• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mathematic Look at 358/2 [Repost]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I just thought of something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't KH2 say that Sora had been asleep for one whole year? So from the time he went to sleep in CoM, to the time he woke up in KH2, a whole year had passed? But Roxas joined the Organization before CoM, long before Sora ever went to sleep...

So that would mean that the 358 can't be referring to the length of time Roxas was in the Organization before he was captured. He would have had to have been in the Organization for more than a year.

A

Audo

^That's right. Unless of course the end of KH1 and all of CoM was only a day in length. Which i doubt. but i don't think it was a year exactly, but it was definitely a complete year at least.

ansemcontainer

lookie what i can do too! lol its all crap and has nothin to do with math

3+5+8=16/2=8
3+5/8=1/2=.5
3+5+(8/2)=12

lolz, its not math, because anything you do can make any number

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
I remember this thread...and I also remember not understanding it at all, but now it totally makes sense.:)
However, I think its just a coincidence. I think that the meaning of the title will be a little bit more simpler than that. But this is a semi-fresh idea, so kudos for that.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Riku-Keyblade said:
Yeah and it also goes through the beginning and end of CoM, wow, magicz. 3 games.

Which is in 358/2 Days (in which we see them before going into Castle Oblivion), in other words, is as much part of the game concerning the Organization and Roxas's time there. Again, CoM, happens in 358/2 Days, unlike the last two major PS games. wow, magicz. Understanding.

The game is Roxas's time between KH1(end) and KH2 (beginning). That means the string is attached that connecst the two games with Roxas.

And it doesn't end before KH2 begins, it ends at the exact time KH2 begins. Unless Riku fought with Roxas for over 36 hours, and Diz didn't put him in the Data TT three days right after the defeat. Doubtful.

Organization_42 said:
I just thought of something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't KH2 say that Sora had been asleep for one whole year? So from the time he went to sleep in CoM, to the time he woke up in KH2, a whole year had passed? But Roxas joined the Organization before CoM, long before Sora ever went to sleep...

So that would mean that the 358 can't be referring to the length of time Roxas was in the Organization before he was captured. He would have had to have been in the Organization for more than a year.

Nice point.

I guess this begins the "358" being questioned rather than the "/2". But really, what else could 358 stand for?

Then again, what was the exact pronunciation that Nomura spoke? It is Three Five Eight Days Over 2.

A

Audo

I give up with you. It isn't even an interesting debate, so really, you're just boring me at this point. Moving on, I personally think the '/2' holds a lot more meaning then simply 2 games. ::rolls eyes::
3-5-8 Days over 2.
I think the 358 is just him speaking it out phonetically though, and i don't see it really meaning it should be said exactly as 3-5-8 but who knows? He said we won't understand the title until we beat it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Weird. You did the opposite of boring me >.<.

Otherwise, we really don't know. True.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with math. Nomura stated that once we finish the game, we will understand the title. Now would the game honestly have us doing math in order to figure out what it means? I doubt it.

It's pronounced three-hundred and fifty-eight days over two, as stated earlier, which leads me to believe that the name means something more symbolic or time themed.

Who knows though? It's all just speculation. Always has been.

hoshiko

Website
www.facebook.com
nnn...

honestly, i always figured it was the most simplistic idea that it was the 358 days roxas spent there over the time he shared with axel...since they keep showing him and axel and stuff. ya know "over 2" like... over 2 friends kind of a thing?

i'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet

Awards
It's pronounced three-hundred and fifty-eight days over two, as stated earlier, which leads me to believe that the name means something more symbolic or time themed.

Actually, it's pronounced three five eight days over two.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
nnn...

honestly, i always figured it was the most simplistic idea that it was the 358 days roxas spent there over the time he shared with axel...since they keep showing him and axel and stuff. ya know "over 2" like... over 2 friends kind of a thing?

i'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet

Hm, that's actually incredibly probable. Three-hundred and fifty-eights days spent over the time of two people, Roxas and Axel.

My new favorite theory, although this does just add fuel to the Roxas and Axel yaoi fire.

hoshiko

Website
www.facebook.com
haha and i don't really have a problem with that fire being lit

but i still see it in the whole theory for roxas of "can two people with no hearts actually be friends?" which is what makes those two so special

and yay, i made a likeable theory! :D

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
wouldn't it be like... 358 + 7(when you played as roxas in kingdom hearts ii) = 365 (which are how many days are in a year) the /2 could be referring to two people... i'm not sure.

<3

Call me Love, love.
Wow you are really getting me thinking...I;m not going to be able to sleep tonight now ^_^

<3

Call me Love, love.
It's alright. I will probs even forget this thread and wake up in the morning then remember about it lol

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Nice point.

I guess this begins the "358" being questioned rather than the "/2". But really, what else could 358 stand for?

Then again, what was the exact pronunciation that Nomura spoke? It is Three Five Eight Days Over 2.

So maybe "Three", "Five", and "Eight" all mean different things, just like all the speculation that the "Two" isn't related to 358/2.

I thought one of the interviews said that "days" referred to the daily life of the Organization that we would get to see in the game. So I understand where everyone's coming from with "358" representing the amount of days that Roxas was in the Organization. But that seems too obvious to me, and I already explained why it can't be the correct amount of time that Roxas was there. I really think the numbers mean something else. What is that something else? I have no idea, but I'll be thinking about it.

A

Audo

I'd much rather it be spread over Riku and Roxas then Axel and Roxas =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back