• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Melee] Tournament Final Round ~ LS vs MoTo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
MasterofTerraOblivion - [Ko'Gashi]

Laughing Stock - [Decius]

~

Last round in that 'truly epic' melee tourney thing. Ah, well. What it lacked in the other two rounds this, perhaps, will make up for. Eh, but I digress. Whenever yer ready, Moto.

Last edited:

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Ah, well. What it lacked in the other two rounds this, perhaps, will make up for.

What it lacked? You mean an actual battle? Anyways, good luck to you both.

Awards
If we're gonna have an (probably) epic battle, we need an (probably) epic location: the peak of the Tower of Babel should do nicely. I'll assume for now that you at least have some idea of what the Tower is (or was, or should be or whatever) and won't require me to elaborate any further... but I still insist that you make the first post. My character won't make sense if he can't see his opponent from the beginning. It ain't because I'm creatively deficient at the moment... <.< >.>

Perception╘Truth

Deception is Truth, Verity is Lying
Awards
In and out of what is real and what is true
kircherbabel.jpg

This version good?

Post sometime tonight

Perception╘Truth

Awards
Oh. sorry, was waiting for you to tell me that my location was ok. I'll post in a moment.

IC: Ko'Gashi was sucked suddenly into an ancient world, his shadow appearing first and then dragging his physical body into the realm. He looked around, surveying the landscape. He seemed to be atop a tower, stretching miles above the surronding area. It seemed to still be in construction, but no one seemed to be working. Ko'Gashi grinned, then flipped one of his knives from his belt. He swung it around his finger, then caught its grip and cut a quick scar in the stone.

He felt a bubble in his shadowy scar and decided to summon a shadow imp to work as a scout to find his enemy when he arrived. It gurgled, then lept off towards the ground. "Stupid git!!" It screamed as it fell, then a long tentecale of shadow from Ko'Gashi caught it and returned it to the spiralling staircase far below. It began to hurry its way up the side of the tower, its long claws causing sparks to fly from the stone.

"Where are you, my opponent?" Ko'Gashi yelled aloud, his strong, smooth voice reverberating across the small city below.

Last edited:
Awards
OOC: Ahh, I see. I apologise for being presumptious. The image is good, too. I had tried finding an image of it as well, but never saw that one.

IC: Indeed, Ares was not pleased, a dark glower marring the natural beauty that was typical of all gods as he glared at the tower before him. But the tower, for all its effrontery towards the gods, was not what had offended him. Indeed, he had secretly applauded humanities courage in attempting to match that which they never could. What had offended him was the young man who would soon grace this arena atop the Tower of Babel. That Roman scum that had slain his chosen prophecy still lived, against all odds, regardless of who or what he fought.

But he would not win this duel, Ares mused to himself as he fixed his calculating eyes on the opponent he had prepared. This creature he had selected, Ko'Gashi, was beyond anything this Roman would have ever fought before. However, so too were the last opponents he had selected. Indeed, the human seemed to have a rather worrisome knack for resourcefulness when facing overwhelming odds. Perhaps he may even have to deal with the human himself...

But that would be at another place, and at another time. So, for now, beyond sight and sound and with his arms folded, he waited for the battle to begin.

- -

Decius barely had time to wipe the blood of his defeated opponent – a strange, purple creature that seemed more beast than man – off on its fur or to check his armour before he was hurled through yet another hole that seemed to defy both time and space. Dragged from the blistering desert he had battled, he now suddenly found himself atop a tower of some sort, landing hard on his sandaled feet as the teleport left him several yards above the rough stone of the towers summit.

Decius had been nothing more than a lowly Roman Hastati, and as such had been outfitted as one. In his left hand he clutched a spear, crudely made yet still effective, and a large shield known as a scutum held in his right. At each side of his waist there was a short sword kept in a leather scabbard, a gladius, and strapped to his left thigh was a small dagger with a small pouch full of throwing darts, each one with the tip coated in a poison that slowly fatigued an opponent without they’re knowing it, a poison that continued to function until the unfortunate creature struck could barely pull together the effort to keep breathing. He had come across this powerful poison when he fought against another strange creature, a beast that had oozed the poison if he had so much as scratched it. A rather difficult battle, that had been, but he had prevailed. He had always prevailed, although he was still unsure how long this would go on.

Provided Ares continued to ensure there was as little foul play as possible, however, Decius believed it possible he could keep this up for as long as it was necessary. For, even as Decius had emerged from the portal created to this tower battleground, all of the wounds sustained with the previous creature had been healed, as well as all weapons that had been lost or broken as a result of battle. It was strange, to consider the God of War as a merciful being, or perhaps he merely wished for a battle more substantial than a weakened man could provide. Regardless of the reasons, Decius continued to fight creatures that by all rights should have slain him, and managed to emerge victorious. He could not help but wonder if the results would be the same this time.

Turning his cold hazel eyes on his opponent, Decius cocked an eyebrow in surprise. He had not yet fought an opponent that was human, or at least provided the illusion that it was. He had seen humans on this kind before in the gladiatorial arenas when he was a child, men from a distant land, he had been told. Perhaps this opponent was one such man.

His eyes quickly surveying his opponent before he made his move, Decius took notice of the man’s weapons; a pair of small daggers, one of which he held in his hand. They appeared exotic and cruelly made, perhaps some amount of insight to his opponents personality. There were also two other blades, one with an ornate sheath and a crimson tassel whilst the other had a milky-white hilt with a brown double-spiral. Extravagant hilts made for extravagant weapons made for extravagant people, Decius chided silently. This man was no true warrior, merely some foppish nobleman with delusions of grandeur. But… Ares had chosen him. He must remain wary.

Shifting his stance into a more defensive position, Decius brought his spear back behind him, bringing his hand closer to the point. He held the spear close to his side and behind the shield, preparing himself for any sudden attacks. His eyes kept focused on his opponents movements; he refused to allow himself to be outmanoeuvred at any costs. For all the pretentiousness afforded his swords, Decius remained wary of the daggers. His opponent held them as though he knew how to use them, and they appeared deadly enough without being in the hands of a professional. Perhaps this man was not the ostentatious fop he had presumed.

Now, properly prepared for any sudden charge, Decius watched his opponent mutely.

OOC: Ugh, bad post... -_- I would have had him talk, but I have a bad connection right now and I'd need a Latin translator. I also would have put more emphasis on his appearance and so forth, but I have too much to do right now. I'll see what I can do when it comes round to the second post...

Last edited:

Perception╘Truth

Awards
OOC: Don't feel bad, mine always suck, I can't find a good way to make mine long and superflous. Oh, and the imp was for comedic effect, its not here for any other reason.

IC: Ko'Gashi turned to the sudden noise and found a man in what seemed to be anicient armor. It went well with the scene. He held a spear and a large sheild as well as a short sword, dagger, and what looked to be darts of somesort. He would have to be wary of those. The man was eyeing Ko'Gashi's belt, where each of his daggers were strapped carefully. "So, you like my friends, do you? The gold one..." Ko'Gashi slid his first dagger into its sheath and drew the long sharp blade from its sheath. "Is Tyveri." He became some intricate hand movements with the blade, and then he slid it back into its sheath.

"The silver blade is Furtar, the blade of mentallity." He drew the thin, silvery blade and began to weave it between his fingers. He watched the blades silver arc from his side, and he hoped the young warrior would too. Finally he slid it back into its sheath and redrew one of the Kerambit. He then threw aside his great black cloak, and the Nemean fur underneath. "To make it a fair fight, my new friend." Then he pulled the other Kerambit free and fell into a defensive position. The blades shone in the light as the conflict of wills began.

Awards
After observing his opponents’ reaction to his sudden appearance, a reaction that was far too offhand for Decius’ taste, Decius found himself thinking differently of his opponent. No longer did he think of this dark-skinned warrior as a fool aristocrat with but barely a notion in his head, but his fresh observations were by no means altogether flattering. Although he did, indeed, appear competent with his chosen weapons, he appeared under the unfortunate misconception that a fight was a contest of skill and not of luck or wit. Of course, skill was a valuable asset on a battlefield, but the line between life and death was far too fine for it to be a deciding factor. It had been this sagacious mindset that had kept Decius alive. It was fortunate to know his opponent favoured a more brazen path as a warrior. It could allow him to end this battle as quickly as possible.

Alas, however, it seemed this opponent was at least wise enough not to make the first move. Unfortunate but, as Decius considered, not particularly threatening. His opponent, for all his skill with daggers, appeared to be forgetting the shortcomings of such weapons. Namely, Decius was in possession of a weapon with superior reach and a shield which could easily deflect a dagger attack. What he lost in speed he made up for in almost total frontal invincibility.

Considering the distance between he and his opponent and judging from the instability of this uncompleted section of the tower, Decius slowly walked towards his opponent, his body up to below his eyes kept under his shield as he advanced while the spear was brought forward, past the shield and held a small distance from his waist.

Clearing the distance between the two of them quickly, Decius paused but ten feet from his opponent, giving him an opportunity to scrutinize the enemy that had not been possible from his previous distance due to insufficient moonlight. He noted the armour his opponent seemed to possess, armour that covered most vitals and offered an envious amount of protection. There was also the crown that sat upon his brow. It was nothing but a fanciful indulgence, something Decius need not concern himself with.

Now, suddenly thinking back on what his opponent had said, Decuis realized he hadn’t understood a word of it. He had been concentrating too hard on spotting any weaknesses that he did not even listen to what was said. But, Decius thought with a grin of sudden amusement, there were some things that could be understood, no matter what language.

Shifting his shield aside for now, Decius extended his spear towards his opponent, the tip aimed at his chest. “Tu,” he called out, his clear voice cutting through the silence atop this tower. Decuis then brought the spear back and, twisting the hand that held the spear slightly, brought the tip of the spear lightly across his neck, avoiding any chance of cutting his throat but sending a message loud and clear.

“…volo abeo!”

Quickly shifting back behind his shield as he brought his spear into its original position, Decius let out a deep laugh, his cold eyes focused on his opponent for any hint of a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back