• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort and Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castaras

Since old Master Xehanort is now in the flesh, do you think he will have a lot of interactions with Sora? not just during the final battle?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Ironically, I feel that Young Xehanort is going to be the signature Xehanort. Not only is he the personified portal for the other Xehanort's, but he's the only Xehanort that has a direct rivalry with Sora. Master Xehanort couldn't care less about Sora.

Alja

I once read that if a voice actor dies, their character usually isn't heavily used anymore in Japanese media. I don't know whether this is true or false, but if it is, this would mean that Old Xehanort doesn't get that much screen time (or at least speaking time) in general. Also, to be fair, while Sora was Xehanort's main focus in DDD, his main rivalry should be with the Wayfinder trio - he fucked them up, killed their Master and caused their suffering. Of course, this caused the suffering of the Destiny trio as well, but Sora's main antagonists are Xemnas and Ansem (and even more Xemnas because of his Roxas connection and because Ansem turned into Riku's main nemesis instead).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like they're assigning Seekers of Darkness to protagonists as their enemies, so in my eyes I see:
Sora - Xemnas/Young Xehanort/Ansem: SoD
Riku - Ansem: SoD
Mickey - Master Xehanort

I can see Mickey having a lot of interactions with Master Xehanort, maybe even Aqua. But unfortunately, I don't think Sora will be involved with him much.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I agree with Alja.

Xehanort's main focus/rivalry should be the Wayfinder trio, NOT Sora or Mickey. In the end, they are all just tools for him, but still. I also don't think we'll see much of Xehanort, given that unfortunately both of his VAs passed away. The other Seekers will probably meddle a lot, like in DDD.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't understand why people wouldn't want Sora and M. Xehanort to have a rivalry. They are both the main protagonist and antagonist respectively. They need to have some meaningful interactions between them or their inevitable battle in the Keyblade Graveyard will have little to no impact

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't understand why people wouldn't want Sora and M. Xehanort to have a rivalry. They are both the main protagonist and antagonist respectively. They need to have some meaningful interactions between them or their inevitable battle in the Keyblade Graveyard will have little to no impact
Old MX and Sora never even interacted until recently. That's mostly why. And honestly? I don't even want Sora to beat Master Xehanort, but TAV. Let them have their revenge, he diddlyed up their lives and completely destroyed them.

But hah. We all know that's not gonna happen.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Master Xehanort and Sora have often been described as each other's polar opposite: a genius, and an ordinary boy. One who forcibly takes control of other people with his heart, and one who gives shelter to others in his heart.
And, as noted, Sora did caught Xehanort's eye.

It's not that I don't understand the concept of letting TAV getting their revenge, but if Xehanort sees Mickey and Sora as tools they're not that much higher honestly. Look how he talks about them in DDD:

The broken boy who failed to be the blade... the misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend... and the feckless youth who became my new vessel.

I think that's as close as mockery as Master Xehanort ever went.
Honestly? I don't think anyone but Eraqus could pull off a satisfying rivalry with him (satisfying = something felt from both parts). He's the only one Xehanort could recognize as his peer I think. Xehanort thinks everyone's dumber than he is, true, but he also acknowledged Eraqus as a "sly fox".
Everything else would feel one-sided revenge in my opinion.
I'm not saying Eraqus vs Xehanort is what we'll get, I'm just analyzing the relationships.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I expected a rivalry between Sora and MX for KH3 because the two haven't properly interacted yet, and KH3 would be perfect for that, and because Sora is the main character while Xehanort is the main villain.

Riku obviously has his rivalry with Ansem SoD, and him and Sora would probably both have a shared rivalry with Young Xehanort.

As for Xemnas, I think it would be interesting possibly seeing him and TAV interact because of his connection to Terra and all.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

To be fair, Young Xehanort is technically Master Xehanort. It's not impossible for elderly Xehanort to interact with Sora, however, I feel that their interactions are going to be exclusively for the climax of the narrative. Does that feel slightly forced? yes. But at the end of the day, the big bad of the numbered Kingdom Hearts titles usually steal the spotlight in the climax anyway.

Alja

I don't understand why people wouldn't want Sora and M. Xehanort to have a rivalry. They are both the main protagonist and antagonist respectively.
The thing is for me, any rivalry between them is just less appealing than the ones that already have been established. Sure, Xehanort tried to make Sora his last vessel, but other than that, Sora has no real connection to him apart from "I'm the good guy, I'm gonna save the world!". Which is okay, don't get me wrong! That was kind of his role from the beginning and it's fine that he's just in it to save everyone without the weight of having to coordinate his own revenge against Xehanort. And that is exactly why interactions between Xehanort and TAV will be ultimately more interesting and exciting to me, they actually have history together and a reason to antagonize each other.
I mean, in the end, Sora and Xehanort will stand off against each other, I'm pretty sure of that and this
Master Xehanort and Sora have often been described as each other's polar opposite: a genius, and an ordinary boy. One who forcibly takes control of other people with his heart, and one who gives shelter to others in his heart.
perfectly explains why. Sora for sure will be the one to ultimately put Xehanort in his place (so to speak), but I'd still rather have their interactions limited in the beginning to bring up this particular connection between them right in the end.

As for Xemnas, I think it would be interesting possibly seeing him and TAV interact because of his connection to Terra and all.
SIGN ME UP. I'm dying to see how exactly Xemnas, too, would act if he saw any of the Wayfinder trio.

Awards
I would at least hope so, Sora is one of the only ones who hasn't even formerly met the main Xehanort. That being said, it's hard to say at this point as pretty much everyone else has some beef with him. He might have to "get in line" so to speak.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I think a scenario in which Sora has to face all the 13 norts consecutively through the plot is also possible. While different characters have direct connections to one nort or the other, cold as well be that Sora has to take them down by himself, even if helped by the people who actually have the better connection. The Master Nort could be the final nort, or... it could be another nort.
Or not a nort at all
tumblr_inline_najp3cqfjf1sa70vw_by_darkgreyheroine-dbfb1ub.png

what I want to tell it that Sora, as the main hero, could be facing all the villains like in a... dungeon with 13 floors, even if there's plot between the floors. Just imaginin' things, not that even I actually believe myself lol

StyX

Awards
I also think that Xehanort will be the final version of the "nort" but Sora have a "link" with the old xehanort and xehanort wanted to have the sora capabilities for a specific reason. He knew that Sora is special... Ansem the wise understood and explain it to Riku in DDD.

Xehanort imposes his heart on others while Sora lets them in. This duality will surely be the representation of the end of Kingdom Hearts III. Master Xehanort for the moment remains the most mysterious character and I think he had the most sad past of all.

We have not yet all the elements of his youthful period with eraqus and I badly want to see it !

Muke

whatever
Awards
I also think that Xehanort will be the final version of the "nort" but Sora have a "link" with the old xehanort and xehanort wanted to have the sora capabilities for a specific reason. He knew that Sora is special... Ansem the wise understood and explain it to Riku in DDD.

Xehanort imposes his heart on others while Sora lets them in. This duality will surely be the representation of the end of Kingdom Hearts III. Master Xehanort for the moment remains the most mysterious character and I think he had the most sad past of all.

We have not yet all the elements of his youthful period with eraqus and I badly want to see it !
Actually, Xehanort doesn't really think that Sora is special at all - Sora is only a tool in the grand scheme of things, and Xehanort only wanted his body because he couldn't plant his heart into the others (Riku, Roxas, possibly Xion,…) - he just moved down the list of Keyblade Wielders.

StyX

Awards
Actually, Xehanort doesn't really think that Sora is special at all - Sora is only a tool in the grand scheme of things, and Xehanort only wanted his body because he couldn't plant his heart into the others (Riku, Roxas, possibly Xion,…) - he just moved down the list of Keyblade Wielders.

Yes and even xehanort confesses himself that Sora is special and he has never seen anyone like him before. Yes he wanted it was at first for having his body but afterwards ?

There is one question that I have always asked myself. if Vanitas underwent a transplant as Braig had it at BBS?

The yellow eyes represent Xehanort or the part of the darkness that resides in each one of us ? I always found it interesting to know that Ventas / Vanitas had the same eyes as Master Xehanort.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
Yes and even xehanort confesses himself that Sora is special and he has never seen anyone like him before. Yes he wanted it was at first for having his body but afterwards ?

There is one question that I have always asked myself. if Vanitas underwent a transplant as Braig had it at BBS?

The yellow eyes represent Xehanort or the part of the darkness that resides in each one of us ? I always found it interesting to know that Ventas / Vanitas had the same eyes as Master Xehanort.

DDD dialogue said:
Young Xehanort: Hands off my new vessel.
Riku: Vessel?!
Young Xehanort: Yes. We originally had our sight set on you, but you developed a certain... resistance to darkness. So we did what the keyblade did and moved down the list.

Muke is right, Sora isn't special to Xehanort in terms of being the best possible vessel or the strongest candidate for a vessel, he was a good tool as in Sora (together with Riku) took down the vessels (former Organization members) that were too weak, and then Xehanort could sort them out and add better ones. Xehanort +1 inhuman traits demonstration.

About your question, I also thought about it a long time ago... Vanitas most likely has a part of Xehanort inside him, proof of which are the golden eyes. Theoretically and logically, that's how it goes. However, he originally didn't have a face, but the contact with Sora's heart gave him Sora's face - if darkness itself manifests itself through the black hair + golden eyes combination of traits, then maybe the golden eyes are not necessarily and not always a sign of being norted. That's a really tiny possibility, so him being norted like Braig in BBS is still a more plausible thing.
The fangirl inside me would love it to be otherwise, but yeah

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards

For the final battle to be effective, those two are gonna have to have some real rivarly building in KH3. A final battle between the two right now currently feels hollow because there's nothing there between the two.

Compare that to how you'd feel if in the final battle you saw Lea vs Isa, Riku vs Ansem, Aqua vs Terranort, Ventus vs Vanitas, or Roxas vs Xion. Now those are relationships. Sora and Master Xehanort, nope.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Muke is right, Sora isn't special to Xehanort in terms of being the best possible vessel or the strongest candidate for a vessel, he was a good tool as in Sora (together with Riku) took down the vessels (former Organization members) that were too weak, and then Xehanort could sort them out and add better ones. Xehanort +1 inhuman traits demonstration.

That is only one part of the dialogue (and that's from Young Xehanort, too), Master Xehanort did say that Sora was a Keyblade Wielder unlike any other he had seen.
Aside from that, in DDD Sora gets proclaimed as the one who thwarted both of Xehanort's plans. Xehanort had to notice that.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
That is only one part of the dialogue (and that's from Young Xehanort, too), Master Xehanort did say that Sora was a Keyblade Wielder unlike any other he had seen.
Aside from that, in DDD Sora gets proclaimed as the one who thwarted both of Xehanort's plans. Xehanort had to notice that.

Ah, I'll search for the precise scene in which Senpai Xehanort notices Sora then... OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back