• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Eraqus (?) and Land of Departure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
ReBirth Wings has posted up a small scan from this weeks Jump containing a picture of Terra, Aqua and Ven's Master:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5946/wwwdotuporg260383.jpg

Don't quote me on the romanization! I'm just guessing and it's probably completely off. In Japanese it is マスター・エラクゥス

And I think I was so excited about the picture and name I didn't notice this other part, there will be a new world called Land of Departure. An original world perhaps?

edit: changed to "Eraqus" because it sounds closer. Still nothing confirmed though.

Wait...Master Eraqus? But i-
And he-
But why?
Yannis....
There was no way he could be right....could it?

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Yannis? Who's Yannis?...

Anywho, It's kinda sad how this showing up didn't dispel any of the "ooh, one of the Org. is teh mastah!" in fact it did the opposite... Geh, Xigbar's confirmed to be Braig, not Erauqs...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ Yannis used to be a member of the forums. So, what theory of his are we talking about again?

So, instead of getting the Wise Old Man With a Beard, TAV got the Samurai Warrior mentor instead. I like his character design and his Keyblade, but I can't shake off the feeling that his face looks familiar. Maybe it's just because Square has similar character designs. Idk.

And the Land of Departure? Really? "Destiny Islands" is one thing, but the "Land of Departure??" I'm sorry to anyone who likes the name, but...why would you name your world the Land of Departure?? It'd be like if Xemnas decided to rename "The World That Never Was" to "Final Boss Land." Maybe that's not it's real name, but the magazine labeled it as such because that's where the characters depart from at the beginning.

Oh well. BBS is looking more and more epic with each new scan. I may have to buy a PSP now!

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
DANG... I was just about to post this.

Who Does This New Kingdom Hearts Character Look Like? - hironobu sakaguchi - Kotaku
Kotaku posted that this morning. I thought I would bring it to people's attention... but you did it already.

Awww, man! You mean Kotaku already found out the Master Eraqsu's resemblance to Sakaguchi-san before me? And I though I was the first one to find out.... :cry:

Oh well, no wonder why the Master's name is 'Square' in backwards.....^ ^ Wonder how Sakaguchi will react to this? :31:

Raiko

Come break me down
Awww, man! You mean Kotaku already found out the Master Eraqsu's resemblance to Sakaguchi-san before me? And I though I was the first one to find out.... :cry:

Oh well, no wonder why the Master's name is 'Square' in backwards.....^ ^ Wonder how Sakaguchi will react to this? :31:

well it isn't really 'square' backwards but the letters from 'square' is definately there.

whoa...He does look like a samurai, the sketch looks kinda close to this one.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I think he was asked/informed in before.

In all case, considering how it is in Japan, he most likely take it with honor, it is a great sign of respect from the whole Kingdom Hearts team to him, if that is the case. (though if he dies in game one could think the KH team sent him another message...)

New2Ya

I'm lost...

Seriously, I don't see it.

He doesn't look Sakaguchi at all, not EVEN the stache. The KH character's lower stache is triangle shaped, Sakaguchi has a line with a beard below it. Sakaguchi has a round face with bigger eyes than average Japanese people, whereas this Eraqsu dude has a very thin face with 'typical' small Japanese eyes. And he has different hair.

If this dude should look like any person we know, it's Jack Sparrow...:23:

You guys are thinking too much about this. Especially since Nomura isn't a Sakaguchi-ass-licker, thus him wanting to show his Saki-love seems pretty slim.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I wonder if we will have any bosses at Land of Departure, maybe an unverse version of darkside?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
We'll probably have an Unversed version of Darkside, some mini-battles with TAV like back in KH1 on DI, and probably training dummies to beat up and what-not. But that's just my guess, seeing as how it is the first world we will be starting off at as TAV.

Lonbilly

Awards
it'd be pretty epic if after you beat TAV's story mode, you unlock the Masters story mode ..... but i doubt it lol

If we got a Master scenario it would be KH2 all over again (if you know what I mean). I want a Mickey scenario after beating TAV's story, but I won't go any further on that idea because that's off-topic.

Lonbilly

Awards
I think Land of Departure and Sunset Horizons are two different worlds, from the looks of it. I mean, LoD has a bunch of blue colored rocks and a building and grass and what not, while Sunset Horizons has only been shown to have a barren brown-colored mountain landscape with abandoned Keyblades from where the Keyblade War took place. So I think it's safe to say LoD isn't Sunset Horizons.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I think Land of Departure and Sunset Horizons are two different worlds, from the looks of it. I mean, LoD has a bunch of blue colored rocks and a building and grass and what not, while Sunset Horizons has only been shown to have a barren brown-colored mountain landscape with abandoned Keyblades from where the Keyblade War took place. So I think it's safe to say LoD isn't Sunset Horizons.

While you have a point, don't jump to conclusions. Those could still be 2 parts of the same world for all we know.

PrimeTime

oh lol well thanks for clearing that up for me ....you think LoD was destroyed or maybe the barriers around that world are unbreake-able?

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Seriously, I don't see it.

He doesn't look Sakaguchi at all, not EVEN the stache. The KH character's lower stache is triangle shaped, Sakaguchi has a line with a beard below it. Sakaguchi has a round face with bigger eyes than average Japanese people, whereas this Eraqsu dude has a very thin face with 'typical' small Japanese eyes. And he has different hair.

If this dude should look like any person we know, it's Jack Sparrow...:23:

You guys are thinking too much about this. Especially since Nomura isn't a Sakaguchi-ass-licker, thus him wanting to show his Saki-love seems pretty slim.

Okay, I understand what you're getting but come on, his face is indeed similar to Sakaguchi, and his face is based on him. I mean for what else the KH team would name this character 'Master Eraqsu' and just how would they based Eraqsu's face look to that of a japanese samurai man face look from.

Sakaguchi was known there as the 'Square Master' or 'Square Teacher' for him being the man who started Square's step to gaming rpg and the birth of Final Fantasy, hence, the name of the character 'Master Eraqsu'. Like what Mr. Wilheim says, maybe this character they created is possibly dedicated to him.

Even if you still not convinced that his face is based on Sakaguchi, we just have to wait for the next BBS interview scan on the Board System and Master Eraqsu's design. Maybe Nomura might give us some info. :/

Lonbilly

Awards
While you have a point, don't jump to conclusions. Those could be 2 parts of the same world for all we know.

True, but I doubt the Keyblade War took place in TAV's world, but it is possible it did. Although it's been confirmed that Sunset Horizons is a world, and that land of Departure is, so I'm pretty sure since they have different names they aren't the exact same world. It is possible that Sunset Horizons could very well be LoD's version of Timeless River though (Not meaning they go back in the past, but a world within a world).

oh lol well thanks for clearing that up for me ....you think LoD was destroyed or maybe the barriers around that world are unbreake-able?

What exactly do you mean? I think it's possible LoD was destroyed but restored by the time KH1 ended if it was destroyed. As for the barriers, do you mean like to keep the inhabitants of the world in or...?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
True, but I doubt the Keyblade War took place in TAV's world, but it is possible it did. Although it's been confirmed that Sunset Horizons is a world, and that land of Departure is, so I'm pretty sure since they have different names they aren't the exact same world. It is possible that Sunset Horizons could very well be LoD's version of Timeless River though (Not meaning they go back in the past, but a world within a world).

You could be right, but as far as the names of the world go, I personally don't believe "Land of Departure" to be final name yet. Just seems to be a bit off to me. Doesn't really matter though, the next scans will probably prove me wrong on that point anyway.

Anyhoo, it could be some sort of world within a world, but maybe it is just another part, kinda like Halloween Town and Christmas Town or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back