• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Me asking for help...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, I know, I'm asking for help, it's the Apocolyspe...

Anyway, I need help convincing my parents to let me get contacts, I'm tired of wearing glasses for my ENTIRE LIFE. Ok, I have a slight problem. I was born 4 months premature(I probably should be dead, but screw you death) I am blind in one eye and extreamly near-sighted in the other, which is why I wear glasses. I've asked my parents for contacts before and they say that contacts could damage your eyes and they don't want to take that risk, because I only have one eye left(that works). So I need a way to convince them to letting me have contacts, the main reason I want contacts is so that I won't look like so much of a geek/nerd and I've heard from a number of girls that I look...more attractive without the glasses...also I'm tired of glasses...

Thanks for the help...

Also if you want to know what's wronge with me, search "Retinopathy " on Google, you'll find some info there...

ozymandius

My cousin has the same exact problems, though not as sever and she wasn't born prematurely.

Honestly, I have contacts and I love them. Tell your parents all the benefits of getting contacts and maybe make up some sort of regiment (sp?) so that you don't get an eye infection or something like that. Also tell them why you hate your glasses. IDK, I'm not he best when it comes to solving these kinds of problems...

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
To be honest, I have the same problem, (not eye problem, contact problem) and we've reached this conclusion: I can have them if I pay for them.

Contacts are good for some people and just aren't for others. My dad couldn't stand them, and two of my best friends wear contacts. I personally wear glasses but I've heard people suggest for me to get contacts.

Did you also know that there are ways to test contacts? The next time you see the optomitrist, see if you can request a pair of temporary contacts. Tell him that you want to see if contacts are right for you and they can probably set you up with some. That way you can see how they work, if you don't mind taking them out and putting them in, or if you don't mind having something in your eye. Suggest this to your parents. They may also be worried about the cost. Well, think on it this way. As people grow more older, they may become more active, like in sports. Well, glasses break easily. Get hit in the face once and they're done. :/ (slight exaggeration). Well, you have to buy new frames and sometimes new lenses (if the prescription changed) when that happens.

Contacts don't always work that way. I think. The cost may be the same or a little more, but that's kind of how I figure it. As for hurting one's eye, have your parents talk to the doctor. They probably know more about it then you or I do. Next time you have a check-up, do two things. Find out the ups and downs about contacts, and see if you can get some temporary ones. You can always keep your glasses at close hand if something happens.

Fading2Darkness

In a cardboard box trying to ship myself to Alaska
Ok, my suggestion is that you go to an optomitrist with your parents and let him explain to your parents the pros and cons of having contacts. Personally I've been wearing contacts for the last two years and they work very well and I havent ever had a problem with them, but your optomitrist can tell you if contacts would be good for you.

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
Yeah, I know, I'm asking for help, it's the Apocolyspe...

Anyway, I need help convincing my parents to let me get contacts, I'm tired of wearing glasses for my ENTIRE LIFE. Ok, I have a slight problem. I was born 4 months premature(I probably should be dead, but screw you death) I am blind in one eye and extreamly near-sighted in the other, which is why I wear glasses. I've asked my parents for contacts before and they say that contacts could damage your eyes and they don't want to take that risk, because I only have one eye left(that works). So I need a way to convince them to letting me have contacts, the main reason I want contacts is so that I won't look like so much of a geek/nerd and I've heard from a number of girls that I look...more attractive without the glasses...also I'm tired of glasses...

Thanks for the help...

Also if you want to know what's wronge with me, search "Retinopathy " on Google, you'll find some info there...
Thats right! Screw death! Fight the power!...

Well anyway. Sit down with your parents and explain why you should get contacts. Also, A little begging helps.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
If you really can't persuade them however, come to a comprimise. Ask for new glasses and pick a pair that look cool. Over here glasses are somewhat fashionable if you pick the right ones. Maybe the ones you have don't look as good on you as a different shape of frame might. Glasses aren't all bad, they can look really cool, and I have a few friends who are proof of that. So if your parents really WON'T let you get contacts, ask for new glasses and make sure you can pick them yourself. Bring a friend to help you choose. =D

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, right now I have the kind that tint in the sunlight...so that's kinda cool...I guess...and the frames don't look...horrible...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Well, right now I have the kind that tint in the sunlight...so that's kinda cool...I guess...and the frames don't look...horrible...

Okay, this isn't ALL that helpful, but if you have to get your perscription renewed any time soon, I'd bring it up then...*shrug* Be like, "well, since we're getting rid of these glasses, why don't I just get contacts?" Also, look into the whole contacts dealy...like, on the internet and whatnot. Get some facts to convince your parents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back