and we shall rule over every Kingdom!"

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
The play had begun beautifully as was expected of of the famous Tantalus. Litte did anyone know, plays weren't the only Tantalus was good for. Even Cid knew that as they did right around the corner from him. It was funny how then prince knew nothing of the people within Tantalus though he had caught his father on one or two occasions interacting with the leader known as Baku. Cid knew a great many things that his father though was a secret to others but, his son was sneakier then one would believe. Suddenly it was evident that V was improvising as the plan was actually a little more graceful the man was doing. You know, Cid wondered what the heck V was in the first place, for he had never seen such a being before. Whatever the case may be, Cid was ready for whatever V was gonna do next.

V's elegant performance amazed Cid to no end. He didn't think the man would able to match Cid's own theatrical training that his mother forced on him during his younger years. Too bad V was so damn flashy which is where he lacked since V was now standing before the Princess and Cid, acting as Dark Magus. It was quite the spectacle until Aria grabbed Cid's hand, releasing it with the words, "I hope you come and save me, my Prince." Her smile and wink was beautiful that it was unreal. It was true what was said about Alexandria, they definantely had the most beautiful princess. Standing up,, Cid's eyes first came upon his Auntie Queen Fatass, who was cheering and roaring with ecstatcy.

Cid climped onto the balcony ledge whilst pulling loose one of the ropes. He leaped off the ledge, holding the rope tightly. Now he knew just how V must have felt to fly through air like this. Cid then let go of the rope causing his body to go into a double backflip before landing ever so eloquently infront of V and Aria. His blade was unsheathed, pointing at the thief. "Ah Dark Magus. You are a foolish one to come here. I shall never beget the Princess to the torture of your love. Thy heart shall be pierced by me, Marcus, Prince and Future King." Cid was so confident in his ability as an actor that it hard to see a flaw within his performance. Now it was up to V since improvising was not an easy thing.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
I'm too picky? That can't be. I just need someone capable of cooking meals and bearing a strong child. Or a graceful one. It is a bad thing for a man not to know how to cook.

But his train of thought is continuously interrupted by the constant jabbing from Cara, but he pays it no mind. Various people have various reactions to plays. Still, he took the chances of the movements to look at her with a smile and off a comforting pat on her hand during certain parts. But at these times he manages to steal peeks at the soldiers of the area. He knows that things would be bad if something were to happen to them, but with such a beautiful princess in the area, those guys should really be more on guard. He eventually lets a mental laugh out at the thought and remembers that things would be good since the guards were so relaxed about their jobs. It would just mean slow reactions and a more likely escape for Cid and the others.

But his attention is finally grabbed when Cara slightly moves his own weapons and questions if he'll really need those. He moves the swords back into place with a simple movement and smiles as he leans in to whisper to the girl. "You never know when combat will erupt. I'm sure you've noticed the lax nature of the guards here. Surely if something bad were to happen, they would be useless and that would leave the three of us to deal with anyone." Of course he was including Tempust, the one person that he was the most wary about. He was sure that Cara wouldn't get in the way. And if she did, she would be easy enough to take care of. But the man near the Queen was a different story. He wouldn't be so easy.

And that's when the improvisation began. Azriel watches in amazement at the flying done by the actors and even as Cid himself joins in. The warrior just smiles as he leans back into his seat to watch the show while also keeping an eye out for anything that would be deemed unwanted. It's then that he notices the spear sitting against the back of Cara's seat. He fakes a bit of a stretch, well not really faking it from sitting in place for so long, and moves both arms behind his seat. That's when he grips her own weapon and slowly moves it to where it would rest on the floor behind them. He has a feeling that she won't notice because the only movement could be seen from behind them. Of course, those people are too enthralled with the play to really pay any attention. It's when he silently sets the spear down that he returns to his normal position and whispers, "If this goes on for much longer, I'm afraid I might turn into a vegetable."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
At least she wasn't the only one that noticed the soldiers' lack of duty. Smiling a bit to herself, her jaw dropped as she watched the Mage take the princess, and snickered to herself. The one thing she did know about Aria was her fear of heights. The girl must've been terrified, and while there was a bit of sympathy, she couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Are you kidding me? This is the best show ever!" Cara grinned from ear to ear as she smacked Azriel's shoulder. "YOU GO MARCUS! KICK HIS ASS!" She screamed like a teenage girl at a boy band concert, eagerly jittering around in her seat. It was magnificent, a true spectacle, a wondrous turn of events as Cid pointed his sword at the evil bad guy dude. Oh, if only she wasn't a knight, she would have dreamed of being a princess getting resuced by the handsome prince...

But as a knight, she would be the one doing the rescuing.

With a small, dreamy sigh, Cara finally sat still, clasping her hands together. "How can you not be enjoying this?" She asked Azriel, poking his cheek. "You can't tell me you're all work and no play, that's not any fun at all!"

As V took her by the waist, Aria realized something. They were going over people, through the air. Oh no. She bit her lip lightly, clinging onto V for dear life and closed her eyes. She felt herself being lifted, and accidently opened her eyes. She really, really, really wish she hadn't; she was so scared she was going to fall and had almost a deathgrip on V. Once she touched the ground, she felt herself wobble a bit.

Thank goodness that's over... She let out a very small sigh of relief, and watched as Cid soared through the air and landed quite impressively. I suppose I was the only one frightened by that. She clapped her hands and put a on a smile, stepping back as the two prepared to do battle. Her eyes searched the audience. Everyone was distracted by this point, and she hadn't seen her mother in such a jubilant mood in a very long time.

All that was left was to make it work.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
"Marcus? The Prince Marcus?" Muahahahaha, my, how the fates have enjoyed toying with us!" Black Magus's laughter boomed throughout the stage, a few audience members feeling chills down their spine. This Cid guy knew how to act at a proficient level, something V was very happy to see. No matter how great an actor is, they can only create a magical performance with the best supporting cast.

"You understand nothing! In order to curse this land forever, I need both the heart of a Princess, and the soul of a Prince! Thanks to you, I shall now have both! Prepare yourself, immature Prince. For this is the last chance to see your beloved Princess!"

With the Princess safe to the side, it was time to make their move. Trusting in Cid to follow up, V cast a Thunder spell, lighting striking all around Cid, yet never hitting him directly. The audience was awed by the realism of this spell, not knowing there was nothing artificial at all. V needed to create the perfect opening to escape, so no second-rate effects would do the job.

"Come now, Marcus! Let us see who has the right to take the Princess's heart as our own!!"

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Cid could hear Cara's yelling in the background. No matter how loud or where he was at, Cid would always be able to hear Cara. Sometimes he wondered if he was around her too much. Now wasn't the time as the prince had to keep his attention on the situation at hand. Vwould have to do something great to keep the queen's attention or the woman would get irritated very quickly. All of a sudden V decided it was a good thing to drop lightning all around. Cid was quick to catch was was going on as he took a defensive stance as to pretend to block the attack. It all looked real and was probably the best performance Alexandria would see in a long time.

"Perish, I shall not." Cid said as he dashed forward. He swung the blade low first, going slow enough for V to react but, fast enough for the audience think it was real.....which the combat pretty much was. Spinning the blade, he came back around with two more slashes which wowed the audience highly. This play was going off great and it would only get better.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"I am enjoying this play, I just can't stand to sit in place for such a long period of time."

As if on cue V decides to spice up the show with a blast of Lightning to send the crowd into a frenzy. While something along the lines of what he was expecting, the act still impressed Azriel to the point that he actually leaned forward in his seat. But he quickly regains his composure and leans back before taking another glance around the area. Good. No changes. For all the guards and Queen knew, the Princess was just playing the part of a kidnapped Princess. Still, it was a rather impressive performance. And what's more is that Cid's sword training is being put to good use. It's only then that something pops into his mind regarding Cara, but he decides to save it for another time.

Within seconds he soon finds himself sitting in a rather comfortable position with his right leg draped over his left knee. The right foot moves at a rapid pace, but that's nothing to take notice of. Azriel looks around the area once more, this time at the other spectators, and notices that a number of the spectators are showing the same amount of impatience as him while also showing signs of genuinely enjoying the show. One in particular makes his almost laugh by the fact that he's sweating profusely while biting his nails. Azriel almost gets Cara to turn and look behind him at the person, but he stops himself knowing that she would then notice the missing spear. Instead he brings his attention back to the show before leaning over to her and says, "Would you be opposed to the idea of falling for another Knight? Say, I knight that is very powerful and could protect you? In the event that Cid does go with the path that his parents wish of him?"

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
If Cid went down the path his parents wished for...?

Of course he would do it. There was nothing more a Prince loved than his people; his duty was always first. No matter what she wanted, no matter how she felt, she was nothing before the royal family. It was infuriating, to say the least, but she somehow kept her cool. That is, until she imagined the royal wedding, with the Prince lifting up the bride's veil, and going in for the kiss that would bind them for eternity...

Cara let out an annoyed whine as she crossed her arms, banging back against her seat in frustration. Of course Azriel didn't mean to piss her off, but what he said was true. Cid would probably end up with some noble or high class lady or something. What was she? A lowly peasant knight. This wasn't exactly a fairy tale, either--not that that stopped her from hoping it was.

"Are you asking me to be submissive?" Cara asked with a raised eyebrow, despite her focus on the play. "That's not exactly something easy for me." She continued, shifting herself in her seat a bit. "Depends on the knight, I suppose." She answered with a shrug.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Cid reacted to perfection as the lightning cracked around him. No matter how great the effects are, it's the reaction that sells it to the crowd. This fight scene needed to be intense, thrilling, and showing. All things V was more than willing to contribute.

Cid came at him, sword in hand with the intent to bring this fight up close and personal. This would work in their favor, as the crowd's attention drew in closer on them, it became easier to use misdirection for their plan.

The first slash came at V's legs, and it was good Cid was smart enough to keep his movements slow. This would allow V to be a bit flashy with his maneuvers. He jumped over the blade, the crowd gasping as the sword just missed the bottom of his feet. Upon landing, Cid proceeded to attack two more times. As they approached him, V ignited Fire in his hands, parrying each strike away with the back of his hands.

Not something he'd try in a real fight, V took advantage of Cid's advanced control over his swordplay to do this trick. The result was flames spewing outward along the path of the sword, the Fire flickering through the air and dazzling the audience.

"Pathetic! I expected more from you, Marcus! You won't last long against me...it's time I finish this. Feel the wrath of DARK MAGUS!"

As he shouted, he jumped backwards and stretched his arms outward. Cold winds began to swirl in the palms of his hand, a Blizzard spell forming and ready to fire. "I SHALL SEND YOU TO YOUR FROZEN GRAVE! FORBIDDEN SPELL, ICY HELL!" The Blizzard fired from his attack, heading towards Cid. In the instant it neared him, the stage crew did their part. A flashing light erupted, filling the entire room and momentarily blinding the audience. In this small window of opportunity, Baku tossed a Dazzler effect, timing it to collide with the Blizzard spell.

The two spells exploded together, and the effect was glorious. The blinding light dimmed, leaving the total area in darkness. However, the lights of the Dazzler fused with the Blizzard, creating Shining Snowflakes that sparkled in the darkness. Dispersed everywhere, the audience looked up in wonderment. Queen Brahne was bouncing joyously in her seat, attempting to reach out and grab what resembled falling stars.

If there was any time for the escape to proceed, it was now. V only hoped Cid and Aria could follow through.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
The play was going fantastically as the audience and the Queen were yelling joyous delight. Tempus, on the otherhand, did not care at all for the play or the fun associated with it. It was all just a small detour from the darkness that plagued this land. Most people tended to try to look away while Tempus always kept his mind on the task at hand. He had no time to stand by and have fun like the commoners. Their was a palace to protect and guards to keep in line. You would have though that the guards would have learned by now that being lazy was one thing that Tempus did not tolerate. Discpline was something that would learn the hard way.

As the lights shut off and the snow sprinkles fell from the sky, Tempus's eye narrowed onto the stage. What others couldn't see, Tempus could see almost perfectly. The image of Cid and V trying to take the princess through the stage door. He would have nothing of it from kidnappers nor would he offer mercy to men that believed that could pull such a ill-conceived plan right infront of him. There wasn't a moment's hesitation as a large flame engulfed Tempus's left hand. It was then shot forward, smashing into the ground infront of the door, blocking the escape and illuminating the stage as if the lights were on. Tempus walked to the edge of the balcony and snapped his fingers. "Knights of Pluto, stop those two men. It seems we have kidnappers in our midst. Tantalus shall be stopped today." The Palace guard came from the wood works, surronding the three. Tempus turned his back to stage, taking his walk from the balcony to the stage below. V and the gang have to act smart and fast if they wanted to live with their lives.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Oh no--! Aria gasped as Tempus blasted the stage. She threw her arms over her head as bits and pieces of wood went flying. "We must go!" Aria called out to both V and Cid, her heartbeat picking up as she slightly panicked. We must get out of here at once. She nodded, almost to herself, and stepped back onto a platform.

Kicking the floor lightly, the wood beneath her let go, and Aria fell through the floor. She made her way to the main control room, meeting Blank once there. "Tempus has discovered us!" She alarmed him as she undid her hair, letting the purple curls form a mess on her back.

"Of all the people..." Blank verbally groaned, walking over to a door. Knocking hard, he called out, "We got trouble!"

Almost immediately afterwards, Marcus himself burst through the door, and without a word to either of them, immediately proceeded towards the stage. With a mutual nod, Blank and Aria ran after him, and Aria paused for a moment, watching the two run to the battle. And everything was going so well... She sighed, scratching her head as she looked at the ceiling above.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Well, this was absolutely the worst thing that could happen. But that is why Azriel was brought to this little party. He smiles as he rises to his feet with both of his swords in hand and looks to Cara. "And if I told you that knight was me?" With that he leaps off the stage and slashes horizontally with one of his still sheathed blades before landing in the spot where the guard was once standing. He quickly looks to the group consisting of V, Cid and Aria. It's only then that he notices Tempus walk onto the stage. This was not going to end well. Regardless he pins both of the sheaths to his sides and slams the ends of the two swords together to have them lock into place.

"Get out of here, now! I'll hold them off!"

Azriel just stares at the man radiating power as he tries to figure out the man's power. Despite his own inability to accurately gauge the man, something tells him that Tempus wouldn't see him as a challenge. With this realization fear creeps into Azriel's mind for only a second. He shifts the weight of the weapon in his hands to be held with a single hand behind his back as he holds his free hand towards the rest of the enemies, primarily Tempus. With a confident smile plastered on his face he beckons for the first move to be made, but he counts on the fear of already knocking out one person paralyzes the rest of the guards. But Tempus seems to hold a higher degree of fear over them because each guard moves in the direction of Azriel with the intent to kill. This will be a little hard. If only I could kill them. It would be that much easier.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
"I'm gonna get the flan beat out of me for this..."

The situation...was not looking good. The plan was moving along so smooth, that such a simple derailment was infuriating to V. It was his first big job after his training, and he wanted everything to go by without a hitch. The crowd was distracted. The Queen was distracted. The guards were distracted. If this plan was done a hundred times, just about 99 would be a success. That one time, that 1% of the attempts that failed? That was thanks to Tempus.

Plan A had failed, though half of it worked. They managed to get Princess Aria in their hands. However, they got caught, way before they could even walk off the stage. Tempus was a major problem, the biggest threat to this plan. Baku warned V countless times that with Tempus around, this plan would fail. Thank goodness, then, that Plan B was devised...

Aria was being proactive, warning Blank of the drastic situation. Marcus and Blank arrived to back them up as they escaped, in addition to Cid's master, Azriel, hopping on stage to face Tempus himself. All in all, they were pretty much done for, should they choose to fight. Thus, the only option left, was to resort to flight.

"Blank, Marcus, and Aria, get back into the ship! Tell Baku to get us in the air now!" He knew giving Baku a command would add on to his beating later, but now wasn't the time to worry about that. He ran over to Azriel, hopping over a guard to get to him, and stood in front of him. V placed both of his hands forward and build up magic power without any charge time, a black and red glow each.

"Cid, Azriel, cover your mouths and retreat! Unless you want to get hit as well!" After giving his allies a warning, he just hoped they would do as he asked. Using his Spell Stock before arriving, V fired an instant Sleep spell, aimed at Tempus. However, before it could arrive, V blasted the Fire spell from his other hand, its projectile speed fast enough to contact the Sleep spell in midair.

V covered his mouth with his cloak, dashing back away from the collision of spells. The Fire exploded inside of the Sleep, spreading its effects all over the stage in a dark fog of drowsiness. The guards were dropping to the ground, and the audience in the front rows fell into dreamworld. It was doubtful that Tempus would fall asleep as fast, but stalling was all V could hope for. He followed the others into the ship, hoping they would be able to take off in time before Tempus ruined things for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back