• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Medical fields of choice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which do you think is best?

• gynecologist

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • proctologist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nurse

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • surgeon

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • optometrist

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • dermatologists

• orthodontist

• physician

• psychiatrist

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
Psychiatrist, because unlike a lot of people I didn't take a module of psychology just because it's a 'joke' subject. I actually think it's interesting. 8D But it kinda depends on your personality which you prefer.

Of course, Occupational Therapist is the best but it's not on the list. >.>

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Psychiatry. It makes more money than 95% of those fields. The plus side is, depending what kind of Practice you want to go into, you may not end up going to school as long as most Med kids.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
The best up there is pychiatrist, hell in the book I'm making at the moment one of the main characters is a pychiatrist.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
'The best'? I'm really hoping that you're just talking about the paycheck instead of functionaliy or something.

Out of the list, surgery and psychiatry would be first on my list. Two totally opposite fields I know, but both interest me. As for the pay, I think that surgeons, psychiatrists and orthodontists generally earn most, but since most jobs in the medical section have decent pays, you shouldn't totally focus on that. You really have to be interested and determined to learn all about the trade and not just be in it for the money. There's probably easier ways to make money than going through 6-8 extra years of schooling.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
'Best overall'? There is no 'best overall' medical field.

And you do realize that most women who need to have regular visits at their gynaecologists are around 50 years old? Grow up.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
'Best overall'? There is no 'best overall' medical field.

And you do realize that most women who need to have regular visits at their gynaecologists are around 50 years old? Grow up.

Actually, all women need to have regular trips. Every three years, I think. I was gonna post something along those lines too.

You still haven't included endocrinologist. =)

Riku's_girl<3

Website
www.myspace.com
I <3 my optometrist.

Being someone with both astigmatism in both eyes, I really appreciate my optometrist. He is like my savior, without which, I seriously would be able to see nothing. He's the one who got me my awesome contacts and my extra pair of glasses. Anyone in that field has my immediate respect. :3

Little_Red

betch.
i definetly would not want to be a gynecologists because i would not want to see a woman's you-know-what....because i'm a girl, and some woman get herpes and it looks really gross or they complain about a yeast infection.

what;s a protocologist anyway?

i would TOTALLY be a nurse, they don't have to work much during the week and get some exercise (walking constantly checking up on patients)

Last edited:

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Actually I think nurses have to work quite a lot as well, and walking up and down to patients, taking care of them, cleaning their beds, handing out meds, food, can be exhausting.

And:

Wiki said:
Proctology is a field in medicine dealing with diseases and disorders of the rectum, anus, colon and pelvic floor.

OmegaChosen

Calm and Collected Veteran
Awards
There is no "best" medical field. They are all equally important in their own way. MD's are important to patients to diagnose their problems and nurses are important for taking care of them. What medical profession you think is best depends on your own personal preferences of what you like to do. That's what i think anyway.

But nurses work really hard though. Not only with patients and they're well being but they also with paperwork and medical tests and even research! I heard a saying before about it,"The nurses do all the work and the doctors write an autobiography about."
:)

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
There is no "best" medical field. They are all equally important in their own way. MD's are important to patients to diagnose their problems and nurses are important for taking care of them. What medical profession you think is best depends on your own personal preferences of what you like to do. That's what i think anyway.
you just had to write an entire paragraph that means the same thing as when i used the words 'you think' didn't you?

also, dont nurses change bedpans? (yes, this is a joke)

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
Gynecologist: I'd rather not spend my day swabbing crotch, thank you very much

Proctologist: >.> do I really have to say it?

Nurse: Even though this profession sees all the action, they do the most paperwork and do all the nasty jobs.

Surgeon: My uncle is a surgeon, and I have seen too many surgeries to get excited about shoving a camera in someones heart or disembowling someone's colon.

Optometrist: I have to say that this is my only job I would have to pick, as most Optometrist have good pay, whose work is mostly routine, and sends all serious patients to an Opthamologist.

Dermatologist: I am not a big fan at looking at weird afflictions of the skin, and since being this means looking at anywhere*nudge nudge* I would rather not pick this

Orthodontist: Number 2 on my list, for my Ortho is my savior from looking like a checkout clerk at the wallmart. Though I dont want to screw up any mouths other than mine.

Physician: Ahh yes, the run-of-the-mill-no-specialty-doctor. I find no perks, nor complaints.

Psychiatrist:I would rather not talk to crazy people.

Of these, again, optometrist. If I had my choice not on the list, an Oncallogist, with the sub-specialty of Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back