• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Marvel's Iron Fist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
ironfist-header2.jpg

Iron Fist is the last of Marvel's Defenders (excluding The Punisher) to receive his own Netflix show preceding the cross-over series. Without getting into spoilers of the character, Daniel Rand (played by Finn Jones, Game of Thrones) has the ability to control the Iron Fist, a power that allows him to focus and redistribute his chi. Iron Fist in the past has been seen teaming up with Luke Cage in order to form the group known as Heroes for Hire. On some occasions he can be seen as being paired with Spider-Man, as the characters have some similar themes and tones.

[video=youtube;0sEJeWB3RA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEJeWB3RA8[/video]

The Netflix-exclusive Iron Fist series is said to have a lighter tone than that of its three other counterparts. More information from New York Comic Con 2016 can be found here.​

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I've heard about this show and me and my brother really want to watch it. Probably when we got time lol.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've heard about this show and me and my brother really want to watch it. Probably when we got time lol.

It doesn't come out until March so you should have plenty of time to prepare.

This is the Netflix Marvel show I'm most excited for.

Chuuya

Awards
Coming to Netflix? Well I'm glad I have Netflix then. xD

Chuuya

Awards
I know cause I've watched them lol. I was tired when I said that. But I can't wait to watch the show. I just need to start getting caught up on Luke Cage until then. xD

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I am sooooooooooo ready for this show. After seeing that huge Iron Fist reference at the end of Luke Cage is making me hyped

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I see a lot of people shitting on this show. While it does have it's faults, I found it pretty decent.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I'm at episode 9. Likewise I don't see much of a problem with the show. (Setting aside the cultural appropriaton controversy as there is simply no way Marvel could have a solution that would've satisfied everyone) It's not my favorite Marvel show, that's for sure, but I don't consider it terrible for not being able to reach the standards of what came before.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
The are two things people seem to dislike the most. The fight scenes being lackluster and poorly choreographed. And Danny's emotional outbursts being akin to a prepubescent child.

The paraphrase a few comments "Why is the fighting not as good as Daredevil season 1? He's supposed to be a master of Kung Fu." and "The fights don't have as much impact or oomph as other marvel shows. It's like he's just swinging his arms around wildly." also "For a living weapon, he can't control his emotions very well. You'd figure if he was trained to be the perfect weapon, he'd be able to control them better." as well as "I hate Danny. He's overemotional and has no direction. He gets angry or upset at the drop of a hat."

I can see their points though. The fight scenes honestly didn't bother me. Danny's emotional problems seem inline with his character arc though. Being trained to ignore your feelings at the age of 10 has to have some adverse effect resulting in the them easily reaching boiling point.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I see a lot of people shitting on this show. While it does have it's faults, I found it pretty decent.

The are two things people seem to dislike the most. The fight scenes being lackluster and poorly choreographed.

My co-workers weren't too fond of it. They implicitly stated that "the acting was weak" and "not as good as Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.."

I guess I need to find out for myself this weekend.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i enjoyed it but its certainly the weakest of the marvel shows, riddled with cliches, inconsistent writing and character cliches. the dialogue was incredibly awkward in the beginning but it improved. i'm disappointed it turned out the way it did but its not as bad as critics said.

although the ending sputtered out and i was pretty relieved when it ended, cant wait for defenders and punisher yo.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I finished this show... I really don't know why this is getting shit on so hard. It wasn't that bad at all. That being said there is some stuff that definitely could have been improved upon. The fighting wasn't as good as Dare Devil but it was sure as hell better than Jessica Jones if you ask me. As far as plot goes I would say that it's better than the second half of Luke Cage but otherwise doesn't have the same direction that the others have, probably because it just seemed like Danny going crazy and driving everyone else crazy. As far as Danny Rand's character goes, is he weird? Definitely, but I think it works for his character and the other characters react accordingly to his weirdness.

I guess the thing that bugged me the most were the heavy references to the other Defenders but they never thought, "Hey, maybe I should call up one of these people to help us out with this weird problem."

D

Deleted member 246005

Its the weakest of the defenders but its still a good show in its own right. It reminds me of Flash season 2 which had alot i liked but it didnt come together as a whole. Im not really fond of the Hand anymore because i dont find them as compelling as the other netflix villians so far. They just feel like a vague group doing evil crap for vague reasons.

I felt Daredevil should have had a presence because there were alot of Iron Fist shoutouts back in season 1. I didnt really need Jessica to pop up because she's not that altruistic. You would have to give her a more personal reason than Claire asking for a favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I've watched the first two episodes. Honestly the show's mystery elements have been the most intriguing to me. I agree with the notion that the fighting scenes are poorly choreographed. The show isn't half bad and I plan to watch the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back