• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Mathematical Stress Ideas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I have never been good with math and have just started and 11 week Math class that goes from nice simple whole numbers to quadratic equations. I am not a very good stress manager and was hoping someone had some good ways to overcome the stress caused by college courses.

I need easily affordable stress relief. Drawing doesn't work anymore and neither does destroying Heartless. What would you do?:frown:

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Drawing doesn't work anymore and neither does destroying Heartless. What would you do?:frown:
Lol, that's an awesome outlet for that haha. Have you considered getting extra help? If you understood it better would it still be as stressful for you?

D

Deleted member 36435

There are no words for how inappropriate your response is. Not only are there younger viewers, it is inappropriate regardless.
Why? Masturbation has been studied as a stress reliever and some studies have concluded it to be an excellent one. It releases endorphins and dopamine and decreases(I believe) cortisol. I'm sorry you think that basic biological functions of your body are inappropriate.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stress-and-sex/201101/masturbation-not-just-monkey-business
Masturbation Can Help With Stress, Cystitis, Diabetes And Cancer, Says Expert
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2703719/

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I have never been good with math and have just started and 11 week Math class that goes from nice simple whole numbers to quadratic equations. I am not a very good stress manager and was hoping someone had some good ways to overcome the stress caused by college courses.

I need easily affordable stress relief. Drawing doesn't work anymore and neither does destroying Heartless. What would you do?:frown:

1. Run/exercise (endorphins)
2. Change your diet so you have plenty of energy (stop caffeine and sugar, eat whole foods, get all your vitamins)
3. Sex/masturbation (you seem offended by this, but it's actually not bad for you; thats only the case if you physically stress your body in the process)
4. Anything else you might do (such as drawing or reading) that allows you escape
5. See a school psychologist once a week to help get a process going that encompasses some of these things

And of course, don't overwork yourself. A lot of stress comes from pushing yourself too hard. I can't tell you the number of times I worked too hard and it made the rest of my week miserable because of it. Take breaks, eat healthy, and exercise.

Theta

If math is a cause for that much stress for you my best advice is to learn it. Why tackle the symptoms when you can go for the source (unless your stress is a cause for poor performance and then its a bit more complicated). Also, your methods of relieving stress sound more like procrastination no offense. Seek a balance.

You'd be surprised how many resources the internet has to help people with algebra. If you have some free time check out the Algebra 1 videos from the Khan Academy. I can personally say the site has helped me out a lot with math. The thing with math is that if you fall behind you fall further behind a lot more than other classes so having a strong grip on the basics is essential. If you are all caught up and its just really hard then try to stay a bit ahead of the game. My final advice is to try to understand the reasons behind all the rules; this makes memorization easier and the math actually meaningful. I hope this helps!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
1. Run/exercise (endorphins)
2. Change your diet so you have plenty of energy (stop caffeine and sugar, eat whole foods, get all your vitamins)
3. Sex/masturbation (you seem offended by this, but it's actually not bad for you; thats only the case if you physically stress your body in the process)
4. Anything else you might do (such as drawing or reading) that allows you escape
5. See a school psychologist once a week to help get a process going that encompasses some of these things

And of course, don't overwork yourself. A lot of stress comes from pushing yourself too hard. I can't tell you the number of times I worked too hard and it made the rest of my week miserable because of it. Take breaks, eat healthy, and exercise.

All of this.

Plus, if you want the stress from not understanding something to go away, you just have to learn it. Anytime you feel stressed about not understanding a concept, spend extra time doing practice problems, talking with your teacher/professor, and studying. The math you are learning is as simple as college math gets, so you can definitely get it if you just try, practice, and seek help when you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back