• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mass Effect. Bioware has done it again.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Recently, I purchased Mass Effect and all I can say is.....wow!! This game is just terrific. The storyline for the game is epic and always interesting. The gameplay is like half third person shooter and half RPG. Pretty much it's everything DOC should've been in terms of gameplay. There's a lot side quests you can do in the game as you travel around the Milky Way. Plus you can even hook up with an alien girl. But the game mainly comes down to some of the moral choices you have to make. These choices will affect the outcome. Some can be good and some bad. It's kind of Star Trek in a way, but you're the captain. There's a lot of options in this game and unlike most shooting games this one packs in a RPG storyline so great that it is worthy of being called a Bioware masterpiece. A skilled gamer could probably beat the main story in the same amount time it takes to beat Oblivion and KOTOR's storyline. But I don't recommend blowing through this game. Enjoy the sidequests because most of them are fun.

The game does have a few flaws though. Some might find the loading times to get into certain areas annoying. And sometimes there's a few graphical issues here and there. But overall, the good outweighs the tiny flaws.

I give Mass Effect a 10/10.

Play it. Please do. This is the Sci Fi Elder Scrolls Oblivion( only the storyline for Mass Effect is 10x better).

Fuse

When will we surrender?
So, BioWare made this?

I couldn't have expected any less from them. I'm getting the game so soon for sure.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I don't like the character creation set-up, I think it's horrible and everything ends up looking ugly >.> but that's just a minor complaint, it was just a really big thing that bothered me

Q

Banned
I hope I can rent it soon, but it definitely won't be a buy game for me. I just can't stay interested in RPGs long enough to have a full commitment to gaining every piece of loot.

Puck

^Nope. Shepard is cool especially when you have him go renegade.

Puck

Actually she's cuter than the human girl you can hook up.

Puck

For some reason, a lot of gamers are having their Shepard pick the alien girl. Well at least at Gamefaqs anyway. Shepard is a Captain Kirk.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't like the character creation set-up, I think it's horrible and everything ends up looking ugly >.> but that's just a minor complaint, it was just a really big thing that bothered me

It's not that bad, it's just. . .difficult. Much like TESIV:Oblivion's. I've gotten a good male and female(Which is a LOT easier for some reason) face, it just takes effort and time.

One of my FEW complaints is that you don't get to talk to your crew as much as you did in the KotOR games. They just didn't have as much backstory as in KotOR. . .

That and the game is pretty short, shorter than KotOR, which is kinda annoying.

Puck

^Make sure when you talk to your crew on the ship that you pick investigate option. I got a lot of good stuff out of Wrex.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, I've done what I could, but they still don't talk a whole lot. On KotOR, they'd talk while on the ship, on the world, to each other more often.

Like when Carth and Mission were in the sewers a bit after they first met and he kept calling her a child.

Puck

Yeah, I see what your saying. The only time they have conversations with each other is when your in the elevator.

Puck

Not in the elevator. Come on. LOL

Anyway, I really love the side quests in this game. The only annoying side quest is that scanning the Keepers quest. I'm searching for that final keeper and I can't find it.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Meh, another complaint that I have with the game is the Mako planet exploring is somewhat. . .weak.

If you go to an unexplored planet, there's NOTHING to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back