• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort- Good or Evil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsblight

I personally think Master Xehanort is good. All he was doing was trying to restore the balance between light and darkness. Although his way of going about doing that was VERY wrong all he wanted to do was create balance.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Unless you're implying that the end justifies the means, I don't think he could be considered to have had good intentions. He wanted power. He didn't care whom he had to kill to get it. That is evil. If anything, I think he's like Kefka from Final Fantasy VI, simply mad and delusional.

Dragonsblight

Thus why I said the way he approached creating balance was definitely not the right way to go about it. Yes he also craved power but he is nothing like kefka except he wants power. Kefka threw off the balance so that he could gain power while Xehanort is trying to restore it. Sora is doing exactly what Master Xehanort
tried to do except he is not seeking power.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That babbling about "Restoring the balance" was nothing but a ruse from Xehanort's side to fool Terra.
His ultimate goal is still to unite with/obtain Kingdom Hearts, become a god and recreate the universe in his image, enslaving all that lives.

Sounds pretty similar to Kefka for me...

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
That babbling about "Restoring the balance" was nothing but a ruse from Xehanort's side to fool Terra.
His ultimate goal is still to unite with/obtain Kingdom Hearts, become a god and recreate the universe in his image, enslaving all that lives.

Sounds pretty similar to Kefka for me...

Exactly. He also reminded me of The Emperor in the Star Wars saga, with Vanitas taking Darth Vader's place. He's deranged and obsessed with the darkness. MX is a pureblooded villain, there's no doubt about it.

But it's still an interesting discussion in general, as there are other examples of villains that turned out to be not so evil in the end - like Kuja in Final Fantasy IX.

PowerIsNothing

I also think that Xehanort's words of restoring balance was a lie from the start. Eraqus saw through this early on, seeing through Xehanort's "Poetic Excuses" for his lust for power. How Eraqus was so stupid to be tricked by Xehanort again is beyond me(For disney's sake, you could see the darkness in his eyes!!!)

Also by the end of the game, it was hard to tell if Xehanort had any intention of balancing light and darkness. It seemed to me that he accepted darkness as absolute.

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
I think as well that all he said was only to fool the others (Terra, Eraqus). He said all those things just to get the help he needed.
idk, maybe, just maybe he once started with good intentions but totally lost it at some point :p

How Eraqus was so stupid to be tricked by Xehanort again is beyond me(For disney's sake, you could see the darkness in his eyes!!!)
LOL X'D

vnnk

Who knows maybe things would have been different for Xehanort if he was not smothered in Eraqus's Light. (Or even possibly his masters)

Dragonsblight

I also think that Xehanort's words of restoring balance was a lie from the start. Eraqus saw through this early on, seeing through Xehanort's "Poetic Excuses" for his lust for power. How Eraqus was so stupid to be tricked by Xehanort again is beyond me(For disney's sake, you could see the darkness in his eyes!!!)

Also by the end of the game, it was hard to tell if Xehanort had any intention of balancing light and darkness. It seemed to me that he accepted darkness as absolute.

yeah I guess I see what you guys are saying. On an off topic, I wonder what will happen to sora once ventus' heart is returned to him.

Awards
I dont think Xehanort wanted balance what he wanted was people to accept the darkness like they accept the light kind of like how riku does(this is stated in the the Xehanort reports or something along these lines) but I guess his dream eventualy led to an obssession with the x blade and the keyblade war and at that point he just wanted power.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
yeah I guess I see what you guys are saying. On an off topic, I wonder what will happen to sora once ventus' heart is returned to him.

Sora will lose the ability to wield a second keyblade, nothing more.
He is just sheltering/protecting Ven's heart inside his own, so there's nothing really to lose for both of them.
The deep connection between their hearts will most likely remain as it existed ever since Sora was born.

---
Xehanort may have started out with more honorable motives in his youth, but these got twisted very fast by relying too much on darkness and using it to further his own goals.

Radar

Bronze Member
I don't know if I can call him "evil." But I defiantly do not consider him a good guy. He wanted to consume the worlds in darkness, and planned on making another keyblade war. Look what he did with Ventus and Vanitas, he used them both for his own twisted purposes. I believe all his talk about "balancing light and darkness" was truthful, but not something he planned on doing.

Look at all of his back up plans. This clearly shows a man who is not only delusional, but intent on making sure his evil plans fall through. That is why he made so many of them, so he would not fail. He lusted for KH, the ultimate power, and did not mind bringing out the evil in Terra and possessing his body to make this possible.

I think I made enough points there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont think he was evil per say more like a crazy old bastard with a fetish for young boys er i mean "hosts" due to his years of darkness abuse and curiosity of other worlds and a war that shouldnt even be thought of.

xehanort is pretty much the best example of how fucked up curiosity can make a person.

Xammag

"I think this point of the series is to expand what it means to be light or dark. Right now, we know very little of the Realm of Darkness, despite it being mentioned and traveled through multiple times. We also know that our main antagonist, MX, believes that there is a "tyranny of light". Darkness is not being fairly represented, so he seeks to spread it. However, he's fallen into the "There is too much water in this glass, therefore, I must empty the glass" mentality. By spreading darkness, eventually, it will be a tyranny of darkness with light unfairly represented. This is why the philosophy of Ansem SoD failed, but that was in part due to his nature."
^^repeated from what I said in another thread.

Crystal

Silver Member
I personally think Master Xehanort is good. All he was doing was trying to restore the balance between light and darkness. Although his way of going about doing that was VERY wrong all he wanted to do was create balance.

Evil > Good

Due to his obssesion to KH, making him the desire of forming the x-blade, and hence hurting an innocent kid, Ventus.
Curious about what happen after the keyblade war, disregard the consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back