• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PS4/XB1/PC) 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's so disappointing to see the game turn out this way. Hardly any new additions and a lot of them are diddlying DLC they announced in the first trailer. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time. I can't believe they actually made the sequel so visually unappealing, the roster mostly a rehash of its predecessor, and loaded with a large season pass from the get go. It really blows to pass on one of my favorite franchises.

I think its even worse since most of the roster is rehashed yet there are so many people missing? Like if they had basically the whole UMVC3 roster and then the like 5 new characters we are getting in the base game plus the 6 more in the DLC then it would be a decent roster at least....still have like no visual style and be unappealing looking lol. And the story has crap writing just from the demo...but some of the scenes could be cool, if the art style wasn't so crap at least ha.

At least they fixed Chun Li's face. Expecting them to fix Morrigan to, but none of the guys. Because waifus get priority. I agree with pinwheel though. This is just such a lousy release. It's a recycled and reskinned MvC3 with updated graphics, and ugly character models, and re-balanced for 2v2 gameplay. And yeah. having most of the new characters be day one DLC (wanna bet they're on the disc again, like with SFxT?) is something they should be shamed for.

character_header_dante_alt.jpg

:( It will never leave...

Also, Chun's face still looks weird, now she just has gaudy make up on instead lol, not really better imo...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Preorder Costumes

[video=youtube;5tVLWAJBD2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVLWAJBD2U[/video]

1. Command Mission X
2. Evil Ryu
3. Warrior Thor
4. Gladiator Hulk

I like them all except Thor to be honest. I just think it's lame design.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;mJhOq8RXRsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJhOq8RXRsU[/video]

mehhhh

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'll wait until this game drops to €15 or gets an Ultimate edition that's not so undercooked. This year has been such a good one for fighting games, so this really stands out as not worthwhile.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah so now that this is out everyone is saying its quite fun to play, which I kind of got from the demo. They improved some models but others still look so meh and the lighting is still so...bad. Like it just looks off. Its not really realistic, or cartoon, or comic inspired I just don't get it.

The DLC characters pretty much all excite me but thats the thing, it sounds like most will be done by the end of the year so that's ridiculous. Why not just wait, work on the models more at least, and then release the initial roster with those 6, or 7?, DLC characters in the base game. And then announce more DLC. Cuz currently yeah, I'm getting this on sale or waiting for the actual FULL game to be released lol.

I think they may want to keep adding more after these initial characters....I'd dig it if they brought back more Marvel 3 people for free. Amaterasu and Storm are who I want most. I'm still miffed they clearly didn't forget about Okami with them rereleasing it AGAIN. Yet we get like Nemesis and generic Gargoyle from Ghost n' Goblins back but not her? Its so annoying.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I don't doubt the core gameplay is fun. Doesn't change the fact that this is an underwhelming product. 30 characters, out of which only 5 aren't recycled from the previous game (and to add insult to injury, there are six more newcomers on the way as DLC)... and only 4 female characters... really?! Wow.

English voice acting only. No ending sequences. Short and badly written story mode. Recycled characters and animations. Not that many other modes to play offline. It's not as big of a trainwreck as Street Fighter V, but there are so many other amazing games that have or are coming out this year making this look like a quick cashgrab in comparison.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't doubt the core gameplay is fun. Doesn't change the fact that this is an underwhelming product. 30 characters, out of which only 5 aren't recycled from the previous game (and to add insult to injury, there are six more newcomers on the way as DLC)... and only 4 female characters... really?! Wow.

English voice acting only. No ending sequences. Short and badly written story mode. Recycled characters and animations. Not that many other modes to play offline. It's not as big of a trainwreck as Street Fighter V, but there are so many other amazing games that have or are coming out this year making this look like a quick cashgrab in comparison.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised even 2 of the DLC are women lol. It's super annoying and gross to be sure. I dunno, it really is cash grab-ish, but parts of it make we want it I guess. I guess I just like the series, bums me out...

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I like the series too. I have Ultimate MVC3 on PS3, PS4 and Vita. I even got vanilla MVC3, since it was dirt cheap. People were let down by the latter. Myself included. But even that game felt more fresh at the time of its release than Infinite does.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I like the series too. I have Ultimate MVC3 on PS3, PS4 and Vita. I even got vanilla MVC3, since it was dirt cheap. People were let down by the latter. Myself included. But even that game felt more fresh at the time of its release than Infinite does.

yeah I got really mad they rereleased it so soon, it took me a while to get the Ultimate version, but I was still happier with both than this currently. In spite of the fact that, as I said, I like quite a bit of the newcomers. Its sad really. I SHOULD have been more excited, they really dropped the ball.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Capcom has officially activated its trap card.

But, real talk, this is diddlying HYPE

monster-hunter-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-png.png

I just watched the part of the story mode with her in it, and it was pretty hype tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if that whole section wasn't the best part of the story mode overall lol. But it was nice to know I enjoyed what I saw, corny writing aside.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;r61Yi6rHetw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61Yi6rHetw[/video]

That barrel bomb finale was sickkkkkkkk.

I guess Capcom went with the more iconic weapons. I really wanted Epitaph instead of Bone GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back