• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PS4/XB1/PC) 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The guy who leaked it over on GAF allegedly has a solid track record. Supposedly everything he's leaked in the past turned out to be true, so I wouldn't bank on this one being debunked. If it's true you can count me out on this game. I disagree with having diversity for diversity's sake, but only 4 female characters is admittedly not a good look.

Funny you should mention the lack of diversity, I'm concerned about the lack of diversity from both Capcom and Marvel in terms of represented properties. It's entirely understandable not to have X-Men because Marvel does not want to promote characters that they don't have movie rights to, but this is literally Avengers + Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Street Fighter + Mainstream Capcom Characters.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Funny you should mention the lack of diversity, I'm concerned about the lack of diversity from both Capcom and Marvel in terms of represented properties. It's entirely understandable not to have X-Men because Marvel does not want to promote characters that they don't have movie rights to, but this is literally Avengers + Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Street Fighter + Mainstream Capcom Characters.

I agree completely. In the past MvC has been filled with niche and fun characters, such as MODOK and Dormammu. What about introducing villains from the Spidey universe? Spider-Gwen? Not even Black Panther? It's disappointing to say the least.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah if this is the full roster I probably won't get it immediately...or anytime soon after lol. Its super underwhelming.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry to double post, but Zero and Black Panther got confirmed in the trailers and stuff today and neither are in the leaked list. Though Gamora is, along with Arthur.

So, I maybe the list is technically true, but not the whole starting roster? I mean obviously its not lol. At least missing, well 1. I don't think its confirmed if Black Panther is starting or DLC, but Zero seems to be fully functioning already.

Edit: Oh Black Panther was confirmed as DLC lol. Well that sucks ass, but Zero still kind of breaks the leaked roster. I am slightly more optimistic.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Why does Cap look like he was drawn by Rob Liefeld in this game tho.

Black Panther being DLC is trash because launch character DLC is trash and also because he should just be included but whatever, Capcom wants the $$$

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The monster (at the end) is from the Monster Hunter series called Dah'ren Mohran. Pretty epic to see it make a cameo.

p.s the story mode demo should now be available.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Why does Cap look like he was drawn by Rob Liefeld in this game tho.

Black Panther being DLC is trash because launch character DLC is trash and also because he should just be included but whatever, Capcom wants the $$$

I mean yeah the graphics still don't look great...at least in cutscenes. When its moving all fast in gameplay it looks fine. Just kind of really shiny. Like the lighting isn't done...which I hope they do fix lol.

And also yeah BP being DLC makes me irritated. It feels like they are saving a lot of unique characters for it for little reason. I would say they aren't done with them yet but just delay the damn game honestly. Especially if the roster is going to be as small as the leak says.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Spider-Man and Phoenix Wright are my jam. I spy Spidey, but no Phoenix. Also sad about no Wolverine :/

Precursor Mar

Dis gon be a good game

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah so I played the Story Demo, its actually fun to play, but gosh some of their faces are hideous. And I dunno if they have enough time to fix stuff like that? On top of the fact I am still worried about the roster. I shouldn't have to pay for half the new characters as DLC.

I kind of have to wonder...what exactly are they doing? Like, most of the characters are the exact same as the last game, all their moves are almost exactly the same, and there are barely any new characters as it is. So why are the graphics still so mediocre? Have they only been working on this game for a year or something? It definitely comes off rushed...which is a shame. I really would like it to be pushed back honestly.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wow, Crapcom never seem to learn their lesson. Tekken x Street Fighter was already tarnished, and they have the nerve to carry their sleazy practices to this game.

Tim Griffin

Well tekken is not tht well known. But Marvel and Capcom were out since long long time ago. A lot of people know both of the company.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well tekken is not tht well known. But Marvel and Capcom were out since long long time ago. A lot of people know both of the company.

That wasn't the point of my post, my point was that Capcom published Capcom x Street Fighter and had on disk DLC. They seem to be doing the same thing here. And by the way, Tekken has sold over 47.6 million copies to date. To put that into perspective, that's in the 50 million copies category.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

The series sold somewhere near 50 million copies, while Marvel vs. Capcom has sold somewhere around 8 million. Tekken has been around since 1994, two years before Capcom vs. X-Men and 4 years before the first Marvel vs. Capcom. It is not only very well known, but is far more popular than Marvel vs. Capcom. Please don't make up facts.

Anyways, in regards to the demo, it's awful. I was really excited to jump in at first despite the terrible leaked roster, but when I was finished I was nothing but disappointed. The mash square for combo mechanic is so so so terrible for teaching new players how to play a fighting game, the character models are hideous, and the animations are not even close to being impressive in any way. Based on the demo, the game feels like a cross between a quick cash grab, a budget that was too small, and/or a short time schedule.

This could've been a much bigger franchise for Capcom, but I have no idea how this will find success. It looks like amateurish at its very best when put next to Tekken 7, Injustice 2, or even the underwhelming Street Fighter V. This game's a mess.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Not gonna lie... I am NOT that impressed with the roster. The only one that piqued my interests were Monster Hunter, and Jedah.

But Black Panther as DLC, really? You put one epic addition (at least for me) and you put a freaking pay wall up in this bitch? Damn. That's disappointing. Sorry but I'm gonna pass up on this one and just watch the story mode on youtube. Damn capcom never outgrew its mistakes.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Gamescon 2017 Trailer

[video=youtube;Af6LWQcdC2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6LWQcdC2w[/video]

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
It's so disappointing to see the game turn out this way. Hardly any new additions and a lot of them are fucking DLC they announced in the first trailer. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is my favorite fighting game of all time. I can't believe they actually made the sequel so visually unappealing, the roster mostly a rehash of its predecessor, and loaded with a large season pass from the get go. It really blows to pass on one of my favorite franchises.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
At least they fixed Chun Li's face. Expecting them to fix Morrigan to, but none of the guys. Because waifus get priority. I agree with pinwheel though. This is just such a lousy release. It's a recycled and reskinned MvC3 with updated graphics, and ugly character models, and re-balanced for 2v2 gameplay. And yeah. having most of the new characters be day one DLC (wanna bet they're on the disc again, like with SFxT?) is something they should be shamed for.

The series sold somewhere near 50 million copies, while Marvel vs. Capcom has sold somewhere around 8 million. Tekken has been around since 1994, two years before Capcom vs. X-Men and 4 years before the first Marvel vs. Capcom. It is not only very well known, but is far more popular than Marvel vs. Capcom. Please don't make up facts.

Yeah. Tekken is the best-selling fighting game franchise, although half of the sales come from Europe alone so it's safe to say it's maybe not as popular in North America as it is here. Street Fighter, from what I recall, is bigger than Tekken in North America but not worldwide.

Either way, to say Tekken is unknown is about as ridiculous as the official reason why X-Men characters aren't in the game ("maybe younger Marvel fans don't know who they are" - yes, they seriously said that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back