• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mega Man 11 | Series Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Re: Official Megaman/Rockman Discussion Thread

The only series that was exclusively on the PS1 was Megaman legends I believe

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame

Not really, the first Megaman Legends was released on the Pc and on the N64 as Megaman 64, thus rendering the playstation version non-exclusive (although I've heard it was the better of the three).

But I think Dacapo4 did talk about the legends series, since I believe it was the first one to come out on the PS (unless X4 came out before it). If that is the case Dacapo4, meet the legends fanatic!

DaCapo4

No I was Talkg about X4 series I never heard of the legends series. Thats really strange.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

X4 itself is a part of a series. Its part of the Megaman X series, which started on the SNES system if I'm not mistaken.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I'm bumping this thread in hopes of people actualling using it instead of start new ones.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame

I certainly hope that they'll make another sequel to Megaman ZX, the second game was good, but I don't like how they completely ditched and disregarded the first game's plot. But I like the concept a lot, so I hope they'll make another game with an original gameplay system.

Joy

Bronze Member

I rip through Megaman X. x2-Xwhatever? Not so much. Games are so insanely hard. I can also get up to wiley in MM7, still can't beat him. It's funny how the only games I can beat I beat as a child.
MM Battle Network was fun up until 3, and MM Zero is friggin hard. Annoying hard. ><

<3 Megaman Legends. Played 2 once, and i remember nt being able to get past the first level.

PKKzelfar

can we talk about the Megaman Battle Network series now?
that's like the megaman game i play today, for the other games, great memories

Awards

So, uh, guys. Who else hopes that the X series will make a comeback one day? Once Capcom realizes they've made a mistake, they'll drop the Starforce crap and go back to the best games in the franchise. ;-;

Also, doing a run through of MMZ1-4. Next to the X series, this is my second favorite. The difficulty is insane, but that's because MMZ is intended to be the 'hardcore' Megaman game.

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;

An X9 would definitely be something I'd pick up. Looking at the open ending of X8, I actually had thought we'd see a game like that soon, but sadly, I was wrong. .___.

I don't think they'll continue the Z series anymore, looking at the story and the ending of Z4. They're probably just going to continue the ZX series in it's place. (Although I heard the sales of ZX Advent haven't been too good. =/)

Meh, actually makes me want to try out Maverick Hunter X some time. ;__;

Awards

An X9 would definitely be something I'd pick up. Looking at the open ending of X8, I actually had thought we'd see a game like that soon, but sadly, I was wrong. .___.

I don't think they'll continue the Z series anymore, looking at the story and the ending of Z4. They're probably just going to continue the ZX series in it's place. (Although I heard the sales of ZX Advent haven't been too good. =/)

Meh, actually makes me want to try out Maverick Hunter X some time. ;__;

A Maverick Hunter X 2 would also be pretty kickass, but Capcom stopped any development on it after the sales of the first game, which is very unfourtunant. It was mostly due to bad timing on Capcom's part. They released a game onto a handheld that most people didn't haver. Though I hear it sold alright in the Americas.

And honestly, I'm happy that the Z series ended. There's only two Megaman series that have done this. Battle Network, and Zero. Zero series ending was also fairly well done, if only because, ( out of all the Megaman games, except for Legends, ) it's the one with the best plot. Rather than just rehashing the same story about fighting the ENDBOSS, ( Wily and Sigma, ) they threw in plot twists and had unique characters. Copy X and Omega are my two most favorite Megaman bosses ever.

And yeah, ZX is the sequal series to Megaman Zero. Although I do enjoy the games, I'd probably rate them under Legends. And I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped it at ZXA. Capcom seems to be the WORST at marketing any of their Megaman games.

Comeon Capcom, you can do better than this.

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;

And honestly, I'm happy that the Z series ended. There's only two Megaman series that have done this. Battle Network, and Zero. Zero series ending was also fairly well done, if only because, ( out of all the Megaman games, except for Legends, ) it's the one with the best plot. Rather than just rehashing the same story about fighting the ENDBOSS, ( Wily and Sigma, ) they threw in plot twists and had unique characters. Copy X and Omega are my two most favorite Megaman bosses ever.

And yeah, ZX is the sequal series to Megaman Zero. Although I do enjoy the games, I'd probably rate them under Legends. And I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped it at ZXA. Capcom seems to be the WORST at marketing any of their Megaman games.

Everything that appeared on the main "plotline" of Mega Man (Mega Man Original through till ZXA) after X8 was just plain god.

The newer Zero games and the ZX games finally had some elements that made the series grow up from the previous stuff they had always worked with. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just enough already. ;__;

I'd hate to see the main story die after ZXA so easily, though. There's so much potential to it.

On a side note, I heard the Rockman Zero Official Complete Works Artbook was released out of Japan just recently. Anyone got it, yet?

Awards

Everything that appeared on the main "plotline" of Mega Man (Mega Man Original through till ZXA) after X8 was just plain god.

The newer Zero games and the ZX games finally had some elements that made the series grow up from the previous stuff they had always worked with. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just enough already. ;__;

I'd hate to see the main story die after ZXA so easily, though. There's so much potential to it.

On a side note, I heard the Rockman Zero Official Complete Works Artbook was released out of Japan just recently. Anyone got it, yet?

I've actually ordered mine. I'm still waiitng on it, since it got delayed due to the VAST number of orders.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Well, the last part of the main story line is supposed to take place in the Legends era, from what I undrstand.

Awards

Well, the last part of the main story line is supposed to take place in the Legends era, from what I undrstand.

*Gets ready to flex his Megaman trivia.*

Yeah, there's two different universes/storylines going on in the Megaman games. The 'main story' you speak of is the one that starts with the Classic Megaman Series. The other one starts with Battle Network, where networking became a prominent technology, rather than robotics.

But yeah, Legends is placed at the very end of the Megaman storyline. It goes:

Classic Megaman < Megaman X < Megaman Zero < Megaman ZX < Megaman Legends.

Though it's currently not really know HOW large the gap is between ZX and Legends. I hear that it takes place about 1000 or so years after.

Back