• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Materia Vs. GF Vs Aeons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
From these three types of summons which one do you prefer? I think that Materia is cool but you waste your MP and the number of time you can call them is limited, and GF's take too long to show up and Aeons they die and you cannot summon them again.
But I had to choose I would go with Aeons because they're very powerful.
What do you guys think?

Cid Highwind

The Captain
Materia. Why? Knights of the Round Summon.

Debate over.

winner. but really, just link the knights of the round summon with an mp absorb materia, and also have w-summon and mime and you cannot be defeated. this way, you can cast the summon twice, regain your mp every time, and also repeat it forever.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
How can you do ALL THAT I cannot even find the knights of round and you can repeat it forever?!! please how in the world are you suppose to do that?

alright, here's where i can shine.

to get the knights of the round materia, you need to obtain a gold chocobo by carefully breeding the right chocobos. the knights of the round summon materia is on a small island, covered by mountains in the upper right hand corner of the world map.

you can link the knights of the round materia with the mp absorb materia, which is obtainable by going to Wutai (sp?) and completing the yuffie quest....or by going into the cat house after the yuffie quest, i can't remember. the amount of damage done by the attack is proportional to the amount of mp you get back, meaning knights of the round will get you ALL of your mp back.

next, have the w-summon materia, which can be obtained in the battle arena at the gold saucer by getting many points. this causes you to use the summon twice.

next, you can get the mime materia by having a chocobo that can climb a mountain (green, black, or gold) and go to a cave near wutai (again sp?). this will allow you to mimic the previous action.

by mastering at least two of the mimes, meaning you have three (which you can easily get ap by tossing elixirs at these purple guys in pots at the northern crater in disk 3).

with 3 ppl with the mime materia, one person uses w-summon, knights of the round (which is linked to the mp absorb). after two knights of the round, the next person uses mime, and the two knights of the round happens again, as long as you keep using the mime command.

therefore, you are invincible, except for emerald weapon who can do 9,999 damage to all of your characters. but then again, that's what final attack linked to phoenix is there for.

therefore, materia wins

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
But you can't deny the fact that Knights of the Round is by far one of the most powerful summon in FF history. And with the combo Cid provided, its a sure thing. But, don't all summonings technically count as spells? Summonings altogether are basically a different form of magicks compared to normal. Those who summon either use an item that serves as a conduit for the summon(Knights of the Round Materia), or the person is a mage who has experience with using their body and spirit as a conduit to summon.(Yuna, FFX).

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
winner. but really, just link the knights of the round summon with an mp absorb materia, and also have w-summon and mime and you cannot be defeated. this way, you can cast the summon twice, regain your mp every time, and also repeat it forever.

Of course i mean GFs took to long to summon and Aeons i really didnt care for. I mean Knights of the rd and mimic when mastered nothing stops you. You can make the hardest battle seem like childs play.

Haku

<3
I would have to say the Aeons just because I like their powers and there are also many types of them.

sephy 9 2 5

Knights of the Round helped me beat the two secret Weapons in FF7 in less than 15 mins, therefore it wins.

I didn't need KotR though. But it took me like an hour or two. Plus I died about 10-15x.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
They're all pretty broken from a balancing standpoint. The Materia system is the most abusable character growth system I have ever seen in a J-RPG. You effectively break the game during the third disc, all you need to do is pair up a summon with some support materia and you make a win button. Guardian Forces had virtually no cost to use, which means you can spam at your leisure. Aeons were the closest of the the summons mentioned to being balanced. They were essentially more party members; then again you could absolutely break the game if you bother to "level up" your Aeons.

The best summons are the ones from IV, V, or IX (which are all pretty much the same thing). They have a significant MP cost, and they do nice damage without being too powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back