• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mass Crossover RP. Who's interested?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod Beeblebronx

Ex-President of the Galaxy
Website
lolomg.roflforum.net
I'm gonna have a pickle for a weapon.. a pickle than make people lick stuff... bwahahahaha the ultimate weapon.

But no seriously.. I'm probably going to have a Jedi or a Sith or something like that.. helps against a mech.

ResidentEvil

Three specials are allowed now. Just don't make them uber powerful. And please Oreo. An OC with complete originality would be appreciated.

ResidentEvil

I mean no Jedi in general please. These guys are from a different dimension. Maybe we can visit Star Wars though and you get a lightsaber. But thats later.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Yea, "original character" generally means it must be original. XD

I think the point was that the hunter's would not be from any of the worlds they will be hunting in.

If I'm not approved to play the marks, I already know what my specialty is going to be. ;3

I'm going to have a "mechanical pet" wolf.

Alaude Drenxta

It should be in your better judgment to make that call. Role playing is about creativity, too many rules and it can limit the story. D:

Alaude Drenxta

Not really, that's pretty ego-tistical of you.

Crossover rps have been done over and over again hundreds of times, on this forum and many others, and to think you came up with the original idea would be ludicrous and arrogant.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Isn't this kind of a rip-off of Stargate: A Crossover RP....

Rip-off would imply an exact copy, so no, not at all a rip off.
And I just checked out the Stargate, and motives, plot, etc all completely different, so again, not rip-off.
Calling this a rip-off is like calling every single of the thousand of Organization RPs rip-offs, but no one complains about those.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
Not really, that's pretty ego-tistical of you.

Crossover rps have been done over and over again hundreds of times, on this forum and many others, and to think you came up with the original idea would be ludicrous and arrogant.

I'm not the one that came up with it, and it just seemed pretty similar to me. Don't get all mad at me.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
The Stargate RP revolves around Stargates : and here, the way to travel around world is wormhole, precisely what Stargate create. Surprise.
"A base is created in an unknown location" like our OC world created after the cross over stuff
Our just the mere fact it happens 10 days after ours when during months, maybe even years, no one did a "mass cross over RP"

Meh, I'm not gonna bother saying more.

Alaude Drenxta

Don't pick a fight about a role play then. This is not the place to become an elitist. We have enough of those around here.

It just seemed very arrogant and childish of you all to talk crap about someone else's idea and call it your own, simply because it is in the same genre. The "crossover" is the oldest rp style still in common use, and always will be. The only things that are similar are the general terms that are used in nearly every crossover, that is how they are defined, naturally they would be similar.

The plot is what defines an rp, not the conceptual design.

Sorry for snapping, but nobody likes a smart ass.

ResidentEvil

Haha. DA came to me with this idea a while ago. We've been developing it. Plus, it revolves purely around hack n'slash(sword fighting) worlds. Bounty hunters included. No guns please. It complicates things.

Alaude Drenxta

The Stargate RP revolves around Stargates : and here, the way to travel around world is wormhole, precisely what Stargate create. Surprise.
"A base is created in an unknown location" like our OC world created after the cross over stuff
Our just the mere fact it happens 10 days after ours when during months, maybe even years, no one did a "mass cross over RP"

Meh, I'm not gonna bother saying more.

My key character, Makyu, uses warp points to do inter-planar travel.
If that is the case, you stole the idea from me.

My character's world is an original world, from which he travels through canon and original worlds.

Some time after, an old member AJ started a tournament full of crossover characters.

By your logic, you're all thieves and should feel bad.

But, I digress. If you have a real issue with it, take it to a moderator. I'm sure they can make the call. Though, I can promise it won't end the way you want it to.

Haha. DA came to me with this idea a while ago. We've been developing it. Plus, it revolves purely around hack n'slash(sword fighting) worlds. Bounty hunters included. No guns please. It complicates things.

In that case, I think I'll have to take my leave. The limits are a bit too restraining for my tastes. :p

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
My key character, Makyu, uses warp points to do inter-planar travel.
If that is the case, you stole the idea from me.

My character's world is an original world, from which he travels through canon and original worlds.

Some time after, an old member AJ started a tournament full of crossover characters.

By your logic, you're all thieves and should feel bad.

But, I digress. If you have a real issue with it, take it to a moderator. I'm sure they can make the call. Though, I can promise it won't end the way you want it to.
The difference being your character wasn't in a cross over RP, and there wasn't wormhole to go from world to world, not to add in a cross over revolving on an original world created, ad lastly wasn't created ten days ago and far longer before. Wanna debate on if the probability, what % for this RP to exist if Stargate hadn't been created 10 days ago? Slim I'd say.
What probability for Stargate to exist if your character hadn't been created? The same I'd dare to say.

Oh, and I don't want to call a mod, never intended to, I'd have done it sooner if I wanted. I just posted cuz ami was called ego istical and what not. Whatever, I'm not gonna bother arguing more or make more reply here.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
I'm not the one that came up with it, and it just seemed pretty similar to me. Don't get all mad at me.

If you are referring to me as well, I am not mad at you, just stating my opinion. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

As for AD, try to play nice now ;D Although she was incorrect no reason to be at each others throats and cause a spam arguement here.

EDIT- Mr Wilhelm, your ego is showing :p Serious guys enough please? Don't waste our time argueing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back