• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Mega Man X4 - Reploid Wars.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailikku1

Awards
Yadda yadda yadda for all the works still in hiatus, mainly because of Schoolwork and such. But I did just cook this one up today.
The year is 21XX. The location is Abel City. It had only been mere months after the events of the Erasure Incident on Laguz Island and the destruction of the Limited parasite. But at what cost was there to celebrate the return of the heroic Maverick Hunters X and Zero?

Upon their return from battle against Σ Limited, X received grave news: Dr. Cain was dying. X hurried to the residence of his old friend, attached to a life support machine, a slow beep was beginning to show signs of dying.
"Doctor!"
"X… you've arrived…"
"I know… I can't stand seeing you die!"
"Don't worry about me X… I've seen a lot of action around here lately…"
"Yeah, I know… I was the center of the action time and again." X grew uncomfortable with these words: Every time X was called to action against the Mavericks, Sigma was usually behind everything. Maverick crime rates had been increasing still after Sigma's 5th defeat, even though Repliforce had just been established to help the Maverick Hunters.
Cain sighed. "And how is Iris doing?" The doctor spoke of the young Navi that helped with Zero during the Erasure incident. "She's getting along well with Zero, although her brother, the Colonel, is still being a bit too protective." That was certainly true. Iris' brother was the Colonel of Repliforce, the second-in-command to the General. He was a tall figure that bore some resemblance to Signas, the up and coming new leader to the Maverick Hunters. "He worries too much… of course that comes from the two being born of the same project: to replicate your unlimited potential." Another truth; Iris and the Colonel were once two distinct AIs of a prototype Reploid that would emulate X's decision-making abilities. Problems came about when the scientists realized that the AIs were too different, and thus ultimately considered irreconcilable. The scientists then split the prototype into two bodies befitting their distinct AIs. For the AI of a strong-willed fighter, the Colonel was created. The AI of a peace-loving arbitrator was given the body of a girl, Iris to be exact.

The pulses began to slow, causing X to worry. But Dr. Cain simply chuckled. "Your worrying shows potential, X, not weakness… But in your case it may be the beginning of the connection between robots and humankind." X smiled a bit. He himself had a reputation to live up to, being the magnum opus of the late Dr. Thomas Xavier Light, renown roboticist and creator of X's older siblings, 16 of whom were Robot Masters, one was a maid, one was the first robot ever made (earning the title of Proto Man), and the last was X's namesake Mega Man, Defender of the Human Race.

The pulse began to die, as Dr. Cain began his final breaths. "I've extended my life as long as possible to see it all play out, but it looks like I won't be around long enough, now…. Reploids... created by human beings... yet possessing abilities far beyond our own..." With these final words, the human doctor died.

And X cried…

Funeral services were held the next day as all of Abel City wept for their beloved scientist. It was a rainy day, continuing long into the night. The General received a message during the wake to meet at a government building. That night, the general arrived at the building and was encountered with a cloaked figure with a scythe-like weapon.
"I am glad you got my message, General."
"Who are you?"
"My name is not important. But was is important has to do with these outbreaks."
The General's interest piqued. He himself was a human sympathizer and advocate for Reploid peace. "What about the outbreaks?"
"It's about the Maverick Hunters, General. They are far too eager to please the humans and continue to hunt down the Reploids. Do you believe they pose a significant threat?"
He said nothing. Was this some sort of way to sway him to the side of a Maverick?
"You already know the truth, General! Their sole mission has been to destroy any Reploids who fail to do as the humans order. It is in your best interest to stop them now, before they turn on you. You possess enough power to destroy them!!"
"You are dismissed."
"What?!"
"I will not betray the humans. Remove yourself from my sight. My business with you has concluded."
The figure turned and exited the building. But not before he chuckled one last threat. "You will change your mind soon. I assure you..."

Mega Man X4: Repliforce

Tailikku1

Awards
Intro Stage: Sky Lagoon
A few days had passed since the funeral. In that time the Hunters gained and lost a few members to their cause of justice. Among them was Iris, who at the behest of her brother, joined Repliforce. She bore no ill intentions to Zero. All at once an alarm blared over Maverick Hunter HQ. On the main screen, a terrifying image appeared. It was the Sky Lagoon, a city populated by Reploids, under attack from Mavericks. X was the first to arrive on the scene at HQ. Zero however was preoccupied.
Zero woke with a shock in a capsule, a silhouette of a man with wild hair appeared before him. "Zero…"
"Who are you?"
"My masterpiece!"
"But... who are you?"
"Destroy the blue one! He is my nemesis. Our rivalry is what gives me motivation in life. Now go! Destroy him! That's an order."
"Wait!"
A sharp ring entered Zero's preceptors as he clutched his head. Images flashed before him: the man, impaled Reploids, a pre-Maverick Sigma screaming in pain, and his own hands covered in blood. And then…

Emergency, Emergency! All Maverick Hunters on call should assemble immediately!
The whole ordeal was a nightmare, a familiar one that kept appearing in Zero's thoughts. He headed off to the Command Room and met up with X.
"Alia, what did you find?" X was referring to a new recruit to the Hunters, a former researcher from Dr. Gate's lab, leaving on terms about a conspiracy surrounding her colleague. "The Mavericks occupied the Sky Lagoon using the most advanced weapons available! The army appears to be the Repliforce!"
"Repliforce? That can't be right…"

The two of them warped off to Sky Lagoon, fighting their way through Mechaniloids and other manner of Maverick. They finally found the main building in the Sky Lagoon. Upon entry they were met with a familiar Reploid.
"Magma Dragoon?"
"What are you doing? Aren't you in the 14th Unit?"
Dragoon turned around. "This doesn't look good you two… A Maverick came and took out the power."
"What?! Then the Sky Lagoon will... come crashing to the ground!"
"Yes, and destroy the entire city."
Zero shook his fist. "We have to do something!"
"It's too late. It's time I made my escape. You'd best do the same." The dragon Reploid teleported out of the building. X turned to Zero. "The city below will soon become a sea of flames. Many people will perish..."
"Damnit! If the Sky Lagoon falls it will be disastrous! There's no time."
The heroes teleported away and watched in horror as the city was destroyed.
"The carnage... It's... horrible…" "They were innocent people... Those Mavericks will pay for this!"

The heroes blasted and slashed their way through the rubble, hoping to find any survivors. Just then they heard a young voice cough. They turned around to find Iris, looking bruised. Zero rushed over to help. "What are you doing here? Are you okay!?"
"Zero... did you come to save me?"
"Yes. Hang on!"
"A huge Maverick appeared and..."
"Stay here, Iris. I'll handle it!"
"Hate to burst your bubble, Zero, but here it comes!"
A large green draconic Mechaniloid appeared. The built-in scanners in the Hunters recognized it as Iregion. It had a damage rating of 48, with an attack power of 19. X kept his distance firing from his X buster, while Zero slashed at the beast with his Z-Saber. Within minutes of fighting, the monster exploded.

"Iris! Are you alright?"
It was the Colonel, finally arriving on the scene. "Who are you?" "X, show some respect! That's the Colonel of Repliforce."
"Zero! Long time no see."
"Indeed Colonel. But why are you here?"
"I've come to save my sister Iris. I only hope she's okay."
"She's fine, but she was wounded by Iregion. We've just finished rescuing her."
"Oh? Thanks, lads I owe you one..."
X broke the conversation. "Colonel… Has Repliforce been occupying this area?"
"What?"
"Did your unit attack this place?"
"What are you talking about? Repliforce came here for help. We weren't involved in the attack!"
"Nevertheless, I want you to disarm and follow me back to the H.Q. There were reports of a Maverick attacking Sky Lagoon before it fell."
"I'm afraid I can't. Soldiers never drop their weapons! I won't do it, not even for you, Zero, or even you X, despite your status as a hero!"
"If you don't, then you'll be branded as a Maverick!"
"So be it! Repliforce would sooner fight and die than discard our pride. Consider us Mavericks if this is what you wish! Farewell…"
Zero shouted to the Colonel, but he vanished.
"Damn it! This isn't good Colonel! They may decide the entire Repliforce is a group of Mavericks! Why did you do that X?!"
"I have a strange feeling that this may have been an inside job… Something's got to give. Otherwise the entire Repliforce will be considered to be Mavericks!"
Zero sighed. "I hope you're right X." Zero turned to Iris and they teleported back to HQ.

The next morning, the General made a grand speech to his soldiers.
"Brave soldiers of Repliforce, we have all been wrongfully judged as Mavericks by the humans. We cannot suffer this indignity and live in disgrace. We will build our own nation of Reploids. But remember, this is neither about insurrection, or rebellion against our human creators. This is about our liberty and security. We must battle for our own individual rights, and our own survival. Together we will build our own nation, a sanctuary for all Reploids, our own Utopia. Let us forge onward towards a new golden era for Repliforce."
The army burst into cheers, hushing when the Colonel stepped up to the podium. "I, too, share the General's sentiment. Take heed, we have no other choice. Let us fight vehemently, with courage and pride, without fear—for we are Repliforce. The most powerful army in history!"
All of Repliforce cheered. Elsewhere, the cloaked figure watched from a balcony. He took his hood down, revealing him to be the enemy of Reploid-kind, Sigma. The Maverick leader chuckled, reveling in victory. "The General has finally taken action! And now, Maverick Hunters, what will you do? I'll be watching closely from here on out."

News of the Repliforce rebellion spread like wildfire, eventually reaching Hunter Base. Even though Iris was still sympathetic to her brother and to Repliforce, she stayed behind with the Hunters. Alia arrived at Command center with a portly yellow Reploid who resembled a football player.
"Alia, who is this?"
"X, this is a new recruit." "Call me Double, the rookie hunter. Sir, Repliforce has begun its coup!"
Zero stepped in to give his two cents. "I know... They've occupied several cities already. As Hunters, we must stop them." Iris protested. "Please don't fight against my brother! This must be some kind of mistake!"
Alia pulled up a map showing where Maverick attacks were going on, including ones from members of Repliforce.
"Our jungle contacts have seen Web Spider, one of our former members turned Repliforce soldier, working on some sort of weapon. A bug has corrupted the network. This is possibly the work of the Maverick program Cyber Peacock. A Repliforce ship has just taken off, led by Storm Owl. We have also found that Magma Dragoon has declared himself a Maverick and is hiding within Mt. Fuji. Locate and bring him back to hunter H.Q. Jet Stingray has decimated a city and is now attempting to escape, pursue him on one of our Land Chasers. An abandoned bio lab has suddenly become operational again. There are signs of Maverick activity led by one of Sigma's experiments, Split Mushroom. Slash Beast, one of Repliforce's generals, has begun a string of cargo trains carrying weapons, we need to cut him off. Frost Walrus has been sighted protecting the development of a secret weapon, find and halt the production."

The hunters took in all that was said. X finally spoke. "Zero, I think the two of us should split up. You take on the members of Repliforce, while I hunt the traitors and Mavericks." Iris turned to her hero, and Zero gave an upset look. "I'm sorry Iris…" The two Hunters teleported away.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Poor Iris. Not only did she get hurt, she has to worry about her brother getting hurt, because someone has turned traitor and the Repliforce is being branded rebellious. I don't know much about Mega Man in all honesty, but I did enjoy reading both chapters of it so far. :)

Tailikku1

Awards
X Chapter 2: Web Spider
X touched down in a river. As soon as he analyzed the situation, be began to dash his way with the current, blasting Mechaniloids along the way. He came to a shaft, lined with Octopus Batteries. He carefully climbed down dodging the batteries, but then he noticed an opening in the wall. He jump-dashed into the alcove and found a familiar sight: It was a Light Capsule. Upon approaching the capsule, X made a small prayer to the man who created him. The ghost of Dr. Light appeared. "This war should never have happened, X... Why must Reploids fight each other? Why do these peace keepers persist in fighting each other?" "But Father… even worse is that your successor, Dr. Cain has passed on." Dr. Light paused and sighed. "This must be some sort of mistake..." "It is no mistake. I was there when he gave his last breath." Dr. Light paused.

"X, enter this capsule. Equip with this to discover the truth. Stop this tragic war as soon as possible, X." X did as he was told and immediately, his boots changed to a magnificent white and gold color. "Equip with this boot module and jump twice in the air to hover. You can move either left or right and will remain airborne for a few moments. It is effective for negotiating through higher and more dangerous terrain." The ghost vanished. X tested his new ability, hovering a few feet above the ground. He continued down the river, blasting more Mechaniloids. He soon came to a waterfall spanning a yawning chasm.

"I don't think these new kicks are going to help me cross that chasm, even if I try a jump dash…" That's when X saw a log roll down the water. Thinking quickly, he jumped from log to log, crossing the chasm, before making it to another Octopus Battery-lined shaft. He finally made it to the top, but found himself surrounded by Black Lagoon inspired Mechaniloids. X blasted through them, dodging their spears and opening a heavy door.

No longer was X in the river basin; he was now in the jungle dwelling of Web Spider. Webs were strewn about, as X made his way to another stream, following the flow and blasting Su-Bee hives. It soon came to X that he would need to make his way through the treetops, finding a Heart Tank in the branches. Before long, X found what he and Zero dubbed the "Boss door." He jumped through the two doors that served as the lock.

Suddenly, X saw a particularly gruesome sight. Not only did he find that the rumors were true about the weapon, but he find a squadron of Reploids all wrapped in webbing. With a rustle of leaves falling overhead, X came face to face with the mastermind: Web Spider. He was a green tarantula with a blue beret. His spinnerets let him lower himself to X's level. "Ah... X. I've been expecting you." "Web Spider, of the 0th unit… You work for Repliforce now?"

"Yes... I am the commander of the guerrilla unit now. But you seem to have caught me at a bit of a bad time." The spider turned to the webbed Reploids. "I was about to have lunch…"

"It’s not too late now. Stop the coup de tat!"

"No. I know where my loyalties lie. And they certainly don't lie with you!" The spider pointed to X. "You've labeled us all as Mavericks! I won't let you pass. Turn back now! I can't be beaten here!" He immediately scurried back up to his nest. X figured that the arachnid would come down again so he clung to a wall, charging his buster. When Spider came down, X fired. The process repeated until the spider collapsed in defeat and blew up. X grabbed the chip that appeared in the wreckage.

You got Lighting Web
&
Thunder God Attack

X contemplated the new weapon and the sword ability. Surely, Zero could put this to good use. With that, he placed a checkpoint where he entered and warped back to Hunter Base.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Seems like labeling everyone Mavericks is going to be a bite on the butt for them. X seems to be doing really well with the new equipment. I hope X will be able to prevent a tragedy of war. Although, I don't think that's going to be possible, because so much is spiraling out of control still. Nice to read a more shorter chapter. :3

Tailikku1

Awards
Zero Chapter 2: Jet Stingray
Zero revved his Land Chaser up as he zoomed out into the highway. Damage from Repliforce's attacks were beginning to show. Zero wasn't alone on his Chaser, Mavericks were following him on similar chasers.
"Outta the way, Irregular! I've got places to be!" He slashed the chaser with his Z-Saber. He managed to avoid a sting of land-mines, and obtained a Heart Tank. He zoomed past the crumbling highway and onto the sea. More of before appeared, but then a shape flew below him from underwater. It was Jet Stingray!
"Well, well! The cat has finally started chasing mouse!"
"Stingray!"
"I'm impressed that you found me, Zero. Get ready!"
Zero blasted him with his buster, at the same time zooming ahead and getting a Sub Tank. He finally reached the Boss Door and prepared himself for the fight. Stingray landed.
"Damn, you’re quite the persistent one! How far do you plan to follow me? Whatever, I’ll put an end to this!"
Zero fought long and hard against Stingray, dodging his Ground Hunters and plasma blasts. Finally the Reploid went down, in atonement of his war crimes. Zero picked up the chip that appeared from the wreckage, before teleporting back to base.

You got Ground Hunter
&
Flying Jump

Sorry for shortness, but Stingray's stage is embarrassingly short.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nah, it's alright if it's short. Nice to see Zero is capable of taking down a Reploid. I wonder what the chip will be for? I'm going to take a guess and assume Stingray was his boss fight? Otherwise, it was good for what it was. I look forward to seeing what happens next as always. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back