• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Terra ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OZ mind

for a long time and I though that at the end of KH BBS Aque and Terra were keyblade masters , but I start seeing many video and threads that say he wasn't because he fail Eraqus exam , and I agree with this but hear me out ( or read in this case )

Reason 1 : keyblade master only can give the mark of mastery ,but Eraqus isn't the only master in the game there is master Xehanort , and when you go to save him in Radiant Garden ( Terra's story ) a cutscene happen called " what darkness can do " in it master Xehanort ask Terra to become his and call him master Terra , what Terra do bow , that should mean , he has become a keyblade master and Xehanort give him the mark

Reason 2 : after that ,when Terra go to destiny island and see Riku , he preform the keyblade ceremonies , why would he do that if he wasn't a master .

So , is there something that I missed

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the same reason sora has he powers of a master and he isn't one. xehanort was just deceiving terra to get his way, terra believed himself a master so performed the Rite of Passage. it worked, despite not being an official master.

tl;dr its just a title.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Let's be honest here: "Keyblade Master" is an inconsequential title that's done nothing but given Xehanort another way to screw over heroes.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The title Keyblade Master is the "Assistant to Regional Manager" of Kingdom Hearts. Its a feel good title that is not needed.

Anagram

Banned
The only thing we've seen a "true master" do that others can't is Xehanort use his keyblade to remove his own heart and place it into Terra. However thanks to the build up and mysterious new "most ancient" status of Xehanort's keyblade that can also honestly be called into question.
Sora himself did after all use a special keyblade to remove his heart as well in KH1. Albeit in a less controlled manner. (sora became heartless while Xehanort just jumped bodies)

Basically everything about masters, 'true masters' and ceremonies are all but superfluous. Even Sora managed to bypass a ceremony. In the end the keyblade just seems to decide for itself who it wants or what it'll let it's wielder do.

Edit. Eraqus too used the power to place his heart in Terra but then again he had, in a literal sense, been stabbed in the back by Xehanort and his keyblade and his body was dying/vanishing so I'd say Eraus is iffy as an example.

Last edited:

Wonderful

Awards
it's mostly just a title. the only thing that clearly differs between someone who is a true master and someone who has the power of one is that a true master is given secret knowledge that is passed down from master to master. aqua knows things that terra doesn't for example. we're given one example of something she knows in the game, but it's possible there are others as well that could become relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back