• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Medieval Battle ~Challenge to LightandDark~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well, you won the last battle and I don't really enjoy losing, so I'm challenging you again with a hope of beating you this time.

Conditions are:
  • We are limited to one melee weapon and one ranged weapon plus ammunition
  • No, we are not wizards and cannot blast each other out of existence with a meteor or some random crap, we are humans in Medieval times which means we are using swords, bows etc.

• The environment is a large castle, which means they're are torches on the walls and barracks filled with weapons etc. Be creative, but screwing somebody over without giving them a fighting chance isn't very nice.

Template:
Name:
General Appearance: Height, build, but not clothing
Equipment: Clothing/Armour, Weapons, Etc. [Equipment that can store other items, such as a backpack, are accepted but cannot fit more than four items at a time and the items must be able to logically fit into it. I swear to god if you stuff a lit torch into your backpack I will backhand you.]
Trait: As in Strength, Speed, Defense [If its not a normal one, like Awareness for example, explain what you mean so I don't end up dropping dead by surprise]
Business in the Castle: Are you a Knight that skipped tonight's training, or an Assassin sent to eliminate the King?

Well, I'm off to make my template.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Name: Sir Joshua Remmington
General Appearance:
Sir Joshua is 5'6 in height and has a decent amount of muscle from working as a Knight for the Castle of Gryllindoph (The opposing Kingdom to the castle our little dance is in). Sir Joshua's hair is long and black, tied back in a pony tail. Across Sir Joshua's face is a scar that runs from the brow of his right eye, across his nose and to the end of the left side of his jaw.
Equipment:
Clothing/Armour- ​Sir Joshua wears a brown and long-sleeved shirt with a hood attached to it. Over this is a short sleeved chain mail, that is made of the finest chain in Gryllindoph, so it is very light weight while still being quite defensive. Over Sir Joshua's hands are leather gloves dyed black. Next are the plain brown pants that Sir Joshua wears, they are slightly baggy, but don't pass his feet in length. He wears standard leather shoes, there is absolutely nothing exceptional about them. Strapped to Sir Joshua's back is a quiver filled with crossbow bolts.
He also has a satchel that can fit four moderately small items, which hangs from a strap on his right shoulder and resides on his left hip. It contains a bottle of flammable oil, a small knife, 60 centimeters of rope
Weapons:
Long sword-
Made out of iron, this long sword is light enough to be held in one hand, but could be used with both hands to create more powerful blows. It has a black hilt and is double-sided, but other than that there is nothing remarkable about it. The sheath for this sword is on Joshua's back, next to his quiver.
Crossbow- A small wooden crossbow that has a specially designed sheath strapped to Sir Joshua's lower right leg. Like all crossbows, it takes a moment or two to reload, but packs a punch when it hits a target.
Trait: Stealth [Can move silently and has better hearing than most.]
Business in the Castle: Sir Joshua may be a knight, but when he isn't within the castle walls he is an assassin for his Kingdom, being behind most of Gryllindoph's sudden triumphs in wars. And on this fine night Sir Joshua Remmington has been tasked with the death of Lord Arutha.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Name: Lord Arutha, King of the Western Realm

General Appearance: Arutha is renowned across the Western Realm because of his efforts during the Great War. Although he has not had to train vigorously as he had during the war, he has kept much of his muscle. He is a tall man, especially for this era, at a height of 6 feet. He is a daunting and imposing warrior when he looks down upon his foes.

His hair is a dark brown, with streaks of lighter colour as it rolls in whichever direction it heads. It weaves its way around the crown that is usually placed upon his head whenever he is in a formal event. The crown may be studded with jewels, a golden beacon in any brightly lit room, but his deep eyes draw in the most. They soothe many men, and bring the end to hundreds or arguments and debates. It is said that you can see truth in those eyes, a world at rest. But be warned, for if you were to anger him, it is certain that you will see to the very depths of Hell, a burning brilliance that wavers the thoughts of the hardiest of men.

Equipment: He wears a soft purple robe of silk as he sits upon his throne. It has many intricate designs stitched into the fabric in gold thread. He never carries anything more than a dagger on his personal body. It is tucked near his waist so discreetly that often his guards and advisers ask what he is doing unarmed.

He is no fool however, and behind his seat of power lay a sword. It gleams with silver paint, but is a sturdy metal beneath the surface. A ruby encrusts the pommel of the hilt.
Around the Castle lay a few places where, in quick need, Arutha may change into fitting armour and equip himself with a crossbow if need be. In these rooms are chain and iron armour, as well as a dozen knapsacks, some filled with items he may find himself in need of.

Trait: Strength
Arutha is the King of the Western Realm, and rightly so. The Western Realm has always had reputation of being the more barbaric Realm, and as such he is of a warrior's build. His father, Borric, thought it would be best if his son knew the troubles of a soldier, so he raised him as such: in etiquette and training. Arutha seems to gain some kind of power from both his training and his right as the King of the Western Realm.

Business in Castle: It would seem that I am the King himself.

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Sir Joshua passed another guard as he ascended the spiral staircase. Torches illuminated the walls and at first Joshua believed he wouldn't have to dispose of the man, until the guard saw his sword.
'Halt,' Said the guard, drawing his short sword. 'what business do-' Before the guard could finish Sir Joshua unsheathed his sword and slammed the bottom of the hilt on the guard's head, followed up by a swift knee to the man's stomach. Joshua followed this up with by slamming his palm into the guard's chin, lifting the man off his feet and causing him to drop his sword. The guard fell down the staircase and rolled to the bottom, becoming unconscious by the time he met the bottom.
Joshua re-sheathed his sword, grabbed the guard's short-sword off the staircase, and continued to ascend the stairs, not bothered by the fact that the guard would have made a lot of noise on his way down, since Sir Joshua had disposed of all the other guards in the area.
Upon reaching the top of the staircase Sir Joshua stopped moving and listened, two guards were mumbling about something, food no doubt, the barbaric beasts. Joshua turned the corner and they saw him immediately. The closest on drew his sword and ran at him, the blade pointed at Joshua's heart. Joshua stepped to the right, spinning with his sword outward as he did so. As he spun the other guard had already been running at him and was cut across the face by Sir Joshua's short-sword. As that guard stumbled back Sir Joshua turned his sword around in his hand and stabbed backward, driving the short-sword into the other guard's chest as he had made another attempt to attack. Joshua turned around and kicked the guard off his sword then spun around and stabbed the left over guard in the neck. The man coughed up blood and Sir Joshua smirked, letting go of the sword so the guard could drop to the ground.
In front of Joshua was now a large door. He pushed it open slightly and observed who was in the room. There was the King, sitting on his throne with a guard at either side, the other guards must have left for training or sleep for the night. Our knight, or Assassin if you will, removed his crossbow from its custom sheath and since it already had a bolt loaded into it Sir Joshua took aim at the guard to the King's right's head and fired, killing the guard as the bolt entered his head and impaled his brain. Upon that guard's sudden death the other guard ran across to the door and swung it open with his left hand, which was unfortunate for him since Sir Joshua had unsheathed his sword before hand. In a flash that guard had his life taken from him as Sir Joshua's blade sliced through his thin armour and penetrated his heart, killing him within seconds. Sir Joshua watched as the guard fell to his knee's, then kicked him off his blade and wiped the blood off his blade with his left sleeve.
'Hello, your Highness.' Sir Joshua said menacingly as he re-sheathed his sword to reload his crossbow. 'You're chances of escaping are near to none.' Sir Joshua continued as he locked the large door behind him to prevent more guards from arriving. 'You better have some form of defence or this is going to be boring,' Joshua let the words sink in. 'For you, I mean.'

Light

faster than
Awards
Lord Arutha waited on his throne, tensing and relaxing his muscles. He knew many things. He was no naive King. No, he knew the thick air between the two Realms. Civil war was about to occur, a bloody thing that would not help either side. No doubt the men from the North would strike down at them when they were weakest, re-sparking the war that had only been finished years before. Another Great War, but this time it would end quite differently: surely the Kingdom would fall.

It was by his suspicions that he had first planted spies into the Court of the East, governors of minor, and a few larger, areas. Sirs, minor nobles, placed in the right place was exactly what was needed to keep the tides of the bloodiest event that could happen to the Kingdom at bay. Spies; men of false identities. Arutha was certain that the East had spies of their own in his Court, but he was damned well sure that they weren't in any rank too high to bring peril to his Realm.

That was how he knew that he was to be attacked this night. First it had been his men reporting the absence of a Knight, a man who was shrouded in mystery. His past: unknown. No-one seemed to recall his knighting, or why he was knighted. There were a handful of people that had showed a second of recognition, but quickly covered there expressions, stammering out a few words explaining that they knew nothing of the man.

This information was not enough alone though. Arutha could not be certain off of this fact alone. It was possible that this Knight of the East - Sir Joshua - was a man who had turned from the Men of the North in the Great War.

Then, more dangerous word reached his ear. The King of the East, a close relative of Arutha, a man who Arutha thought for a long time he could call friend, had sent the call. He was mustering the Armies of the East, his call to arms being passed on from one province to the next.

There could only be one reason for this, and Arutha knew it. The only understandable reason for the call was to invade. The only logical way to invade the strong men of the West would be in confusion: and the only way to call such a confusion would be through the highest officer to be laid down, dead. Himself.

Arutha was expecting this noble to come to his castle any day. So, he had waited. He was a patient man, and had doubled his training. He had waited for the presumable assassin to reach his door. So he was ready for all of this. He knew as soon as he had not heard call of his guards at the nightly chime that they were dead. They would be missed greatly, as only the finest deserved the job to guard the King.

He arose from his throne, a smooth oaken thing, designs and banners flying across its head, the Armies of the West. He spoke in a calm voice, his eyes stern as they looked upon the man who had intruded his home. It was not his own wants that had brought him here, but the lusts of the true King, Lord of the East. It was not his fate to have come here today.

But nor was it his fate to die. Not here, in this room, not here in his castle, not here in his Realm! He would not let the East trample over the well-won soil, each metre of it earned with blood and bone during the Great War.

"So, my cousin sends his finest does he? Only the best could sneak past my men," Arutha said. He decided not to let the man think that he knew not of the doom of his watch, twenty brave souls. He silently spoke blessings upon them in his head. "That is no matter. You are here to kill me, then, Sir Joshua, Knight of the Eastern Realm? Do not think that you can win without a fight. No, I will not let you win. I slayed many men in the Great War, dozens of assassins sent by the Emperor of the North. I do not fear you."

He strayed as he spoke these words, and he pressed his hand against the wall. It slid clockwise, concealing him from the arrows of the assassin if he was to fire. He pulled a lever, an old and rusted piece of machinery, which immediately clogged the mechanisms in the wall that opened the 'door'. Inside was his most valued armour, worn by his father before his demise mid-way during the Great War.

It was said that these pieces were blessed by the Divines long ago, when the Kingdom settled in these great lands of pasture and mountains. He would wear it, and do it honour. He quickly changed, donning both chain and plate, and placed a sword of purest glimmer on his waist.

He was ready to fight the challenger of the East. It was tradition that they would fight blade to blade, man to man... but something told Arutha that Sir Joshua did not play by the rules of the Kingdom. So, neither would he.

A smile set in his face, his eyes starting to glint with what would turn into the burning depths of a dragon's chest, Arutha opened a locked trapdoor, sinking into the chambers below. It was time for him to find the assassin. His father often spoke to him of lines of mighty men from the past.

The mirth inside him forced a laugh, and he stammered out the lines that seemed to perfectly fit this situation, "Kill or be killed."

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
​'So you have chosen to play cat and mouse?' Sir Joshua said, acknowledging the fact that the King had used a secret door to evade him. 'You are as foolish as you are a dead man.'
Sir Joshua approached the wall and mimicked what the King had done, causing it to turn clockwise and take the assassin to the next room. Sir Joshua's eyes passed over a medallion of gold, such a fine piece of art. He considered taking it, then changed his mind. Now was not the time for thievery, it was the time for murder. Sir Joshua tightened his grip on the crossbow and looked towards a door that had been left open. Joshua may have ignored this, but the door visibly had a lock on it and when one unlocks a door they usually close it. Unless they were in a hurry.
Beyond the door was long chamber lined with torches at either side. Sir Joshua unsheathed his sword, holding it tightly in his right hand, while the left held his crossbow.
"I'm coming, dear King."

Light

faster than
Awards
A voice echoed down the channel, eerily. The only thing missing was the maniacal laughter of a man long gone to the lust of power.

The tunnels were constructed as a labyrinth, made in an effort to offer escape by a man long down his bloodline. Arutha failed to recall his name at this time, but he quickly paid oath to him, blessing his foresight. Corridors, all looking much the same as the other, spread into every direction. It could very well baffle the best of minds of the era, unless given the clue.

The memory hit him, staggering him as if he had ran into a wall.

"Son, young Arutha, you must know that you will take to the Throne one day. Perhaps you will become the King that will unite this gap that is opening between the East and the West."
Small Arutha, barely of age 10, looked into his father's eyes. They were swimming with sadness. "What are you talking about, father? Aren't we good friends with uncle Erric?"
Borric laughed, a sharp bark. He paced the tunnels that seemed to run endlessly. Arutha had wondered at the time to where they may lead. To the palace in the East! To his home of Caru? Perhaps to his mother's grave...?
"My boy, there will be a time that you must use these tunnels. I fear it will be sooner than I would care to think. Either it be from the men of the North, or, sadly, the Armies of the East, a day will come when you may need to use these tunnels," spoke Borric, a tinge in his voice that hinted to some knowing that went beyond the normal. Arutha knew not to ask though. No, father would tell him in all given time.

Borric suddenly smiled, and motioned towards himself, then gesturing at the ear of young Arutha. The young Prince happily hurried to his father, who had taken several strides ahead, as the man crouched down. First he spoke load enough for any of the guards to hear, "Let you be the Lion, the men that ever dare follow you the Prey. May you bring them to heed your roar or your claws, and fell their ambitions. Remember this, son."

Arutha vigorously bobbed his head, signing his acknowledgement, enthusiastically speaking, "I will, father."

Another broad grin broke Borric's face as he lent in and whispered into his son's ear, a boy that would surely bring greatness to the West.

Arutha found himself smiling absently, his attention focused on his memories. Shaking his head, he cleared the last wispy strands of nostalgia from his mind. Remembering that which his father said, he decided on the words to say next. He quickly calculated the way to pull off his plan, checking that his thoughts were correct. When satisfied, he began the first step of his small assault idea.

He turned to face one tunnel, one that would snake and connect to many more in maze, and shouted down it, "No, assassin of the East, this is not a game of cat and mouse, but of lion and prey. I bear the symbol of conDoin, son of Borric. I am the Lion, and you are my prey. It is I who is coming for you. Do not let you think yourself un-warned, for this is the night that I warn you of your demise, this is the night that I tell you to turn your back on the East, this is the night that I tell you that you will die, and the East will fall!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back