• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Melodies of Life -- Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
With a rather enticing smile, Cara's hands reached under his armor, lightly fiddling with the many straps and clasps keeping it on him until they were released, and each one was gently taken off, put to the side, until it was all off. Crawling back on top of him, she let her hair fall between their faces, getting close so that all they could see was one another.

"That's right. The greatest."

She had replied, her voice barely above a whisper, as if speaking would somehow break the moment, and with each word she got closer and closer to his face. Her eyes slowly closing, her lips slightly parting as she went in for the kiss. To her, it was bliss; despite what was happening outside, it was just the two of them at the moment.

It was their little moment.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
After watching the group for a little bit, and seeing Cid vanish into the tent with Cara, Azriel decides to make himself useful. He turns around and looks for a place to hunt for food, but something else catches his eye. He looks at the pile of wood that Aria has accumulated and notices some things that should always be avoided. With that he walks to the pile and picks up a rather large amount of it. He looks at the wet pieces, the pieces that still had green and even the pieces covered in sap. With these in his hand he walks over to the young woman and smiles as if saying that he can help her out.

"I hate to be the one to tell you, but you need to be careful when choosing firewood. Try to go for the dry pieces that don't have any green leaves of sap. If the leaves are green, that means that there is still water in them. If they don't have leaves, just look on the inside to make sure that it's not green. Same thing for the wood that is still slightly moist. Wood absorbs water so you have to pay careful attention when picking them. Lastly, avoid wood that still has sap. At least for the moment. Add dry wood with sap only after you get the fire going so that you not only add a bit of fuel for when the sap is burned off, but it smells rather nice. But keep trying, my dear. You'll learn eventually. So if you need me, I'll be near the tent setting the wood up."

With that he walks towards tent only to stop roughly ten feet away. He quickly exchanges the wood in his hands for the more desireable wood and starts to stack them in a rather large box formation with what looks like a cone in the center. He quickly strips the bark off of other dry pieces and piles it up under the structure before standing to hunt for rocks to act as a border for the flames. Thanks to the recent events the rocks are easy to find and soon lead to a neat circle around the sticks. He finally looks over to V and says, "When we're ready, can I get you to cast Fire on this wood, please? I'm sorry if this makes you feel like a tenderbox."

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
That tone, that giggle. Signs of a strong friendship, as well as a sign of horrible things to come...

Though, in all honesty, V wouldn't have it any other way with Ali. It meant they were close, the fact they were willing to break the other down in mental and emotional ways. What doesn't kill them, makes them stronger? Yeah, sounds fitting for them...

With good fortune, Ali's retaliation was going to be delayed, for her peppy attitude melted away by the 'dazzling' new guy with the pet dragon. V decided this was his best chance to slip away, as much as he wanted to see Ali screw up having a conversation with this guy. He left the two alone, making his way over to the camp to see if he was needed for anything. Though, he had never set up a true camp, not even in his journeys to train his Black Magic. While traveling across the Mist Continent, V preferred to sleep up in trees, in caves, or behind houses, never being one that slept in a bed of any sort.

His attention focused back on the others, he noticed Cid slipped off into the tent Aria and Cara set up. It was obvious to...everyone...even V, who had just met them not too long ago, that Cara and Cid had a thing going. That Dragoon was wrapped around the Prince's finger, which was fine by V. He was glad the stereotypical 'Prince and Princess' match up wasn't going on, for just as most of Alexandria, V was smitten by the beautiful Princess.

It seems the pampered Princess was tasked with fetching the firewood. Luckily, thanks to Azriel taking notice, the wet, unusable logs were removed, and they had the necessary wood to keep them warm for the night. Upon request, V charged up his magic, his right hand set ablaze, and he launched a Fire spell at the pile set up by Azriel.

"Portable Tinderbox at your service. That should keep us warm for the night." He nodded his head at Cid's mentor, walking over next to Aria and plopping a seat on the ground. He had one leg laying straight out, bottom of his foot facing the fire. His other leg was bent upwards, an arm resting on it. "Hey Princess, enjoying the life of an adventurer so far? Anything like you expected?" V asked, looking up at her direction with a smile. It was then that he realized this was the first time he had a chance to speak with Aria, outside of acting. Such a hectic night they've had...and even crazier ones to follow no doubt.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Hanging her head in defeat, Aria let out a somewhat disappointed sigh as she hugged her knees. Wasn't it all the same? Apparently not, but she didn't give too much thought into it. At the end of the day it'd all end up on the ground, or in ashes, or whatever. It wasn't important. It wasn't! Still, who knew those differences actually mattered? It was then that the mage from earlier sat next to her striking up a conversation.

"It has been quite the night, indeed." Aria replied. "Much like the fiction I've read about in the library, but experiencing it is much more fun!"

"Although I think we should leave as soon as possible, who knows when the soldiers could catch up." She then looked back at the forest, as if pondering something. After a moment of silence, she asked, "Rather curious, isn't it? Petrification, I mean."

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
"Heh, trust me Princess, no book can capture the rush you feel from experiencing an adventure firsthand." The young Mage laughed, her excitement at their current situation was cute. No matter how hard he tried, V could not imagine a life of being cooped up inside a castle, your life predetermined without your consent. Despite the danger present, this night must have felt liberating for her.

"I wouldn't worry about any pursuers right now. We got some good distance by air, they won't catch up to us with the Evil Forest in the way." He reassured her, knowing it'd take a couple days before Queen Brahne could send out anyone of real concern.

"Petrification is strange." He began, flicking a small flame into the fire to heat it up some more. "Almost as if the Forest wanted to take us down with it. I just...hope Tantalus got out fine." That last sentence came out quieter than the others, as V stared into the fire with his full attention. He was worried about them, there is no doubt in that. There wasn't much he could do now though, as he has been ordered to go to Lindblum. All he could do now was have faith.

Snapping back to the campsite, he turned his head to face Aria and flashed her a smile. "Sorry about that, I know they can handle themselves just fine. It's the beating I'm going to get from Baku that has me worried!" A light laugh escaped his mouth, despite knowing full well Baku was gonna destroy him next time they meet. "Anyway, with all of this chaos, I haven't even given you a proper greeting. Name's V, Black Mage of Tantalus, at your service Princess."

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Just for laughs, Ubi Ty dropped to one knee and looked up at Alizarin, his smile beaming with a bit more joy than might have been necessary. "Who me?? I'm the man that has come to sweep a gorgeous woman such as yourself off her feet. A man that loves hard and loves his hardest for you..." Ubi then stood back up and grasped her hand before kissing it softly. "My name is Ubi Ty; Ultima Dragoon."

After his display of fervor for the beautiful Alizarin there was a pause as Ubi began to chuckle at his own actions, hoping that he didn't inadvertently scare away this woman whom he already had a great interest in. He was pleased and satisfied with how he'd been treated so far and if things kept going the way that he hoped they would, this journey might turn out to be anything great and everything he and Gordon needed in life to make amends for their previous actions against the world.

"Meep Meep." Gordon tugged on Ubi Ty's pant leg as the man opened his mouth and started to answer the first inquiry that Alaizarin had made which caused him to stop and stare down at his adorable little dragon comapnion.

With both eyebrows raising in love and amusement, Ubi answered softy and scooped Gordon up in one arm. "Yes?? What is it Gordon, are you tired??" It had skipped Ubi's mind completely that after all the running and trying to safely escape the forest that his dragon might have been exhausted. Instead of making any more noises or even mentally replying all Gordon did was snuggle his head down into the right side of Ubi Ty's chest and his eyes then closed. "Aww...isn't that lovely."

His attention then turned back to Alizarin, "Well for starters I feel that the world is falling into a bit more turmoil than it needs to and certain people around the world want change. I can tell that you are one of those people and so are the others here." This group alone had just about every type of personality that Ubi liked and what was even better was the fact that none of them disliked him so far, so why not travel with them and see just what could happen if he stayed with them??

"I such cases that those around me need help or wish to be protected I will always be willing to oblige. It might have a lot to do with my former position as a dragoon and that high position or other but I can't exactly explain it to you with words. I just can really FEEL the good in you people and for what that's worth I want to be around all of you."

Gordon began snoring near immediately as he then fell asleep listening to the explanation that was given to Alizarin. At the same time, the dragon's body started to shine faintly with a red light that seemed to trail off into the soft breeze that had been blowing over the clearing for some time.

Ubi winked at Alizarin, "Soooooo....what's on your mind darling??"

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Alizarin​

Ubi got on one knee, looked Alizarin right in the eyes, and took her hand. By now, her entire body was frozen still. She couldn’t even mutter out a single word because she was so overcome with nerves that it was like she was immobilized or something like that. However, it didn’t stop there. As if she wasn’t nervous enough, but what Ubi said really stroke a certain something in her body.

Ubi went on to say stuff like how he’s a man who has come to sweep Ali right off of her feet. Furthermore, he went as much to say that he loves hard for her. At this point, Ali was about to faint, but she collected herself at the last minute. She didn’t want to appear to be some weakling that faints every time some hot guy professes his love to her. No, she wanted to be able not to faint. However, what he did next was going to test her to the fullest.

Ubi kissed Ali’s hand.

Her entire body was melting, and throughout this entire ordeal, she only could mutter out one thing.

“eeeep”

Her tone was so high, it was kind of a screeching kind of ‘eep’.

It was a good thing Ali was able to collect herself, she noticed the little pet dragon that Ubi had. Even though she’s kind of terrified of dragons, this one was sort of cute. Even more so when it snuggled to Ubi and just fell asleep on his shoulder. how sweet.

The attention came back to Ali as Ubi began to explain his reasons for going on this journey. The whole notion of change was really what everyone wanted, but everyone was afraid of change. Ali listened to what he had to say, and through some weird way, he knew exactly what this whole ‘kidnapping’ was about.

Intensively listening to literally every word he had to say, Ali heard the sincerity of Ubi’s voice. His words reeked of a mixture of pain, and a weird sense of comfort. Ali could emphasize with him on this particular subject. Wanting to make change in the world.

“Change is all we ever want..” Ali murmured.

After the serious moment had passed, Ubi surprised Ali with a suggestive wink, and even more so, his tone was even more suggestive.

“Oh, nothing much.” She quickly responded, fiddling with her fingers.

Trying not to show another moment of her nervs, Ali shook them off with a simple head shake. “It’s nothing really, but a part of me is worried that the guards might find us. It’s not like I can’t handle myself in a battle, but the princess..” In light of everything, Ali knew that the princess was the typical royalty. She had little to no experience in battle. Even with all of the strong warriors including Ali protecting the princess, she’s going to need to know how to defend herself. “I’m just worried that she might be too dependant on all of us if the situation arises that we’re not able to protect her completely, y’know?”

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"It is a great pleasure to meet you, V." Aria brushed herself off as she stood up, giving a proper curtsey. "As you know, I am Aria 'til Alexandros IX. A proper lady always introduces herself after someone else does." She explained the unneeded intro, and immediately sat back down. "Of course, that doesn't matter now, does it? I mean, out here, it's more about what you can do and whether or not you can survive on your own..." Her voice trailed off slightly as she looked at the night sky. What you can do. I couldn't do anything to help Mother, could I...? After all, it's Uncle Cid that has helped me so far. I can't do much on my own.

"I can take care of myself." Aria suddenly blurted out as she tucked a hair behind her ear, suddenly getting quite vocal. She cleared her throat, giving an apologetic smile in return. "I--It's not as if I'll be entirely useless, I can assure you that much." Her tone got a bit quiet, but she was clearly getting excited about the topic. "I have studied White Magic quite extensively, as my magic is naturally at a rather prominent level. Not to boast, but my healing abilities are my pride."

A wide grin plastered itself on the princess' face, and her attention was entirely on the Mage. It was, well, nice. Someone to actually talk to whenever Cid wasn't around. Maids and servants are given orders, but actual interaction? It was something of a refreshing taste for her, and she was getting eager to continue the conversation. Still, maybe she was talking too much? After all, she should ask him for his opinion, from one Mage to another.

"I'd love to hear your opinion." She stated as she concluded her rather sporadic thoughts.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
The Black Mage gave out a light laugh at the Princess's actions and speech. She was a fun one, full of life and excited for adventure no doubt. At first, V was worried with how well royalty would work together with thieves, but it has turned out fine for now. She'd have to work on her acting though, for her mannerism stuck out like a sore thumb among the common folk. Aria was brimming with a bright smile as she asked her question, V smiling in return as her expression was both adorable and warming.

"My opinion?" V replied, tilting his head upward, glancing up at the night sky as his face hidden by his hat most of the time was revealed. His aquamarine eyes gazed in thought for a moment, before he turned his attention back to Aria in reply. "Magic is an amazing thing, isn't it? White Magic even more so than Black Magic, I believe. You have the power to heal people, to lessen their pain, and to restore life in them. It's easy to use magic to bring harm to others, it's an unstable essence in the wrong hands. But you, you're able to focus magic on other people, and do good for them."

His mouth formed a small smirk, his eyes locked onto her's before continuing. "That's a gift, one only matched by your kindness, and beauty, I'd say."

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Ali was kinda happy to hear that the princess wouldn't be dead weight in this whole journey. It's not like she didn't know that her royalty didn't know how to defend herself, but based on the customary traditions of the Castle she came from, Ali had her suspicions. Ubi seems to tell that she is not gonna be dead weight, but only time can tell.

"Yeah you're right." Ali gleefully smiled shrugging off the fact that she's still doubtful.

In the last thirty, possibly hour, Ali found herself becoming more comfortable with Ubi. She might go as far to say that she can be more open and more herself around him. There's still this nervousness, but Ali has no idea what it could be. She's not sure whether it's the nervousness of what's going to happen with the princess and how the group kidnapped her or whether it's just this tingling feeling she has in her gut.

She got sidetracked for a bit. Ali almost missed what Ubi said, but then this might be the cause of the butterflies as Ubi went on to say how he'll always be there for her, and pretty much being her hero. She ain't gonna put on a poker face, Ali didn't really dig the romantic side of things. However, she was enjoying this, and she wanted to see how'd things would end up with him as he felt the same, she was sure.

"Okay hot stuff, you got a deal." Said Ali winking and grabbing a feel on Ubi's rock-hard abs. That melting sensation came back.

After her craziness had passed, Ubi turned into a serious McSerious for a moment. Ubi asked Ali if she wanted to know about his powers, as well he wanted to know about hers. She was hesitant to him her "special" powers. Ali doesn't even like using as it shows a sign of weakness on her part.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind hearing what kinds of stuff you got strutting in that beautiful body of yours." she said flirtatiously. "I doubt you want to know about mine.."

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
10 hours later......

The commotion for the other day was long pass and the morning sun assured that this new day would be excellent. The night passed quickly and everyone seemed to be well rested, even Ubi and Cid who were up half the night training. Maybe those two had come up with something new or just got closer as companions. Whatever the case, it was a much better idea to come closer within the group if they hoped to survive their next obstacle.....the Ice Caves. It was the best way to get to Dali but, by far the most dangerous path. It was below freezing, filled with monsters and confusing since most paths looked the same.

The group made a full stop within the entrance of the caves, sunlight just barely grazing the icy walls. A prism-like shine was given off causing within the entrance. It was a beautiful sight to behold and Cid just smiled. He remember seeing this when he and Azriel had to come here for the prince's training. Something that would probably catch on, Cid was the lead of the group. He shivered from the cold as he sat on a rock. "Man it's so cold in here. Hey Aria come help me stay warm." A bright smile crossed his face before his attention was stolen. One small creature with the appearance of pudding slowly slid along the ice, stopping several feet away from Cid. "Hey look pudding." Cid exclaimed. An insult upon Flan, the creature did not take that nicely. Sounds of crushing ice whizzed by Cid's ears liek a spell was charging.

Looked up to see a largce block of ice above his head. A shriek flew from Cid's mouth as he jumped out the way and landing on his butt. A single sweat bead ran down his face while the creature began slinking away with it's chest high. Quick to his feet, Cid dusted himself off and commented, "Maybe we should keep moving. hehe." He scratched his head while looking the other way.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Azriel sighs at the display put on by Cid and decides to let him off with a little light punishment. No matter how strong you are you never call a Flan pudding. So with that he smacks the young man against the back of his head as he walks by. But Cid did make him remember something. Azriel looks around the area keeps both swords in a position that would make them ready to be used at a moment's notice. He quickly sends a shiver down his body to allow the vibrations to help keep his body warm before he turns towards the others and notices that they don't really seem to be dressed for a place like this.

"It might be best to get through here as quickly as possible. Princess Aria and some of the others aren't exactly dressed for this weather. They might get cold pretty fast."

With that he continues a bit deeper into the cave as he thinks of how Cid might be acting as the leader, but he would rather take point through this cave. He's not sure about the experience of the others, but he does know that between the experience he does know of, he has the most. And there's never any telling what one could find in a place like this. In truth he even found a fire based creature wandering these caves once when he was younger. Ah the days of a soldier. He fondly recalls his youth and this even brings up the memories of his Chocobo waiting on him back home.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Aria herself was freezing; Cid's offer was sounding real good at the moment but for now she would grit her teeth and bare with it. After all, it was the Ice Caverns--and it was truly a sight to behold. The ice itself resembled multicolored gems, each shining and bouncing light off one another. Wandering over to one of the many frozen bundles, she inspected it carefully. It would have been lovely to take a part with her.

She then turned her attention to the prince, who had fled rather ungracefully from a flan. As she laughed, Azriel spoke. She didn't mind too much; as much as she would love to stay and study a bit more, she was still freezing. Taking in a deep breath, Aria tore herself away from the ice and sighed. "I am fine for the moment, but I agree."

Cara let out a rather loud sneeze, sniffing as she let out a small wail. "Let's stop talking and actually move." She whined, cold, hungry, and cold. Especially cold. She absolutely loathed being cold above else, and her mind wandered off to a beach on a faraway island that would keep her nice and toasty. Ah, if only.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"I guess its a good thing that even though we're all in a cold place like this, I don't have to suffer. It sure does pay to be part dragon at times cause it looks to me like a lot of yall are totally freezing." Ubi pointed out the obvious, many of the group whom had entered the cave were either shivering, or complaining in some fashion but not to the point where it was a serious issue. It had been several hours since what had occurred the night before, which was quite a bit of a surprise for Ubi.

He didn't sleep much, it was something that as a tampered being he'd lost the actual need to do over a certain period of time. Even so, it was still a feat that confused him more than other things in the world that rarely made sense, as Gordon still slept and more often it seemed at times than he was awake.

For the time being there were two pressing things on Ubi Ty's mind, both which concerned him greatly. The first was that he had been up many hours during the night and this had resulted in him wanting to train and gain more flawless use of his magic so that in the future he'd be able to use it more effortlessly and also maintain his trance state without too much tax on his body. His greatest ability using trance wasn't that of power or what he could do with it but the simply fact of entering his trance state at any given time.

"I'm pretty sure that Cid saw me, but he didn't act like anything was up." At the last possible second, Ubi had transformed back into his normal form and continued to train alongside Cid, whom obviously having the same idea as he, was up for some late night training. With those thoughts on the top of his mind, another thing was bothering Ubi. The caves were a lot colder than they should have been, it was almost like since they'd entered the caves the temperature was continuing to decrease.

Ubi looked up. "What the hell??" A giant pillar of ice crashed down into the group...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Given the day the group had, to assume that Ali had a good night of sleep, would be less-than correct. Ali had spent most of the time with Ubi. Most of that time spent with him was getting to know him, having some good moments, and before they all hit the hay, she showed him his Trance. It probably wasn’t as strong as it could have been, but Ali saw enough to make a good estimate. Of what she did see, she saw a more dragonic appearance to him. She was even more surprised at what happened to his hair. It was a golden shade, and it spiked up. When she first saw that, Ali almost fainted.

Though Ali did see an impressive feat of Ubi, she knew there was more, but sadly it was cut short due to the fact that Ubi broke off to train with Cid, whom of which was prompting a Flan by insulting it. Ali had thought that princes were supposed to be smart. If that was the case, then why was he so stupid as to bluntly deem the Flan pudding. Even Ali knows not to taunt a Flan like that. Ali knew the ice attack would come, and Cid, with embarrassment in full-effect, dodged it. However, he didn’t stick his landing as he landed hard on his keester.

“How’d that feel, dumbass?” Ali said laughing mildly.

The farther the group moved into the cave, the colder, and dimmer the light got. Not like the light in the cave itself didn’t prove to have a solid brightness to it, but it didn’t really add any source of heat. While shivering her ass off, Ali couldn’t help but still laugh at the misfortune at Cid. Then she heard Azriel speak about how some of the members of the group weren’t dressed for the cold weather. For some reason, Ali knew he was talking about her. She sulked on that thought.

Soon after her ‘episode’ was done, she caught up to the group, ending up walking about three feet behind Ubi, who at this time just now noticed there was a chunk of ice coming down on the group. Ali surely didn’t want the group to get iced, so she had to do something.

Gripping her Ninja-to, Ali used her Shadow Strike technique. By accelerating her movements with Haste, Ali jumped off the walls of the cave, and using her ability of acrobatics, Ali was able to dice up the ice with a series of slashes of all directions. What remained of the chuck of ice was just little pebbles that felt like snow if anything else.

When the ice ceased, Ali found herself free falling from the air, and in a scenario that Ubi wasn’t directly below her, her ass would meet the cold ground like what happened to Cid. However, that is not the case. The real scenario was that Ubi was there to catch her, and it was in a rather romantic position. Ubi caught her In his arms to where her arms found themselves locked around his neck, and her back and legs being supported by his arms..his manly arms. Her head was met by Gordon’s cute nose tickling her face.

“Oh my..” Ali bashfully said, “well this is awkward.”

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"Plus one for the ninja!" Cara cheered absentmindedly, her voice echoing for a moment afterwards. A few seconds passed before the caverns responded with a low rumble, followed by what looked like shards of crystal falling from the ceiling. From the corner of her eye something sparkled and caught her attention. Following said sparkle, she spotted a pillar with a block of ice on top.

To her surprise, a moogle was inside, completely frozen. Cara poked the ice as she wondered how to get it out. "The poor thing is completely encased in ice..." Aria's eyes widened as her heart dropped, hovering near the moogle.

"No problem." Cara whipped out her spear, raising it above her head. "Just one hit and--"

"Nooo! You'll shatter it into a million tiny pieces and kill it!" Aria waved her arms frantically as she leapt between the frozen Moogle and Cara. Stopped inches before the princess' face, the knight gave her a glare as she put her weapon away. She wasn't serious. Well, she was, but she didn't think of the whole 'break the ice and kill the moogle' thing.

"We must save it!" Aria looked to the rest of the group, puppy eyes galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back