• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Qualification Exam (Role in the future)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Basically how, if at all, would this test of the heart capable of the Keyblade, should play in the next installment (if it follows Sora's direct story).

We know that apprentices of the Keyblade takes this test to determine whether, or not they can become Keyblade Masters. Once they become Keyblade Masters, they can either stay on the land (perhaps maintain it, and, or take on apprentices), or go out on their own (whatever that means).

So how if at all, would this apply to Sora and Riku? Do you guys think the concept is important and needs to be implemented in the story?

And if Keyblade Masters (based off the description of Master Eraqus) maintain some form of light in the world (or, balance) what could be in store for the realm of darkness?

If this includes that responses are spoilers, please let it be moved to the spoiler thread but if it does, I probably won't post in it.lol

Alchemic_Bankai

It doesn't quite seem like something important, just status. For example, in Naruto there are many different ranks, starting at Genin. Over the course of the story, Naruto never officially goes up in rank, but is considerably more powerful than others of higher ranks.

What I'm saying is, unless being titled a Keyblade Master grants him a new power, or something along those lines, there'd be no point in doing it.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Well i don't have a problem with the MQE being in the next game if this follows Sora and Riku but only two people i think they can test them is YenSid and Mickey......

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by RoseateDawn
When you think about it, Kairi isn't much of a fighter. I think something like White Magic suits her.

I agree. White magic seems to be her kinda style. Besides, she's lacking a Keyblade anyway. Can't take the MQE without it.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i don't see the point of a MQE for Sora and Riku(not Kairi) since they fought with the keyblade for a while and have somewhat become "masters" of the keyblade through experience battling the heartless, nobodies, and "powerful" enemies like Ansem SOD, and Organization 13 unlike the people of past like Terra, Aqua, and Ven since all there was were the Unversed at their time
i was gonna explain some more why i don't believe there should be a MQE but that contains spoilers so I won't say it
and don't be so quick to refute my argument

State

Awards
I dunno about sora taking the exam... cuz he was already dubbed not only "a keyblade master" but "THE Keyblade master."

They called him that because I assume they don't even know about the MQE. Sora is still an apprentice until he takes the exam. I'm sure in the near future, he'll take it and end up being Twilight Town's master, while Riku will go somewhere else.

Axens

Banned
I dont see where the need for the exam will come from, as they are already wielding the keyblades, but maybe the test will be referenced or something. Kairi will not pass, I can tell that much. She might have the heart, but not the strength to pass. Sora and Riku might pass after all they have been through.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree. White magic seems to be her kinda style. Besides, she's lacking a Keyblade anyway. Can't take the MQE without it.

Nice to someone liking the idea~

Yeah, although you see some people think the Keyblade that Riku lent to her to use in KHII is actually hers, which is not of course.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Hmm. Yeah, I thought about that as well. The fact that Sora and Riku fought with the Keyblade for extend periods of time, their skills in using it would be pretty advance.

But is there a defining characteristic between a Master and just a wielder of the Keyblade? I mean besides granting a sweet ass title, is some kind of benefit, or power up to receive from gaining the power of Master? If so, I would think that might be of some importance, but if not, then yes, a Master qualification exam might not be required.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
I don't think it matters because after fighting everyone that they fought they've already proven that they are strong enough if not stronger than some of the Keyblade Masters. The only reason i think it would matter is if it granted some sort of ability.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Personally I think Sora and Riku may take one in the future, but I don't see it serving much of a purpose other than status. However, I think Sora's the kind of person to want to take one.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
personaly, i dont see why they'd need to take one. sora and riku could both pass it easily and i cant see how it would advance a story.
plus most people know him as "keyblade master" anyway, from KH1 (though at the time, it was prbly cause he was the only one in the light part of the universe w/ a key and automaticaly the strongest )

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Whether or not Sora and Riku take the MQEI think depends if they acuire a master to traine them. Sora and Riku were never really apprentices to begin with since lacked any real guidacship in learning to use their Keyblades. They're more what you would call ronin, warriors whom are self trained.

Sylvos

Whether or not Sora and Riku take the MQEI think depends if they acuire a master to traine them. Sora and Riku were never really apprentices to begin with since lacked any real guidacship in learning to use their Keyblades. They're more what you would call ronin, warriors whom are self trained.

I don't know, there may be someone *coughcough*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back