• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Math

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I have a math problem with my sister's homework (seeing as I was never good in math, I can't figure it out) please help me solve it.

Two numbers have a sum of 22. Their difference is 4. what are the two numbers?

Legato2471

He asked "What are the two numbers" I took that as give me the answer, besides it's his sister's homework.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
You need to let people learn, man.

You're not helping, you're helping them get by without taking anything. Even something as small as Math homework makes a difference.

"Help me solve the problem" is not "Give me the answer." I'd think someone who can do simple math would be able to figure that out.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I am a GIRL. Not a He. It was my sister's homework. (I have three, ages 6, 9, and 11) I was never good at math, and I did not have the time to figure it out. I thank you for helping me. I did google it, but couldn't find it. Thank you

Legato2471

Look I really don't care. You got your answer and I ended up getting someone else's panties in a twist for not doing things their way. This thread can be locked since it no longer serves a purpose. Besides, she isn't letting her sister learn by doing her homework.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Probably it would be easier to explain how you figured it out instead of writing the numbers. Then everyone is happy, maybe. Nevermind.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
(x + 4) + x = 22

2x = 18

9 = x

Your sister's gonna be in trouble when Algeabra and Geometry rolls around.

Our teacher's explination of proofs was, 'if x = 8 + 9 and x = 2x + 13, like eight different things can happen. Just take a stab at it, you might even get it right.'

I hate that class so much >_>

~Dorian Gray

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Here's one way to logically decide on the outcome.

You have their sum, and you know there is two numbers. Their difference is four, so subtract four from 22. Divide that number by two, and you get two numbers, each are the same number, correct? You divide by two because there is two numbers. Now, add four to one of the numbers, and check your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back