• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Medal Setup Advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilderness

Awards
I did a search and couldn't find a topic on this - maybe my search skills are plain awful though...

As said before, I'm quite new to the game and would like to get some suggestions on what medal setups I should go for. I feel I have some strong contenders, and maybe other users can use this topic in the same vein as I have? Of course, if such topic already exists then please direct me that way!

So my current top medals are:
Key Art 2
Ill. King Mickey (2 dots)
Ill. Sora A
Ill. Riku A (2 dots)
Sora & Roxas (guilted at 91%, STR +1000 trait)
HD Sora
Ill. Sephiroth
Ill. KH II Sora (3 dots)
Ill. Kairi

I would say these are my best but am happy to send over a screenshot of my other 6* if I don't have enough with. I'm currently using Starlight +25 (my highest level keyblade), with these setups:

1: Ill. Kairi > Sora & Roxas > Ill. King Mickey > Ill. Sephiroth > Key Art 2 (mostly for bosses or harder battles)
2. Key Art 2 > Ill. Riku A > Ill. King Mickey > Sora & Roxas > Ill. Sora A (my main sweep team)
3. Ill. Kairi > Ill. Riku A > Lea > Sora & Roxas > Ill. Sora A (used this as a one off...)

Any suggestions on my best setups, please shoot!

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
idk what you have as your secondary non rare medals since those six But the set up with what you have here id go with is illustrated Kairi, Hd Sora, Kh2 illustrated Sora, illustrated riku A then illustrated Sephiroth, thats just me though. if ihad a screen cap of all your medals id prob have a better idea but i think thats the one that can do the most damage output. if you have the chip and dale medal though from that point contest they had a week ago or so id put that over illustrated riku

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
My advice is that you should really stop focusing solely on premium medals for power. Guilted tier 3 medals are really where it's at (unless you're willing to spend a fortune or if you get really lucky). Non-guilted tier 4s are not any better for attacking than any other medal, really.

I don't have any guilted tier 4s/5s (aside from having two Illustrated KH2 Kairis I can guilt, but she's not much of an attack medal anyway), I rely on a lot of event medals (Meowjesty, Maui, Moana, Classic Donald, Xigbar B, etc.) and the odd tier 3 that I have guilted from pulls (Tama, Saix).

Trust me, guilting tier 3s and giving them skills like Attack Boost 3/4 will give you a lot of power in conjunction with buffers/debuffers (which is where non-guilted tier 4s and 5s can come in and be really useful).

So I say, rely on the tier 4s for utility (Ill. Kairi for the x3 buff at the beginning of every keyblade, and after that for relevant keyblades Ill. Sora A for power buff or Ill. Sora B for Speed buff, etc.), but rely on guilted (non-utility) medals for attacking. Which the event medals that SE releases can be quite helpful for that on occasion. The recently released Maleficent B would be really helpful, for example.

Also, if you have the jewels, I absolutely recommend you pull and get Illustrated KHII Kairi. She restores 10 SP gauges, making the really expensive SP cost that a lot of recent event medals have no longer much of a problem (or really, just in general. She is a must-have medal). If you have enough for five pulls, pull!

I 100% recommend you watch SmellyOctopus on YouTube. He's all about helping others with mostly F2P setups. Once I started watching his videos the game and how to make setups/which medals to use and in what order became really clear.

Wilderness

Awards
Thank you both for your advice - apologies for my delayed response!
Unfortunately I have a very small amount of guilted medals - literally just Sora & Roxas, and some of the common medals from story mode. Kicking myself I didn't start this game sooner as I would LOVE to have the WoFF medals.

I've done the Anniversary pulls four times now and still no Kairi - going for my fifth today. Would it be an idea to replace Illus. Kairi for the Illus. KHII Kairi, or man both in my 5?

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Oh, well watch for the event medals. They release a lot of heavyhitting event medals and you can guilt them. Sometimes they're difficult to get, but other times they're very easy.

Don't replace Illustrated Kairi with Illustrated KH2 Kairi. They are two entirely different medals and their abilities will stack. You don't ever want to be without a x3 buffer on your keyblades, trust me. I have my x3 buffer and Illustrated KH2 Kairi side-by-side on my keyblades.

Wilderness

Awards
Oh, well watch for the event medals. They release a lot of heavyhitting event medals and you can guilt them. Sometimes they're difficult to get, but other times they're very easy.

Don't replace Illustrated Kairi with Illustrated KH2 Kairi. They are two entirely different medals and their abilities will stack. You don't ever want to be without a x3 buffer on your keyblades, trust me. I have my x3 buffer and Illustrated KH2 Kairi side-by-side on my keyblades.

Jesus Christ, I just took your advice and the mission I struggled with this morning, I am now cutting through like butter!

Starlight: Illus. Kairi, Illus. KHII Kairi, Illus. KHII Sora (maybe switch?), Sora & Roxas 100% guilt, Key Art #2 w/extra attack, this lineup is just killing everything.

Thank you so much!

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
idk if youre into spending money on the game but the vip medal is pretty decent pluss 4400 jewel is nice, it ignornes atrubute attack and does 10 immensely powerful hits, mines attack is over 10000 atm because i rolled twice and got double strength boost plus 1000 on it from chip and dale, but its at your digression. while starlight is a good keyblade you should try to focus on all of them esp Divine rose when you unlock it

Also something interesting to know buffers now go up to times 7 so a good strategy is to try to get a buffer medal and if you try combining it with another of its same type a good ability to aim for is extra attack 40 percent power so it lets you use the same medal twice but only at 40 percent power which isnt really important for buff medals,
17857175_10207372334981582_1303472200_n_zpsht1mn4qt.png

with what i have i have my vanietes able to take down hih level enemies. but thats just me i dont put much stock in rare medals right now because theyre harder to guilt you know until we get our hands on more brooms.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I always have a strength buffer medal: Winnie the Pooh/Diz for Power, Cogsworth/Ansem the Wise for Magic and KH2 Kairi/Rabbit for Speed. They ensure that the attacks that you use will be more powerful (and that can make or break a battle sometimes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back